Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

TheGrand547 Aug 12, 2020 @ 8:00pm
Difference(s) vs Classics?
Is there any noticeable negative differences in this version currently over the separate classic releases? I'm pretty sure this is the way to go but some of the reviews(admittedly outdated but still wanted to ask) mention that there are significant drawbacks to this version. Do those still remain or have they been fixed? I'm not a first time player or a purist so this is just so I play the best version, even if it has some minor things off

Thank you for your time, have a great day
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Funny Rat Aug 13, 2020 @ 12:40am 
There's not a whole lot different but it does have some of its own minor bugs here and there. Don't think there are any serious issues anymore though.
There are a couple of extra secrets as well and both encounters are glued together in one campaign.

You do get the original releases as well when you buy this if you prefer to play the original games directly.
slider86 Aug 14, 2020 @ 5:33am 
In terms of negative differences it's just more buggy, especially on co-op and multiplayer which is a problem if you want to get achievements. Speaking of achievements some have trouble unlocking. You do get more content though with Revolution thanks to fans.
Last edited by slider86; Aug 14, 2020 @ 5:34am
TheGrand547 Aug 14, 2020 @ 12:47pm 
Originally posted by slider86:
In terms of negative differences it's just more buggy, especially on co-op and multiplayer which is a problem if you want to get achievements. Speaking of achievements some have trouble unlocking. You do get more content though with Revolution thanks to fans.
If i'm only going to play singleplayer is it probably the better option?
puddingtopf Aug 14, 2020 @ 1:55pm 
In my opinion, yes. Others seems to disagree, but I like having both campaigns in one game. Also, better graphics settings (I don't think the original games have FOV sliders).
TheGrand547 Aug 14, 2020 @ 4:10pm 
thanks!
slider86 Aug 14, 2020 @ 4:31pm 
Originally posted by TheGrand547:
thanks!
If you can put up with the bugs and some achievements not unlocking I think you should be happy with what's on offer here.
Macario Sep 21, 2020 @ 1:45pm 
Originally posted by slider86:
Originally posted by TheGrand547:
thanks!
If you can put up with the bugs and some achievements not unlocking I think you should be happy with what's on offer here.
What bugs are you talking about? I have played this a lot and I have not noticed anything, in fact, according to me this fixed bugs of the originals, the only thing I hate is the online is unplayable.
Macario Sep 21, 2020 @ 1:50pm 
Originally posted by TheGrand547:
Is there any noticeable negative differences in this version currently over the separate classic releases? I'm pretty sure this is the way to go but some of the reviews(admittedly outdated but still wanted to ask) mention that there are significant drawbacks to this version. Do those still remain or have they been fixed? I'm not a first time player or a purist so this is just so I play the best version, even if it has some minor things off

