The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Crimes against Nature 5.1.1
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
FancyPants  [developer] Dec 27, 2014 @ 8:47pm
General Issues/Bugs/Problems Discussion
If you find any bugs not listed here, feel free to either report it in the comments tab or post it here. If you want to discuss it at length, do so here ONLY and not in the comments tab. This should keep things a bit more tidy. I'll list all the bugs I know of, whether I can recreate them in my own game, and any possible solutions I can think of.

Currently known issues:

------------------------------
Headsize --- Solved

Description: Head sizes for a few of the races might appear smaller/larger than they're supposed to be. This might be caused by some third party race menu overhauls, or it may be caused by custom skeletons like xp32's. I'm not quite sure. At one point I thought it was the BSA compression, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Recreated?: I've never been able to recreate this problem. All of my solutions have been educated guesses.

Solution: For my custom skeletons, I've moved the scaling from 'NPC Head' to a separate bone. I haven't heard reports of this bug for a while, so it's probably fixed.

Invisibility Eye Glitch --- Unsolved

Description: After using an invisibility spell, the character's eye textures will be messed up.

Recreated?: This is an infamous bug in vanilla Skyrim. So, yeah, I had no problems recreating it.

Possible Solutions: One solution I've found is to remove 'eye environment mapping' and switch to normal env mapping. Unfortunately, this seems to screw up the specular effects. The eyes look only slightly off, but it's like that all of the time, instead of just after using the spell. For now, I've decided not to use this solution.

Pony Tails / Hip Marks Disappearnce --- Unsolved

Description: (Pony Race only) After being decapitated, your character's tail and hip marks disappear. This happens because the tails and hip marks are technically 'head parts'. I made them head parts so they could be selected and removed from the character creation screen.

Recreated?: Yes, I've been aware of this problem since putting together the race.

Possible Solutions: Converting the parts into equippable items would probably work, but I want to keep them customizable on the character screen. I don't consider it a serious problem, unless you're worried about 'immersion'. Though, if you're playing as a creepy pony creature, immersion should be the least of your concerns.

Face Texture Glitch --- Unsolved

Description: After using a timed spell with magical effects (like oakflesh), and then zooming in on your character, the face textures will be messed up.

Recreated?: I've tried several different scenarios, but I can't seem to recreate it. If this ever happens to you, please let me know below. If possible, take note of the situation when it happens, like what spells you're using, did you zoom in the camera, did you zoom in close enough to make your character fade out?

Possible Solutions: None at this time.

Random Crashes --- Solved

Description: Crashes seem to occur randomly for some users, specifically those not using custom animation files.

Recreated?: Yes, I've recreated some of the crashing during a vanilla playthrough.

Solution: It was caused by a pair of behavior files I included in the BSA. They were generated from FNIS' 'Skeleton Arm Fix' function, but as it turns out, this mod never needed it to begin with. I thought it was needed for my custom skeletons, but it's only for skeletons with custom rigs. As of version 3.6.2, they've been removed.
Last edited by FancyPants; May 3, 2015 @ 1:04pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 87 comments
FancyPants  [developer] Dec 27, 2014 @ 8:47pm 
---Reserved
Nanolfo Jan 31, 2015 @ 8:21am 
I found a mod incompatibility, Naruto jutsu (on Workshop) a.k.a. Ultimate naruto overhaul mod (on Nexus)
FancyPants  [developer] Jan 31, 2015 @ 5:13pm 
I'll need you to be more specific, what exactly is the problem?
lunchmeat Feb 13, 2015 @ 5:56pm 
Help!FancyPants,this mod wont let me download it!Everytime I try, it says Steam Error 52.What does it mean and why does it do this when i try to download the mod?
FancyPants  [developer] Feb 13, 2015 @ 7:03pm 
Sorry nelson, didn't realize you posted it here too. I'll just quote what I put in the main comments.

