This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Blockland
WillWill56 Dec 14, 2012 @ 6:09pm
Undecided.
I'm a little unsure as to whether this game should be green-lit.

For a game that basically allows you to play with Lego, an innocent little kids toy, the players in the community are extremely rude, arrogant, vulgar, and immature.

Whenever there's a dispute (which is most of the time), players get out their BL_ID (that number that tells you when they bought the game) and wave it around like it's their ♥♥♥♥ size, only smaller is better. No-one ever does this on e.g. Minecraft; it seems limited to the Blockland community.

On servers that run mini-games where you need to earn money/resources to build, there are constantly players who will abuse the game in some way to get large amounts of money/resources. They seem to do this purely to show off (or, wave their "hacking skills" around like their ♥♥♥♥ size, hint hint), for the simple reason that if they really wanted to build or play around without being limited by money or resources, they could just leave and join a normal server, or make their own server.

I'm not saying that everyone who plays Blockland behaves like this, I've befriended a few players that have low BL_IDs and don't boast about it all the time, but an alarming number of people in the online community match this stereotype in some way.

In my experience, the only time I can enjoy myself is when I play on my own server. I can do what I want without fear of a kick or ban for some immature reason, and I can kick/ban people who actually misbehave. I favour a zero tolerance policy; first offence is a kick, if you come back, ignore the warning and do the same thing then you deserve a permanent ban.

I've voted Yes for now, I guess I'll just have to see how it turns out.
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
Turtleey Dec 14, 2012 @ 11:34pm 
CSS has an even worse community, but it's one of Steam's best sellers. Self-gloating idiots in a game community shouldn't be a reason to try and cripple the game. If you don't like immature people kicking or banning you, then don't play on servers where the host is a jackass.

Just play it with a friend or singleplayer if you want to build and have fun.
WillWill56 Dec 15, 2012 @ 2:19am 
Originally posted by Saint Turtleey:
If you don't like immature people kicking or banning you, then don't play on servers where the host is a jackass.

Just play it with a friend or singleplayer if you want to build and have fun.

Like I said, I enjoy Blockland when I play it like that, with my friends, or on my own server where I can ban as I please. That's why I still gave it a Yes.
The Resonte! Dec 15, 2012 @ 6:13am 
Originally posted by Saint Turtleey:
If you don't like immature people kicking or banning you, then don't play on servers where the host is a jackass.
Victim Blaming?
Noobfox Dec 16, 2012 @ 9:38am 
Nicer folk are harder to come by, but maybe being on steam would draw the attention of the *less annoying minecraft crowd
Mango Dec 16, 2012 @ 11:38am 
Host your own server or play Single player. Or, better yet. Don't play with dumb parts of the Community. I have found 60-70 servers that are amazing in Community, they're nice and they don't cheat. I suggest playing on servers that aren't "FAMIY RP" or "adult content rp".

beachbum111111 Dec 16, 2012 @ 1:15pm 
We need the game greenlit so the flood of decent players will drown out the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Rykuta² Dec 16, 2012 @ 1:46pm 
The community has aquired a lot of fallout from Roblox, resulting in a larg quantity of, less than proper players.
NobleNeon Dec 16, 2012 @ 2:29pm 
I have to disagree. You can't rate a game based on it's community, because it's just people who play the game. Every game has jerks, but it just so happens that on games like Minecraft there are millions of other players that drown out the jerks.
GWT Dec 18, 2012 @ 7:15am 
if you can only enjoy blcokland on your own server your either a loner or a ♥♥♥♥♥
RemberBL Dec 18, 2012 @ 12:13pm 
Originally posted by GWT:
if you can only enjoy blcokland on your own server your either a loner or a ♥♥♥♥♥

Great example. Yay.
WillWill56 Dec 20, 2012 @ 12:33am 
Originally posted by NobleNeon:
I have to disagree. You can't rate a game based on it's community, because it's just people who play the game. Every game has jerks, but it just so happens that on games like Minecraft there are millions of other players that drown out the jerks.

In that case, I look forward to Blockland being greenlit. Let's drown out the jerks!
Professor Oak Dec 20, 2012 @ 4:16am 
Well, I've bought this game like 2 years ago, and it was... well a lot of fun. There wasn't that much immature people back then.(Not saying everybody is immature.) Nowadays, I go visit a server, follow the server rules, and (say for example, grapple knifing) killing someone easily causes them to rage, which annoys me. I did vote yes for Blockland, but I'm not sure how it'll go. Just sayin.
Greek2me Dec 20, 2012 @ 2:38pm 
You guys must be going on the wrong servers, because I don't run into this very often.
GWT Dec 20, 2012 @ 7:58pm 
Originally posted by Greek2me:
You guys must be going on the wrong servers, because I don't run into this very often.
well i can just troll trolls is they troll me
mrJirue Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:25pm 
I usually host my own servers or play on trusted friends servers and I rarely run into this problem. You just gotta find the right hosts who don't suck is all. They're hard to come by sometimes but hey, thats still not a propor example of what Blockland is. Blocklands a great game and if it is gonna fail to be greenlit because of the community I'd be very disappointed.
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50