Ce jeu est maintenant disponible sur Steam !

Merci d'avoir aidé ce jeu à être distribué sur Steam. De plus amples informations ainsi qu'un lien vers la page du magasin Steam sont disponibles ci-dessous.

Blockland
Darkhog 2 fév 2013 à 16h45
Can other people in multiplayer view custom faces/decals?
On my blockhead character I have custom face and decal. Will people in Multiplayer be able to see it when I join server?
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 46
< >
403 Forbidden Access 2 fév 2013 à 22h02 
No.
[WDZ]e-maxx the sheep [WestMo] 3 fév 2013 à 7h31 
only if they have it downloaded too
dargereldren 3 fév 2013 à 10h38 
Only if they have it as well.
justin.koltin 3 fév 2013 à 20h29 
yes
Mold 4 fév 2013 à 9h36 
justin.koltin a écrit :
yes
no
Only if they do also have it

Imagine everyone would have to download 1.9 million decals just because some blockhead has them so they are able to see them

Also I can't understand the fame for decals/faces/hats at all.
Who cares how your character looks in the detail?
That's right!
Noone!
Darkhog 4 fév 2013 à 11h18 
I care. Also it is easier for dyslectic people to tell difference between players just by looking at them. Also, machinima.

By the way, Minecraft does it all the time for skins and somewhat no one complains.
justin.koltin 4 fév 2013 à 15h39 
i on it
Brick Wall 7 fév 2013 à 18h00 
no, unless they have the decal add-on too.
i wish we could see the decals, though!
Darkhog 7 fév 2013 à 18h31 
Stenlington, well from programming side it should be easy to implement. At join time game client sends to server image used for face and decal (not image name, actual image), then server sends that image to all people on server. With current 20mbit+ net connections it shouldn't be network issue at all. Moreover since Minecraft does this all the time for skins, it has been proven that such thing is lag-free (there may be slight lag when joining server as people's faces/decals are being downloaded but that is).

Unfortunately though, it can't be done as addon. Badspot would have to implement it into game's core.
justin.koltin 7 fév 2013 à 18h43 
yes you can see them
Mold 8 fév 2013 à 5h08 
justin.koltin a écrit :
yes you can see them

Do you even read

Darkhog a écrit :
Stenlington, well from programming side it should be easy to implement. At join time game client sends to server image used for face and decal (not image name, actual image), then server sends that image to all people on server. With current 20mbit+ net connections it shouldn't be network issue at all. Moreover since Minecraft does this all the time for skins, it has been proven that such thing is lag-free (there may be slight lag when joining server as people's faces/decals are being downloaded but that is).

Unfortunately though, it can't be done as addon. Badspot would have to implement it into game's core.
As long as it's impossible to change the decal once in the server that'd work.
Darkhog 8 fév 2013 à 6h04 
Well, in case of changing decal, process may be repeated.
Mold 8 fév 2013 à 10h44 
Darkhog a écrit :
Well, in case of changing decal, process may be repeated.
*makes script to rapidly change decal
*everyone on the server is now downloading 50000 files
Darkhog 8 fév 2013 à 12h41 
Well, you can do same with minecraft skins, just make script in Python or Ruby that will upload new skin to your MC account.

Also I am sure such abusers would be quickly found and banned.

Not to mention that even with Blockland easy add-on system such script is outside of average troll's skill level.
Mold 9 fév 2013 à 5h04 
I doubt badspot has any interest in implementing something to transfer something as useless as decals.
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 46
< >
Par page : 15 30 50