First, unsubscribe and try loading up your game. If it works, go to the next step, if not, then something else may be wrong.
Second, subscribe again, then load up the skyrim launcher. It may need to download the mod again, so give it a few moments. It'll probably have a message on the bottom of the launcher. When it's ready, start up the game.
Last edited by FancyPants; Feb 13, 2015 @ 7:03pm
Police Cops Mar 17, 2015 @ 12:14am 
I downloaded the loose files because i dont have skyrim on steam. And when I put all the files in and started the game, the tommy spell was there but he didnt appear, i was riding an invisible tommy. And when i'd click the races my game would crash, and their faces would be invisible in the character creator screen, yo man what do?
FancyPants  [developer] Mar 17, 2015 @ 11:59am 
Originally posted by Le ♥♥♥♥:
i dont have skyrim on steam.
There's your problem. I'm not providing support for pirated versions of the game. Go buy it.
Police Cops Mar 21, 2015 @ 6:55am 
Originally posted by FancyPants:
Originally posted by Le ♥♥♥♥:
i dont have skyrim on steam.
There's your problem. I'm not providing support for pirated versions of the game. Go buy it.
Yeah well I bought a copy for xbox, I'm not inclined to buy a second copy of the same game for another 40 or so dollars. Solved my own problem anyway.
After PCEA was unessecary I unistalled it, then when I went to make a new charicter, Hadvar, Ralof, and Ulfrick Stormcloak are blue textured dog heads while Lokir and the Imperial captain are gone, (same thing with the new game start, but the cart is upside down and we don't move.) so the archer just shoots at nothing, not letting me continue to the character creation, I also downloaded the Completly Absured mod before I started a new charicter, any help would be great.
FancyPants  [developer] Apr 5, 2015 @ 7:36am 
Blue textured heads is a symptom of missing textures. I would recommend uninstalling the mods then re-downloading.
Blue textured heads is a symptom of missing textures. I would recommend uninstalling the mods then re-downloading.
Thank you so much Fancy
Dust Guy Apr 20, 2015 @ 10:00am 
So my game crashes after the dragon in the beggining tries to burn the child,it just,turns off
FancyPants  [developer] Apr 20, 2015 @ 7:22pm 
What race did you select? Are you running any other mods that might affect the intro?
Dust Guy Apr 21, 2015 @ 11:28am 
What race did you select? Are you running any other mods that might affect the intro?
No i am not,it happened with Sanic after i died and with the Helmet guys (forgot the name) after the dragon trying to burn the child after your jump into a building through the roof (in the beggining where you're still with your hands tied) they both just crashed,the helmet guy all 3 times and with Sanic once cause i left in frustration since i had made quite a progress and my autosave was way more behind
FancyPants  [developer] Apr 21, 2015 @ 3:12pm 
Originally posted by Imitation Crab Legs:
SPOILER I have a problem in the to kill in empire quest were I talk with Ginna and I can't advance the conversation further than 'its just" I think this is because she has a quip were she talks about your race.

This is a problem for any custom race that doesn't use 'RaceCompatibility.esm'. You'll need to install the Unofficial Skyrim Patch[www.nexusmods.com], it has an alternative fix.

Originally posted by GG Espurr:
No i am not,it happened with Sanic after i died and with the Helmet guys (forgot the name) after the dragon trying to burn the child after your jump into a building through the roof (in the beggining where you're still with your hands tied) they both just crashed,the helmet guy all 3 times and with Sanic once cause i left in frustration since i had made quite a progress and my autosave was way more behind

Are you running 'Crimes Against Nature - Completely Absurd'? The cause may be related, I'm still investigating.

Edit: I think it may have to do with Lokir's body. He's given Sanic's speed boost in CaN - CA, so his body ends up in the same area where debris is generated. I haven't experienced any crashes yet though.

If you're not using this plugin, and you're still experiencing crashes, you might want to try skipping the intro entirely with Alternate Start.[www.nexusmods.com]

Ignore all that garbage above, the cause is completely unrelated. See the first page for details.
Last edited by FancyPants; May 3, 2015 @ 12:55pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 87 comments
Per page: 1530 50