Euro Truck Simulator 2

Euro Truck Simulator 2

View Stats:
Game crashing due to AI traffic mods?
I have no map mods and running the latest version of the game. Game ran fine with some workshop mods and as soon as I downloaded the updated jazzycat AI mods (traffic, trucks, motorcycles), the game started crashing when I open the menu. I'm not sure if it has to do with the order of the files or if there is an issue with the mods. These mods never had a compatibility issue in their old versions during the 1.32 and all have been updated since.
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/Tf4zGwgS
Last edited by The Absolute Madman; Jun 22 @ 5:03pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
It started crashing on me as well. I removed some of the outdated mods, but the game continued to crash. Even verifying files doesn't seem to work.
Nono54Fr Jun 22 @ 5:38pm 
Originally posted by The Absolute Madman:
I have no map mods and running the latest version of the game. Game ran fine with some workshop mods and as soon as I downloaded the updated jazzycat AI mods (traffic, trucks, motorcycles), the game started crashing when I open the menu. I'm not sure if it has to do with the order of the files or if there is an issue with the mods. These mods never had a compatibility issue in their old versions during the 1.32 and all have been updated since.
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/Tf4zGwgS

You say you don't have any map mods but the game is looking for ProMods, and hard. Some sounds mods seems to be outdated, as some traffic mods, and the load order seems to be wrong (Sound Fixes Pack v19.12 - ETS2 = highest priority / at the top).
Originally posted by Nono54Fr:
Originally posted by The Absolute Madman:
I have no map mods and running the latest version of the game. Game ran fine with some workshop mods and as soon as I downloaded the updated jazzycat AI mods (traffic, trucks, motorcycles), the game started crashing when I open the menu. I'm not sure if it has to do with the order of the files or if there is an issue with the mods. These mods never had a compatibility issue in their old versions during the 1.32 and all have been updated since.
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/Tf4zGwgS

You say you don't have any map mods but the game is looking for ProMods, and hard. Some sounds mods seems to be outdated, as some traffic mods, and the load order seems to be wrong (Sound Fixes Pack v19.12 - ETS2 = highest priority / at the top).
I deleted pro mods months ago and stopped playing the game for a while. Anyway to change this? And I'll try playing with the priority order see if it helps. Edit: I figured out that my realistic traffic mod might be the issue. Its compatible for the right version of the game and Jazzycat mods so I'm not sure what is up with it right now. I'll continue to change priorities.
Last edited by The Absolute Madman; Jun 22 @ 5:51pm
Right. As it turns out, if you have too many AI traffic mods, the game will start to suffer because the game itself can only hold up to 800 vehicles before it starts to be flooded with errors before crashing to desktop. I removed the BDF traffic pack and it seems to have solved this issue (since the game doesn't support BDF AI traffic IIRC).

Until SCS can upgrade their game to a newer, better engine, you're better off getting just a few AI traffic packs that might help suit your needs, just to be on the safe side, of course.
Originally posted by Jon the VGNerd:
Right. As it turns out, if you have too many AI traffic mods, the game will start to suffer because the game itself can only hold up to 800 vehicles before it starts to be flooded with errors before crashing to desktop. I removed the BDF traffic pack and it seems to have solved this issue (since the game doesn't support BDF AI traffic IIRC).

Until SCS can upgrade their game to a newer, better engine, you're better off getting just a few AI traffic packs that might help suit your needs, just to be on the safe side, of course.
Thats kind of odd though. I used every jazzycat traffic mod except the brazil and russia pack in an older build of the game (1.32 was the last one I played) including the same realistic traffic mod, and the game ran just fine even with Promods, Southern regions, and the great steppe.
Last edited by The Absolute Madman; Jun 22 @ 5:57pm
Yeah. The BDF might've proved too much to handle, especially since its engine is outdated. I'm betting they really want to make a new engine but they also don't want to start remaking the game from scratch.
Originally posted by Jon the VGNerd:
Yeah. The BDF might've proved too much to handle, especially since its engine is outdated. I'm betting they really want to make a new engine but they also don't want to start remaking the game from scratch.

The BDF mod has worked fine up through 1.34. However, SCS has introduced double trailers in the AI traffic now with 1.35 and that may be causing a problem with the changes they made for that. Not a game engine limitation. ;)


@OP -- I also notice you're running Real European Companies (by Tamiel18) mod which hasn't been updated since Dec 2017.
phease Jun 22 @ 6:52pm 
the jazzycat ai traffic addon has a bug atm which makes ETS2 crash (for me it's always the same error, Toyota Land Cruiser 200 having an undefined variable "hook")

but yours seems to be different anyway, with all the undefined garage spawn points and traffic rules
Sure seems like it. I still removed it either way and it seems to have negated the issue altogether.
On an unrelated note, it seems the game has a serious habit of flooding logs with errors related to DX11, whether it'd be mods or vanilla. Hopefully SCS can look into it and fix the annoying issue.
btw: jazzycat updated almost all his mods the last few days to run with 1.35
only the big one (3 parts + language, trailers_and_cargo_pack) still causes some problems. all others (ai_traffic, bus, classic, sportscar, motorcycle, painted bdf, painted truck, american_truck, trailer_traffic) work fine for me. no crashes, fast loading. only the big one creates a grafic issue under dx11
I disabled a realistic increased traffic mod and it seemed to have solve the problem which is a bummer because I like having the increased traffic.
Originally posted by The Absolute Madman:
I disabled a realistic increased traffic mod and it seemed to have solve the problem which is a bummer because I like having the increased traffic.

You can always try DB creation traffic mod for increased traffic, maybe that one works.
So pretty much any traffic mod I uses causes the game to crash with the error "Failed to assign pool segment". Apparently its an issue with 1.35. Gonna try running an older version of the game to see if it helps.
Last edited by The Absolute Madman; Jun 23 @ 3:16pm
I am using some mods from 1.32 in 1.35 with no probs at all.
re Jazzycat some of his mods make reference to fact that they are still DX9 as he cant run DX11
Dont know if it makes any difference as I'm not a fully up to speed on this kinda thing.
As to too many traffic mods I have been using all of jazzycats mods with no issues when running 1.34. Its only now I have moved (upgraded?) to 1.35 the bdf traffic doesnt appear to be working. All the rest are ok.
I have 37 mods plus about 20 workshop mods and everythiung works fine. Getting a solid 50fps (I am using 32" HD tv in 2715x1527) with graphics almost maxxed. Frames drop a bit in town but thats to be expected.
Got a lot of DX11 errors but has no effect on game at all.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 22 @ 4:48pm
Posts: 15