Company of Heroes

Company of Heroes

View Stats:
Invisible Graphics BUGs / Glitches
I am having a problem: When I start a match/skirmish/map, the graphics start glitching and stuff like that, and soldiers and buildings become invisible! I tried low the graphics via main manu and all my drivers are lastest.:postcardb:
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Ϯ Ooooosh Ϯ Sep 5, 2013 @ 3:06pm 
Try making your screen resolutions smaller.
Did you also try moving th slider all the way to the left as well in the gfx settings ?
Irish Water Sep 5, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
I had this problem, but I managed to fix it by changing the texture settings to high. When on the lowest graphics settings, the units don't show. It shouldn't make much difference to the preformance of the game either.
Millerbertinho Sep 5, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
I will try right away
Millerbertinho Sep 5, 2013 @ 3:23pm 
Coopasss <3 THANKKKK YOUUUUUUU, THIS game makes no sense.
higher graphics = higher perfomance?
Irish Water Sep 5, 2013 @ 3:26pm 
No problem, just glad to help.
Bruce Jan 12, 2015 @ 7:52pm 
Coopasss, you are a genius. I don't know if you are still out there or if you will ever read this, but I want to THANK YOU for this solution. You would not believe how much time I spend researching this problem and dithering with compatibility settings, video driver updates, memory usage commands, when all that was wrong was that the game did not sense my laptop hardware correctly and put all video settings (particularly texture) to "low" or "no." THAT WAS WHY I HAD "INVISIBLE GRAPHICS"! Merely dialing the settings up fixed the problem and had no negative effect on gameplay, as I would expect because my laptop is more than capable of handling this game.

I feel bad for the people who I noticed in my travels across the Internet who had asked about the same issue and never received a satisfactory response. Who in the heck would guess that, as SMB said above, "higher graphics = higher performance"? The natural instinct in a situation like this is to think that your system cannot handle the higher graphics settings, hence the problem. Also, it might be assumed that the game could easily sense hardware capabilities and set things properly, but no. I wish I could reach all of those people in need but they have all either found the solution or have moved on. Too bad.
Millerbertinho Jan 13, 2015 @ 4:24am 
Originally posted by bru888:
Coopasss, you are a genius. I don't know if you are still out there or if you will ever read this, but I want to THANK YOU for this solution. You would not believe how much time I spend researching this problem and dithering with compatibility settings, video driver updates, memory usage commands, when all that was wrong was that the game did not sense my laptop hardware correctly and put all video settings (particularly texture) to "low" or "no." THAT WAS WHY I HAD "INVISIBLE GRAPHICS"! Merely dialing the settings up fixed the problem and had no negative effect on gameplay, as I would expect because my laptop is more than capable of handling this game.

I feel bad for the people who I noticed in my travels across the Internet who had asked about the same issue and never received a satisfactory response. Who in the heck would guess that, as SMB said above, "higher graphics = higher performance"? The natural instinct in a situation like this is to think that your system cannot handle the higher graphics settings, hence the problem. Also, it might be assumed that the game could easily sense hardware capabilities and set things properly, but no. I wish I could reach all of those people in need but they have all either found the solution or have moved on. Too bad.

Yup, plus, my game looks somewhat better now that I set all to high, and i get like 100 fps instead of 5 + invisible textures

This doesnt make much sense to me
Buyauskasz Aug 18, 2015 @ 12:16pm 
im having this problem right now. i tried the higher texture graphics. but it didnt do anything, im trying everything on high right now. but if you guys could give me a solution on what to change, and how much, i'd really appreciate that
Buyauskasz Aug 18, 2015 @ 12:22pm 
Haha this game is just weird. i put all my settings to the highest possible and it works. idk if you guys are reading this, but thank you so much :)
Irish Water Aug 18, 2015 @ 2:52pm 
Haha no problem :)
Millerbertinho Aug 18, 2015 @ 4:12pm 
Originally posted by CHANGE:
Haha this game is just weird. i put all my settings to the highest possible and it works. idk if you guys are reading this, but thank you so much :)

Yes, exactly.
lordshoa Aug 19, 2015 @ 2:49am 
The higher the gfx the more it crashes if put in directx 10 mode

Originally posted by Sir Miller Berto:
Coopasss <3 THANKKKK YOUUUUUUU, THIS game makes no sense.
higher graphics = higher perfomance?
THANK YOU COOPASSSS
Originally posted by jefflam1015:
THANK YOU COOPASSSS
No problem!
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 15 30 50