Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

slider86 Feb 2, 2020 @ 6:25pm
Question about Unlocking Ugh-Zan Difficulty
Just wondered can Ugh-Zan difficulty be unlocked through playing Serious difficulty in multi-player or can it only be done through standard single player mode?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
puddingtopf Feb 3, 2020 @ 1:40pm 
I think multiplayer works, but you can also just enter this in the console: /sam_bUghZanActivated=1
slider86 Feb 5, 2020 @ 4:24pm 
Originally posted by puddingtopf:
I think multiplayer works, but you can also just enter this in the console: /sam_bUghZanActivated=1
Would the achievement still unlock if you cheated to unlock that difficulty mode?
puddingtopf Feb 6, 2020 @ 12:46am 
I'm pretty sure that this command doesn't count as a cheat, otherwise it would basically break your whole game, so yes. I think I unlocked two achievements after I had already activated this.
Last edited by puddingtopf; Feb 6, 2020 @ 12:46am
slider86 Feb 6, 2020 @ 1:31pm 
Thanks. Will try it out.
slider86 Feb 7, 2020 @ 11:07am 
Originally posted by puddingtopf:
I'm pretty sure that this command doesn't count as a cheat, otherwise it would basically break your whole game, so yes. I think I unlocked two achievements after I had already activated this.
I can now confirm this achievement can't be unlocked in multi-player. Tried it on Ugh-Zan difficulty, no extras on The Great Pyramid and it didn't activate.
puddingtopf Feb 7, 2020 @ 11:12am 
Originally posted by pferreira86:
this achievement can't be unlocked in multi-player.
Achievement? We were only talking about unlocking Ugh-Zan difficulty...
Do you mean the achievement for beating one of the final levels on that setting? Because the achievement description clearly says "in singleplayer".
slider86 Feb 7, 2020 @ 11:13am 
Originally posted by puddingtopf:
Originally posted by pferreira86:
this achievement can't be unlocked in multi-player.
Achievement? We were only talking about unlocking Ugh-Zan difficulty...
Do you mean the achievement for beating one of the final levels on that setting? Because the achievement description clearly says "in singleplayer".
So it can't be unlocked in multi-player? Blast...
puddingtopf Feb 7, 2020 @ 11:17am 
Originally posted by pferreira86:
So it can't be unlocked in multi-player? Blast...
Yeah, could've saved some time by reading the description, lol. You better do this legit in solo mode, so get ready to quicksave. I actually wanted to try this as well, I'm just not sure about the broken achievements in this game.
slider86 Feb 7, 2020 @ 11:21am 
Originally posted by puddingtopf:
Yeah, could've saved some time by reading the description, lol. You better do this legit in solo mode, so get ready to quicksave. I actually wanted to try this as well, I'm just not sure about the broken achievements in this game.
I'm good. I doubt very much I can last five seconds on that difficulty. I'd just be reloading the same five seconds again and again. Plus as you say no guarantee this achievement will work.
puddingtopf Feb 7, 2020 @ 11:24am 
Originally posted by pferreira86:
I'm good. I doubt very much I can last five seconds on that difficulty. I'd just be reloading the same five seconds again and again. Plus as you say no guarantee this achievement will work.
I see, you're not one of the hardcore fans? :pumpkinsam: But I understand, it's a pretty stupid difficulty mode... Still, I think I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow, at least to see how it is. And if I manage to get through it, I better get that damn achievement.
Last edited by puddingtopf; Feb 7, 2020 @ 11:24am
slider86 Feb 7, 2020 @ 11:42am 
Good luck. Tell us how it goes.
puddingtopf Feb 7, 2020 @ 12:46pm 
Originally posted by pferreira86:
Good luck. Tell us how it goes.
Thanks, will do.
puddingtopf Feb 7, 2020 @ 1:46pm 
Update: I just played The Great Pyramid on Ugh-Zan difficulty because I was bored.
I can confidently say that this mode is complete sh*t. It's so unbalanced, I really don't recommend trying to get this achievement if you're not an experienced Serious Sam player. But at least it worked and I unlocked it.
slider86 Feb 7, 2020 @ 2:15pm 
Originally posted by puddingtopf:
Update: I just played The Great Pyramid on Ugh-Zan difficulty because I was bored.
I can confidently say that this mode is complete sh*t. It's so unbalanced, I really don't recommend trying to get this achievement if you're not an experienced Serious Sam player. But at least it worked and I unlocked it.
Okay so like Who Needs Kills Anyway and Christmas Survival 2014 no chance of me getting these. Good to know. Ahahahaha!

Perhaps when Croteam come back to Serious Sam Revolution and fix the achievements either to work or make them less punishing I'll try for the remaining 15.
Last edited by slider86; Feb 7, 2020 @ 2:17pm
puddingtopf Feb 7, 2020 @ 2:26pm 
Originally posted by pferreira86:
Who Needs Kills Anyway and Christmas Survival 2014
WNKA is a really stupid achievement, I don't even know how you're supposed to avoid so many enemies. CS14 is probably very hard, but at least it's simple and probably doable. I want to try that and a few other missing achievements from my list as well (but not now).

Also, I'm curious: I've noticed that you've barely played the HD games, and that was over 3 years ago. You even skipped BFE. Why are you so interested in Revolution? And why don't you want to get better and try some of the harder stuff? ;^) Or am I underestimating you? Because SS is really more fun if you see and understand its complexity on Serious difficulty.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 15 30 50