This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

The Light
tetrasodium Oct 13, 2012 @ 10:03am
err... what's it about?
I think it's a story game, but I admit to being confused with no idea what this game is supposed to be about... I think maybe it's telling some kind of story, but even that I'm not sure. It's "a land without humans" evidentally, so who is the character moving around & what are they trying to accomplish? Are they an explorer from elsewhere/out of time, a survivor looking for supplies/a cure, a newly evolved (semi?)sentient being trying to unravel the mysteries behind what kind of "gods" could have created all this & where they went? so on and so forth. All of them give away nothing you wouldn't normally find on the back off a book, but set very different tones & styles to things... Maybe I'm just missing something?
Showing 1-15 of 105 comments
< >
ArchangelVain Oct 13, 2012 @ 10:28am 
As long as it isn't like Dear Esther, then it looks like it has potential.
garrickgreathouse Oct 13, 2012 @ 11:59am 
This looks well designed, but I'm not intrested in "Hey! Look at this cool abandond building I rendered: The Game"
xG:PM | ◄Crona► Oct 13, 2012 @ 5:31pm 
^now that is a game i would buy XD
xDeadP00lx Oct 14, 2012 @ 2:39pm 
Agree with Garrick!! lol....
Roman Oct 14, 2012 @ 8:00pm 
It's a show about nothing...er... I mean game.
South Paw Oct 15, 2012 @ 3:02am 
Agreeing with garrick lawl
Derpfish Oct 15, 2012 @ 2:59pm 
The new sentient thing you said is a good idea. Also garrick has a good point.

But play: "Look at this stone bridge I rendered!: The Game" before you judge this :c
[Nem] Oct 15, 2012 @ 3:16pm 
it looks like one of those puzzle type games... Like those flash games where you try to escape the room or w/e, but its just reversed? your breaking in? or atleast thats what I got from it. ADD ANOTHER VIDEO explaining this please!
BumFucker Oct 17, 2012 @ 6:51am 
Originally posted by Nem3sis:
it looks like one of those puzzle type games... Like those flash games where you try to escape the room or w/e, but its just reversed? your breaking in? or atleast thats what I got from it. ADD ANOTHER VIDEO explaining this please!
i guess it is something like that, where you have to find a way to get out of there. just a lot prettier and more complicated?
TapSkill Oct 18, 2012 @ 3:37pm 
It looks like a survival exploration game. You roam the world as the last remaining human, I'm guessing. If that is the case, I want to try it. It looks like something I would play for short periods of time, when I'm tired of all my action games.
ThatStupidSquid Oct 19, 2012 @ 2:59pm 
It looks like one of those games that try to emerse you than play with your mind... Like Amneisa or Anna but not Horror. You are wandering in a building that changes based on your actions as a player. Eventualy revealing a backstory of what happend to the building the the first place. I can imagine playing this in a dark/empty room would make you feel lonely or scared. So a first person puzzle game that emerses the player...

And we don't have enough of those.
♪ Old Redix ♪ Oct 20, 2012 @ 4:04pm 
Is F2P God Damn It! Y'all buy Dear Esther for nothing
Elder of Time Oct 22, 2012 @ 4:07pm 
^It is an atmospheric game everyone its to immerse you into a world of beauty. The story is to isolate you into another universe, to help people look at every detail in a game, and not to go for "Black Ops Zombiez Cuz I can kill ♥♥♥♥". I personally love games like this over the mainstream.
Gandalf The Teutonic Wizard Oct 24, 2012 @ 3:53am 
This game is about people.
Creator want to say that people are destroying nature.
Look how world is changed after humanity gone-In this game.
Make the Light of Wise in your Mind... Dont destroy nature...
CoolSideOfThePillow Oct 24, 2012 @ 5:22am 
I reckon they prefer to keep the gameplay a secret so that they do not spoil the experience. You pay for the mystery. Just by listening to the soundtrack I can tell this game is definitely NOT a waste of your money. I'M IN!
A demo would be helpful in helping some people get rid of their doubts tho. I would appreciate that.
Showing 1-15 of 105 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50