This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Elder Sign: Omens
Fantasy Flight Games  [developer] Oct 8, 2013 @ 9:27am
Your multiplayer experience
What kind of multiplayer experience would you want to see in Elder Sign: Omens?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Kyur Oct 8, 2013 @ 6:17pm 
Before answering, I would like to state: Fantasy Flight Games, you're totally awesome.

First this:
Originally posted by Fantasy Flight Games:
Based on fan feedback, we are pleased to offer all of the expansion content (The Call of Cthulhu, The Trail of Ithaqua and The Dark Pharaoh) as part of one, all-inclusive edition of Elder Sign: Omens especially for Steam!

And now you are listening to the wishes of the community again, this time the multiplayer component. Just awesome.

About what kind of multiplayer experience I personally would like to see: being able to play over the internet would be great and essential to be honest, since we are all so well connected here on Steam. Local multiplay would still be great.
Being able to mix local players with internet players would be the best thing possible in my opinion.
How about a savegame feature or maybe being able to drop in/out of running game sessions ? It's possible in the board game, so why not here ?

And since I am a bit of an achievement hunter, some nifty (and possible) achievements would also be great. Of course this would still be a nice-to-have; a stable internet multiplayer option is way more important for the customers as it is for the product itself.

Keep up the good work :)
Last edited by Kyur; Oct 8, 2013 @ 6:19pm
Lothar135 Oct 9, 2013 @ 5:11am 
Online cooperative MP where players control one or more investigators. You know, just the classics.
Aikatara Oct 10, 2013 @ 1:31am 
I'd like to have a coop/multiplayer mode so that I can play it together with selected steam friends I choose - and with the option that the players controling one or more investigators. It would be like playing a boardgame together with friends on steam ;)
Last edited by Aikatara; Oct 10, 2013 @ 1:37am
hK Oct 16, 2013 @ 8:45am 
I totally agree with Kyur. Co-op, internet and plenty of achievements!
cidbadguy Oct 16, 2013 @ 10:53pm 
A lobby system for finding/arranging games. Text chat and if possible a voice/mic option. Being able to mix local and online multiplayer sounds very interesting too.

Congrats on the greenlight :D
Craven Oct 19, 2013 @ 9:15am 
pretty much all of the above, fell in love with your game's android edition and would love to see a version with online multiplayer.

- I think the option to control more than one investigator is pretty essential, not just for in-house games where you might only have 2-3 guys and don't want to wait for/invite a random extra, but also in situations where you have one player leave/disconnect, for MP to work smoothly the "leaver" characters will have to come under someone else's control.

- On the same note I feel it's probably a good idea to input some kind of optional turn time limit to prevent one person going afk and botching the game for others.

- A functional lobby system (with some chat functionality before entering games - to discuss making games and finding players) is a good start, things like drop in/drop out could be great extras but in my experience Elder Sign games don't tend to drag on so long that I feel that would be essential, ultimately I would be more interested in solid functional netcode than bells and whistles.

- Interaction. I think this is a fundamental one, if you're playing the board game or doing some sort of hotseat with a tablet you are all there to discuss it, having an integrated chat visible more or less all the time is pretty essential in my opinion, particularly if 3/4 of the time you are just going to be watching someone else's viewpoint play out. Voice chat probably non-essential, typically people use a third party program or don't bother.

- Linked into the previous point, a lot of time is going to be spent watching other people play out their turns, ensuring that what they are doing is clear to the other players, and maybe giving the other players something to do - inspect each other or look at the adventures available (maybe see achievement completion and a win record as well as in-game details) - would be nice extras.

Just bouncing a few things around really, great to see the game coming to PC!
Kaziglu Bey Oct 19, 2013 @ 9:07pm 
Is a hot-seat multiplayer option possible?
kaworu Oct 30, 2013 @ 12:41pm 
online multiplayer is must have : very often our playmates are not near us.
and btw FFG, it looks like you finaly hear my prays and had started digitizing your games !! THANK YOU!!!
pls Imperium Twilight next - i'll pay ANY money for it!!!!
Last edited by kaworu; Oct 30, 2013 @ 12:42pm
NHmerc0304 Nov 11, 2013 @ 9:22am 
I'd love to see hotseat since (not to dis everyone else here) I'll most likely be playng this with my wife at home. It's just easier than breaking out Arkham Horror all over the table, especially for two.
sulibrat Mar 23 @ 4:12pm 
Yup, multiplayer over the net is a must have nowadays. But you can still play multiplayer locally - just share some characters with other players and let them decide what adventure they want to take...
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50