This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Kingdom Rush
hairyskary Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:43pm
Kingdom Rush Beta Log (tpicht)
I've only played the first few levels so far, but here's what I've noticed:

- Playing in full screen, non-windowed resolution with the highest graphics level - The Goblins and Orcs on the first and second levels came out as solid black rectangles. However, the Wulfs appeared normal. I restarted the game in a windowed format, and the Goblins and Orcs appeared normal. Not sure what happened.

- I've noticed, as others have mentioned, that the loading bar on the load screen seems to finish way before it's actually done loading.

- The game has frozen once on the loading screen after completing the Iron Challenge of the first level.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
hairyskary Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:57pm 
- Not a huge issue for me, but I've also noticed that the Music and Sound Effects volumes are not saved after exiting the game.

- Just an observation - the windowed screen modes seem to run a little more smoothly than full-screen.
The Alpha and Omega Dec 5, 2013 @ 6:23pm 
Originally posted by hairyskary:
I've noticed, as others have mentioned, that the loading bar on the load screen seems to finish way before it's actually done loading.

I've seen this as well. Rather than fix the loading bar, I say speed up loading time to match the speed of the bar! :)
hairyskary Dec 5, 2013 @ 9:09pm 
Two more quick notes.

- The game doesn't recognize keyboard input from the number pad on desktop keyboards. I tried using the '1' and '2' keys on the right-hand number pad, and it didn't work. Not a huge issue for me personally, since I'd also be playing on a laptop, but some users may use this option.

- The game runs more slowly on OS X than on Windows 7 in both windowed and full screen modes. I'm not sure why. Though on further inspection, it appears that it's only running slower on the stage selection/Hero selection/Upgrade screens.
hairyskary Dec 6, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
- When the music and sound effects volumes are at the lowest, there is still a second or music that plays at the beginning of the level and when going back to the stage select screen.

- The background music cuts out for a second before it loops.

- There is a clipping sound at the end of each of the Hero soundbites that play when you change their rally point.

- When the game is paused, it's still possible to select things on the map. For example, I had the game paused, and it allowed me to advance the next wave, so that it started right when I unpaused the game. This could be frustrating if somebody does it by accident at the start of a level before they've built any towers.

- Consider adding a confirmation when somebody clicks on "Quit" or "Restart" during a level. I remember accidentally clicking those on occasion on the browser version of the game and being frustrated when I had to restart the level when I was on the last wave.

- During the battle with J.T. at Stormcloud Temple, one of my mage towers on the upper path disappeared. I was still able to click on it, but the graphic for it went away.

- Also during the battle with J.T., I morphed a Yeti into a sheep and lowered its life to 0, but it never "died" and remained running in place.

- For the stage select map: Consider changing to a draggable map instead of an auto-scrolling map for windowed views.
hairyskary Dec 10, 2013 @ 6:00am 
- Playing in windowed mode, the Next Wave icons in Forsaken Valley are all off center after at least wave 4.

- The level 3 Barracks upgrade "Knights Barracks" shows their attack as being "6 10" when hovering over the upgrade button, instead of "6-10"
bolin  [developer] Dec 10, 2013 @ 10:27am 
Originally posted by hairyskary:
- Playing in windowed mode, the Next Wave icons in Forsaken Valley are all off center after at least wave 4.

These are their normal positions.
hairyskary Dec 19, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
I was looking over the Encyclopedia.

- The page on the Sorcerer Mage says, "Sorcerers handle forces that are close to darkness, weaving spells that temporarly lower enemy armor and deal damage." 'Temporarly' should be 'temporarily'.

- On the Demon Imp card, "Mischievous" is misspelled.

- The respawn time on the Barbarian Hall card does not have the letter "s" after it like the others do.
hairyskary Dec 22, 2013 @ 12:07am 
GAME-BREAKING BUG ON THE MAC VERSION!!

- On the level The Citadel, the Golem Heads that the boss shoots out aren't being targeted by any of the towers, knights, or heroes and are able to just walk through. I don't know what could be causing this bug. I've encountered it on two different save slots, using different heroes and different tower locations on the level.
hairyskary Dec 22, 2013 @ 12:12am 
- I've also discovered that, at least on my MacBook Pro (Mid-2009 running OS X Mavericks), the world map/achievements/hero room/upgrades/encyclopedia screens run slowly on every resolution higher than 1024 x 768. Maybe it has something to do with that resolution not displaying the entire map at one time.
hairyskary Dec 22, 2013 @ 11:51am 
As a bypass to the Citadel glitch, I copied my save slot from the Windows version to my Mac.

- I was playing 'Ruins of Acaroth' with Elona, and she would attack and target enemies with her ranged attacks and special ice attacks. HOWEVER, she would not target or attack enemies with melee attacks, and enemies would not attack her. They would walk right by her. (Edit: this seemed to only happen during early waves of enemies. During the boss fight, she started melee attacking enemies.)

- Also, in 'Ruins of Acaroth,' the Forest Troll stood attacking one of my Golems, but the Golem did not lose any health. The Golem would lose health from other enemies, however.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50