This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Zafehouse: Diaries
happyscrub Aug 26, 2013 @ 9:16am
Any reason to modify beyond 5 stars?
I'm thinking there is either hidden stats in this game or a need polish some of the useless gameplay surrounding items.

The manual states that 5 stars is the best but some items start with 5 stars already in their basic form. These items you can modify to be better in whatever they have 5 stars in already, but the end result is still a 5 star item.

Example would be a mop (cleaning) or flashlight (searching). Both are already 5 stars but have the option to make them better (sparking mop, glowing flashlight).

The modifying doesn't raises the stars, so is it a useless modification or does it actually get better in some hidden stat?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Dichotomy Aug 27, 2013 @ 11:21am 
I am guesssing that it is capped at 5 stars. The coders likely have not put in a sanity check to invalidate 5 star items being modified. Thats my rationalisation anyway :)
Screwfly Studios  [developer] Aug 28, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
Hello - the star ratings are abstractions so you *could* get a minor benefit, but it wouldn't be very significant.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50