RPG Maker VX Ace

RPG Maker VX Ace

View Stats:
How to use a step frame?
Hi,
a male character can get knocked out in my game, however if I use a self-switch and change the graphic to the lying down one, most of the time he transforms into a different person or is in the wrong pose.
This is due to the fact that the graphic I want to use is a step frame in the walk animation and the character is walking around randomly before getting knocked down:
http://imgur.com/McCsVDZ

Is there any way to reliably use this lying down pose?
The only way I can think of is to make my own character graphic, but then it seems stupid to me they made the graphics that way in the first place.

Thank you.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Shadow Jun 8, 2014 @ 6:28pm 
Yes you can create a move route event (supports sound Fx and graphics change and stuff)
Ubiquity Jun 8, 2014 @ 7:24pm 
Alternatively, you can check "Direction Fix" and uncheck "Walking anim." and "Stepping anim." in the Options section of the event page (the event page that has the knocked out pose graphic, that is).
Last edited by Ubiquity; Jun 8, 2014 @ 7:25pm
Originally posted by Dread:
Yes you can create a move route event (supports sound Fx and graphics change and stuff)
But that doesn't solve my problem. I want a specific non-standard frame from that graphic. Using this I can at most use the poses in the center, as far as I can tell. But thanks anyway.


Originally posted by Ubiquity:
Alternatively, you can check "Direction Fix" and uncheck "Walking anim." and "Stepping anim." in the Options section of the event page (the event page that has the knocked out pose graphic, that is).
I tried that but it only works about 25% of the time. If the character gets knocked out (by a thrown rock btw) while walking into the wrong direction, his pose changes.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I think I'll just make my own custom graphics.
Shadow Jun 8, 2014 @ 7:49pm 
graphics change <----
You can move between character sets.


Set Move Route
Change Graphic
Last edited by Shadow; Jun 8, 2014 @ 7:50pm
Archeia  [developer] Jun 9, 2014 @ 5:50am 
Hey there, it's okay I was stuck on that one as well. Try playing around with this. http://puu.sh/9lM0v/d7c5ab256c.png

@pattern = id if I remember correctly, 0 is middle, 1 is left, 2 is right. Just change graphic it to the direction by turning or whatever. I am bad at explaining this <:3c
Shadow Jun 9, 2014 @ 8:26am 
Originally posted by Archeia:
Hey there, it's okay I was stuck on that one as well. Try playing around with this. http://puu.sh/9lM0v/d7c5ab256c.png

@pattern = id if I remember correctly, 0 is middle, 1 is left, 2 is right. Just change graphic it to the direction by turning or whatever. I am bad at explaining this <:3c

Very interesting!
Originally posted by Archeia:
Hey there, it's okay I was stuck on that one as well. Try playing around with this. http://puu.sh/9lM0v/d7c5ab256c.png

@pattern = id if I remember correctly, 0 is middle, 1 is left, 2 is right. Just change graphic it to the direction by turning or whatever. I am bad at explaining this <:3c
Thanks! I'll give it a try.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 8, 2014 @ 6:26pm
Posts: 7