Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer

View Stats:
what mouse settings are best ?
i usually use 2250 - 3300 DPI , is that good or too high ?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
DHR Apr 23, 2017 @ 11:36am 
Whats your mouse model? What are your in-game as well as windows sensitivity?
Mikasa Ackerman Apr 23, 2017 @ 3:36pm 
Originally posted by xDHRx:
Whats your mouse model? What are your in-game as well as windows sensitivity?

Roccat Kova ( the white one ) my windows mouse settings are in the middle of the bar and in BO2 i have 14.5 and with the Roccat software i usually use 2250 / 7000 DPI

DHR Apr 23, 2017 @ 3:45pm 
That sens is pretty high, too high I'd say. Try something like 1600 DPI and 2 in-game. Also make sure acceleration is off (in the Roccat software and in Windows).
Mikasa Ackerman Apr 23, 2017 @ 4:06pm 
Originally posted by xDHRx:
That sens is pretty high, too high I'd say. Try something like 1600 DPI and 2 in-game. Also make sure acceleration is off (in the Roccat software and in Windows).

i can actually play quite well with it , makes it easy to do 180° spins or if an enemy is above you

but i will try what you said , aiming feels a bit weird like that ( like you never have a calm aim , all you can do with my sensitivity is spray
Last edited by Mikasa Ackerman; Apr 23, 2017 @ 4:07pm
Okami Amaterasu Apr 23, 2017 @ 5:59pm 
I usually keep my sensitivity quite low for precise aiming.
Dave Apr 23, 2017 @ 8:33pm 
THe "mouse settings" noob trap.

Things that change how other peoples mouse settings feel vs other peoples settings.

- mouse
- mouse sensor
- monitor
- monitor refresh rate
- monitor resultion
- GPU
- GPU settings (buffered or not?
- Frames Per Second
- USB port polling rate (250 ? 500? 1000?)
- PS/2 port (1:1)
- Windows settings
- Mouse pad size
- Mouse pad type (cloth = precision and plastic = speed)
.......and the list can go on.

Just find what is comfortable for you. It should be slow enough so that you don't overshoot your target/ but also fast enough you can easily do a 180 on someone.
DHR Apr 24, 2017 @ 4:10am 
You forgot sensor position. But yeah I agree, it is fairly difficult to properly compare sensitivities. Still something like 25cm/360° is certainly more reasonable than 10cm/360° for most FPS.
Tuxedo' Apr 24, 2017 @ 6:39am 
Personally i don't use DPI and my sensibility in game is about 11.5
Mr. Legends Apr 24, 2017 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by Warfighter:
i usually use 2250 - 3300 DPI , is that good or too high ?

It'll do you no good to ask people for mouse settings. Everyone's muscle memory is different. Best advice is to pick a setting to start with and go from there. If you're finding that it's hard to stay on target, lower the sensitivity slightly and continue that process until you find something that works right for you.
Good luck
Autumn_ Apr 24, 2017 @ 12:34pm 
Do you use your arm, or your wrist to aim?
Mikasa Ackerman Apr 24, 2017 @ 12:35pm 
Originally posted by Garbage Game:
Do you use your arm, or your wrist to aim?
mostly wrist
Autumn_ Apr 24, 2017 @ 12:40pm 
Originally posted by Warfighter:
Originally posted by Garbage Game:
Do you use your arm, or your wrist to aim?
mostly wrist
Try this.
Make it so you can do a 180 with a flick of your wrist.
Can you track the target? No, well lower it a bit more. Then try tracking the target again.

At the moment, I have mine just over a 90-100 flick, becuase of my CS:GO.

People that use their arm don't seem to understand that low sens will not work for us. And they ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan "That's way too high", when for us it's somewhat low.
Mikasa Ackerman Apr 24, 2017 @ 12:42pm 
Originally posted by Garbage Game:
Originally posted by Warfighter:
mostly wrist
Try this.
Make it so you can do a 180 with a flick of your wrist.
Can you track the target? No, well lower it a bit more. Then try tracking the target again.

At the moment, I have mine just over a 90-100 flick, becuase of my CS:GO.

People that use their arm don't seem to understand that low sens will not work for us. And they ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan "That's way too high", when for us it's somewhat low.

in TF2 i can do a 180° with my wrist ( need that alot for Rocket jumps) but in cod its a bit harder
Autumn_ Apr 24, 2017 @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by Warfighter:
Originally posted by Garbage Game:
Try this.
Make it so you can do a 180 with a flick of your wrist.
Can you track the target? No, well lower it a bit more. Then try tracking the target again.

At the moment, I have mine just over a 90-100 flick, becuase of my CS:GO.

People that use their arm don't seem to understand that low sens will not work for us. And they ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan "That's way too high", when for us it's somewhat low.

in TF2 i can do a 180° with my wrist ( need that alot for Rocket jumps) but in cod its a bit harder
Do you have Mouse acceleration enabled?
Mikasa Ackerman Apr 24, 2017 @ 12:45pm 
Originally posted by Garbage Game:
Originally posted by Warfighter:

in TF2 i can do a 180° with my wrist ( need that alot for Rocket jumps) but in cod its a bit harder
Do you have Mouse acceleration enabled?

i think not, where can i check if i have or not ?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 23, 2017 @ 8:23am
Posts: 19