Thank you for your time, have a great day

I'm a bit late, but they forgot to mention other things, like secret weapons that you can find in the campaigns that were not in the original games, a small visual improvement, this game has a workshop so you can easily download cool mods, and the inclusion of a new campaign in case you want more Serious Sam. But online is garbage.
slider86 Sep 22, 2020 @ 8:43am 
Originally posted by BeethovenMuerto :U:
What bugs are you talking about? I have played this a lot and I have not noticed anything, in fact, according to me this fixed bugs of the originals, the only thing I hate is the online is unplayable.
What bugs? Let's just say there's a lot of room for improvement.
Macario Sep 22, 2020 @ 11:24am 
Originally posted by slider86:
Originally posted by BeethovenMuerto :U:
What bugs are you talking about? I have played this a lot and I have not noticed anything, in fact, according to me this fixed bugs of the originals, the only thing I hate is the online is unplayable.
What bugs? Let's just say there's a lot of room for improvement.
Like which? I imagine that they are only small details that only people who use magnifying glasses to play notice, I have like 60 hours of play in this and I have never noticed anything, there is nothing that affects or ruins the experience, what I have noticed is that the animation of the launches rockets, but I think that's even in the first game And one that bothers me, is that when you finish SFE and immediately SSE starts, the map is full for some reason..
Last edited by Macario; Sep 22, 2020 @ 1:39pm
slider86 Sep 22, 2020 @ 2:25pm 
Originally posted by BeethovenMuerto :U:
Like which? I imagine that they are only small details that only people who use magnifying glasses to play notice, I have like 60 hours of play in this and I have never noticed anything, there is nothing that affects or ruins the experience, what I have noticed is that the animation of the launches rockets, but I think that's even in the first game And one that bothers me, is that when you finish SFE and immediately SSE starts, the map is full for some reason..
Pacing of Bright Island, the inclusion of platforming for an engine where it doesn't work, broken achievements, broken co-op, way too difficult survival maps, broken servers. The list goes on.
Macario Sep 22, 2020 @ 7:49pm 
Originally posted by slider86:
Originally posted by BeethovenMuerto :U:
Like which? I imagine that they are only small details that only people who use magnifying glasses to play notice, I have like 60 hours of play in this and I have never noticed anything, there is nothing that affects or ruins the experience, what I have noticed is that the animation of the launches rockets, but I think that's even in the first game And one that bothers me, is that when you finish SFE and immediately SSE starts, the map is full for some reason..
Pacing of Bright Island, the inclusion of platforming for an engine where it doesn't work, broken achievements, broken co-op, way too difficult survival maps, broken servers. The list goes on.
About Bright Island that's more of a design problem, it's not a Bug, anyway Brigth Island isn't Terrible either, Much better than many horrible custom levels that don't know the definition of balance, Co op broken? I've played the game several times in Coop (Split Screen) and nothing serious has ever happened to me, I only remember that ONE level an elevator did not work, but that's all, yes, the online is garbage, there is a delay of a second or two in all your movements, platforming, where? Are you talking about Bright Island? There are only like 3 parts where you do that, and it's not that bad, it's like 5% of the campeign, I'm not defending it, that's bad, but it's not too much, and again, that's not a Bug. I feel that people give too much ♥♥♥♥ to Revolution in general, it is a good collection of the first and second games, with slight improvements, and an extra campaign, I wish the online was not garbage. If it had a slow development and it took a long time to finish the extra campaign, but it is already complete and it's pretty good.
Last edited by Macario; Sep 22, 2020 @ 7:58pm
Macario Sep 22, 2020 @ 7:56pm 
Originally posted by BeethovenMuerto :U:
Originally posted by slider86:
Pacing of Bright Island, the inclusion of platforming for an engine where it doesn't work, broken achievements, broken co-op, way too difficult survival maps, broken servers. The list goes on.
About Bright Island that's more of a design problem, it's not a Bug, anyway Brigth Island isn't Terrible either, Much better than many horrible custom levels that don't know the definition of balance, Co op broken? I've played the game several times in Coop and nothing serious has ever happened to me, I only remember that ONE level an elevator did not work, but that's all, yes, the online is garbage, there is a delay of a second or two in all your movements, platforming, where? Are you talking about Bright Island? There are only like 3 parts where you do that, and it's not that bad, it's like 5% of the campeign, I'm not defending it, that's bad, but it's not too much, and again, that's not a Bug. I feel that people give too much ♥♥♥♥ to Revolution in general, it is a good collection of the first and second games, with slight improvements, and an extra campaign, I wish the online was not garbage. If it had a slow development and it took a long time to finish the extra campaign, but it is already complete and it's pretty good.
it has little problems that together can be annoying (I guess) but it can still be fixed, I understand that it will being updated (Hopefully it won't take like 4 years again, even though it's probably just updates to fix Bugs) I am hopeful that after SS4 comes out this will get more attention.
slider86 Sep 23, 2020 @ 7:53am 
I mean at the end of the day if you buy the games you get it free but it's way too unplayable right now to be fun. Needs a lot of revisions.
Macario Sep 23, 2020 @ 8:26am 
Originally posted by slider86:
I mean at the end of the day if you buy the games you get it free but it's way too unplayable right now to be fun. Needs a lot of revisions.
Yeah, I'm not going to lie I paid like 1 dollar for this, (some free), but, it's not unplayable, what are you talking about? you talk about it as if the game is a broken piece of ♥♥♥♥, when it is not, they are still the original games, with a little extra ♥♥♥♥ and you can play them without problems.
Unplayable is that you literally cannot play (no ♥♥♥♥) or that you cannot take 2 steps in the game without running into a bug, which fortunately is not the case here, you exaggerate.
By the way I agree with the Survival mode, there are some very easy and others where I have been like 10 minutes and they do not give me any medals, but anyway I only use it to kill time, the game does not save the medals only time which, I'll be honest, is kind of lame.
Last edited by Macario; Sep 23, 2020 @ 8:32am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50