This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Blockland
Super Vario Jan 14, 2013 @ 2:20pm
Steam Workshop Support for Addons?
If Blockland ever gets greenlit, do you think it could use the Steam Workshop to subscribe and download addons, saves, and all that other fine jazz?

I think it could be very useful.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
The Resonte! Jan 15, 2013 @ 3:06pm 
There's already a discussion topic on this.
In this case, my answer was
"We have RTB"
Rtb is incredibly similar to Workshop, except it's for Blockland.
Mr.Quack Feb 1, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
maby you have to install it like you do in Gmod back then. (installing it off RTB/forum and putting it into addons folder in "steamapps"
Last edited by Mr.Quack; Feb 1, 2013 @ 3:10pm
Goldstein Feb 12, 2013 @ 3:50pm 
Badspot is too lazy to implement this. I've watched this game and at least played it once in a while for about five years now. Badspot has become lazy and angry and doesn't want to add anything new to the game.

He won't even port it to Linux when Windows is quite obviously dying.
The Resonte! Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:03pm 
Originally posted by Counter:
Badspot has become lazy and angry and doesn't want to add anything new to the game.

Well, over the course of some months,(August to now) he added shadows and shaders, gamemodes, sports balls (Dodgeballs, soccerballs, footballs, basketballs), New doors, halloween treats (Skull bricks) A speedkart gamemode, a Rampage gamemode, and apparently has this AI bot's thing in his server.
Fresh hot new things.
Darkhog Feb 13, 2013 @ 3:38am 
I think workshop would be great for Blockland. While reading BL forums I've noticed many great addons that weren't accepted by RTB people, like elevator addon. Workshop could help that. Also, there's no way you can do malicious addon (plus if you can, that kind of addon will be deleted of workshop when it'll show what it does anyway).
The Resonte! Feb 13, 2013 @ 4:39am 
Originally posted by Darkhog:
While reading BL forums I've noticed many great addons that weren't accepted by RTB people,
Addons have to get accepted into RTB first.
They also apparently check the code of ze addon incase of any Back doors (Something the creator of the mod can do to get an advantage) This makes it so all the addons there are actually good. Don't get me wrong, there's still great addons elsewhere.
ALSO

Originally posted by Mold:
Workshop is really confusing if you want to find something, steam servers tend to overload, not respond at all or be super slow, I would say RTB is far better for the needs of blockland.

Also everyone can upload garbage to workshop without approval (Is this correct?), another case where RTB is better since add-ons must get approved before being distributed
Last edited by The Resonte!; Feb 13, 2013 @ 4:42am
Darkhog Feb 13, 2013 @ 4:50am 
Actually, more addons, better. Even if it is just 1 brick addon. Also, as I said there are virtually no way to make malicious addon. And even if it is, addon will be removed from workshop once it is detected.
The Resonte! Feb 13, 2013 @ 12:11pm 
Actually, more addons, better. Even if it is just 1 brick addon. Also, as I said there are virtually no way to make malicious addon. And even if it is, addon will be removed from workshop once it is detected.
But there's still the chance of someone downloading a malicious add on BEFORE it was removed, with RTB, it examines the addon before putting it on. Even then, Backdoor addon's (Addons with secret features for the creator to get advantages, like instant admin) are a pain, and addons have been fail-binned for spamming the console, slowing the game, and being very abusable.
Mold Feb 13, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
While reading BL forums I've noticed many great addons that weren't accepted by RTB people.
It could also be that the creator of the add-on didn't submit it to RTB.

You can make an add-on that will delete all of your blockland files and it's just one line of code.
It's (kinda) easy to make good add-ons if you know what you are doing, but it's alot more easy to make bad add-ons. Other people expecting the add-on to be good download it, and finally notice that it's bad after it has already done massive crap.

Having trusted moderators review the add-on before it is handed out to the community is extremely important. Scripts in blockland have FAR more access than i.e. scripts in roblox.
Last edited by Mold; Feb 13, 2013 @ 12:40pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50