This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

The Light
This Dad's got the Flu Nov 30, 2012 @ 4:29pm
Something's missing...
Sure, the game looks pretty, and by the sound of it, it promises a lot of "Feels."

But what is the goal? The gameplay looks pretty quiet, the only speech I've heard yet is "It's closed..."

I would like this game to have some sort of dialogue, maybe interact with stuff, lost people maybe, I don't know..

Maybe the creator thinks the plot is so f*cking good, he wants to keep it a surprise!
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
BASED MADOKA Nov 30, 2012 @ 4:36pm 
Probably will be no goals, like Garry's Mod, and they'll put you in the map and leave you to your thoughts.
BIGAlex911 Dec 1, 2012 @ 9:44am 
that seems... Empty.
This Dad's got the Flu Dec 1, 2012 @ 6:57pm 
Well depends on the perseption of what the npc is or how close the interaction would be.
Originally posted by BIGAlex911:
that seems... Empty.
cgngreenbadass007 Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:49pm 
Originally posted by Matt Daniel:
Probably will be no goals, like Garry's Mod, and they'll put you in the map and leave you to your thoughts.

Oh please not like that.
cgngreenbadass007 Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:57pm 
Well, as long as it doesn't end as an audio book with great story no gameplay then passed on as a game.It should give us a heads up of what is about.
This Dad's got the Flu Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:48pm 
Yeah that would be very, very empty.
Originally posted by cgngreenbadass007:
Originally posted by Matt Daniel:

Oh please not like that.
Keel Dec 3, 2012 @ 7:28pm 
If nothing else, this coudl also be considered a sort of psudo tech demo example? I highly doubt that, but from the way I'm seeing the trailers and some of the gameplay, the light from the surrounding area seems to be the biggest factor in the game. Lighting the way, as some woudl say.

Of course, I'm just a random passerby, so what do I know? I just know that this looks amazingly pretty.
Caption Cork Dec 9, 2012 @ 6:42pm 

SYMBOLISM is what this needs.

Maybe little hints, will tell you what the people who were here before lived like?

Example 1: A pink room with it paint coming off, with charred walls, will symbolize a baby burning to death?.

Example 2: One room still in great condition could hint at you (the player) that theese were the people who left the last

Example 3: Some footsteps on the dusty floor, shows that the people left in a hurry?

Example 4: A rope coming out of a window? to show how the people tried to escape than just casually leaving.
This Dad's got the Flu Dec 9, 2012 @ 8:49pm 
I've seen some russian videos of other people already having access to this game somehow..
Originally posted by dynamicEyebrows(dE):
If nothing else, this coudl also be considered a sort of psudo tech demo example? I highly doubt that, but from the way I'm seeing the trailers and some of the gameplay, the light from the surrounding area seems to be the biggest factor in the game. Lighting the way, as some woudl say.

Of course, I'm just a random passerby, so what do I know? I just know that this looks amazingly pretty.
Thallus317 Dec 13, 2012 @ 11:56am 
"The Light is a first pearson game made by russian programmer Sergey Noskov. It demonstrates incredible graphics and completely optimized engine, emphasising the lighting effects and shadows. Besides its exceptional visuals, the game offers puzzle elements consisted of finding the right items, searching for clues and progressing further through vast environment satisfying one's needs for peace and serenity while providing a relaxing atmosphere."
This Dad's got the Flu Dec 13, 2012 @ 8:59pm 
But the narrator showing the video barely sound 16.
Fames Dec 14, 2012 @ 12:45pm 

That'd be interesting enough... I'd like that. Then maybe while you're thinking about it, a few clues to assert the truth arise.
Matoro16 Dec 22, 2012 @ 7:36am 
To me, it looks like a sort of puzzle game, kinda like the first Portal. Although I have no idea if there are any puzzles, I think there should be. =)
DJ Soren Dec 23, 2012 @ 4:40pm 
Maybe he is sixteen. The Russians I know tend to be really good at whatever their craft is.
Pitch Invader Dec 28, 2012 @ 10:49pm 
The trailers don't really show much, do they?

One just has camera shots of a building and the other a tiny bit of gameplay, with walking and picking up stuff. I think it'll be like Dear Esther.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50