UFO2: Extraterrestrials

UFO2: Extraterrestrials

Muton May 20 @ 3:55pm
Release by June 20 2021? Place your bets
Do you think we'll see the game released by June 20 2021?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
June is Summer, not Spring.

And the news from the Devs in Facebook shows that it won´t be long anymore, esp. after the Q & A-Thing incl. Trailer and Gamplay-Look-Ins.

Or you searching for that link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvGnih0NXjU

And you can see in the Shopingsite here for UFO 2 ET, that the Translations are finished. The Game is already linked in Steam for the Whishlist. Means that the last Fixes and Tests are done / get done.

Only the Price is missing, but not for long.

Personally I think next Week or 31. May at latest.
Last edited by kingarthur772; May 21 @ 3:32am
Originally posted by kingarthur772:
June is Summer, not Spring.


Personally I think next Week or 31. May at latest.

Spring ends June 21
For a game that's been in development hell for 10+ years or so, I'll have to admit it looks exactly as expected. I'm getting this game, just for the memes. The original UFO2 ET forum page, is in fact the very first bookmarked item on my internet explorer. That's how old this meme is.
nuNo May 23 @ 3:57pm 
How big is their development team. Anyone knows? It would be awesome to know more about the development process. Why it took 10 years?
Originally posted by MotherAceNO:
For a game that's been in development hell for 10+ years or so, I'll have to admit it looks exactly as expected. I'm getting this game, just for the memes. The original UFO2 ET forum page, is in fact the very first bookmarked item on my internet explorer. That's how old this meme is.

I'm actually curious as to when the original proposed released date was. I'm thinking maybe 2013 but maybe it was even earlier?
Kal_Ryper May 23 @ 11:52pm 
UFO-ET game-play blurb started with "The year is 2025..."
Erm - are they preparing us for something?
Originally posted by Kal_Ryper:
UFO-ET game-play blurb started with "The year is 2025..."
Erm - are they preparing us for something?
Christ, I wouldn't joke about that given how long this game has been in development...
Muton May 24 @ 3:23pm 
Originally posted by Kal_Ryper:
UFO-ET game-play blurb started with "The year is 2025..."
Erm - are they preparing us for something?

putting the game on steam means that we're getting close, on the last 4 year stretch
Last edited by Muton; May 27 @ 4:18pm
Originally posted by Muton:
putting the game on steam means that we're getting close, on the last 4 year stretch
Ha! That is funny. Don't buy until you see the reviews people.
skalisko  [developer] May 28 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by Rcentrone:
Originally posted by Muton:
putting the game on steam means that we're getting close, on the last 4 year stretch
Ha! That is funny. Don't buy until you see the reviews people.

The UFO2ET will be hopefully reviewed in Wienerzeitung in German language, and hopefully in Pelit in Finnish.
skalisko  [developer] May 28 @ 2:38pm 
Originally posted by kingarthur772:
June is Summer, not Spring.

And the news from the Devs in Facebook shows that it won´t be long anymore, esp. after the Q & A-Thing incl. Trailer and Gamplay-Look-Ins.

Or you searching for that link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvGnih0NXjU

And you can see in the Shopingsite here for UFO 2 ET, that the Translations are finished. The Game is already linked in Steam for the Whishlist. Means that the last Fixes and Tests are done / get done.

Only the Price is missing, but not for long.

Personally I think next Week or 31. May at latest.

It will be in June.
skalisko  [developer] May 28 @ 2:44pm 
Originally posted by nuNo:
How big is their development team. Anyone knows? It would be awesome to know more about the development process. Why it took 10 years?

MONEY ?
JoeShmo May 30 @ 9:07pm 
When Duke Nukem Forever gets released faster than your game.

Honestly, I would not be shocked if the game gets a last minute announcement that it will be released in Fall 2021. That's pretty much how it's always been for the last 10 years. Announce Spring release, Announce Fall release same year. Announce Spring release next year. Etc. Etc. for years.

At the very least .... I would get a chuckle if the game released into Early Access in June. Would be down right hilarious.
JoeShmo:

1. The Game is in Steam-Shop, which would‘t if the Game isn’t in Final Stage for Release.

2. The Game is Full-Release, means the playable Base-Game is 100% finished in programming.

3. The announced Main-Translations are done, the fine Translations for them are in finish stage or finished.

4. Upload something is much time consuming then downloading.

Phyroks May 31 @ 9:12am 
well, I have only been waiting for some time, still remember promised launch dates being passed by 2-3 months until getting updates "oops we missed the date, here is new one 2 years later". Think it was 2012-2014 something

Not that im in hurry but hopefully its ready when its released. Did enjoy the 1st one ^^
Last edited by Phyroks; May 31 @ 9:13am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 15 30 50