This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

ASA: A Space Adventure
Saberwolf Mar 18, 2013 @ 3:03am
ASA: A Space Adventure Review
Hi folks, I just wanted to share my review of the game, here:

http://www.dadsgamingaddiction.com/asa-a-space-adventure/

Thanks!
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
The icehouse  [developer] Mar 18, 2013 @ 4:46am 
Hey Saberwolf,
that's a great review !! For those who are too lazy to click on your link, you could have said that you rated ASA 7/10, which is not bad at all !!!

Thanks. I think you said exactly what can be said : the game is good for people who like Myst games, but there are many issues to solve before you can really enjoy it...

If you allow me to give some details in regards to your article :

"I highly recommend checking out the readme, as some of the game’s primary functions aren’t explained in-game. As an example, I had a heck of a time figuring out how to save my progress. "
--> In fact, it IS explained in-game : when you click on "new game", MAID gives some explanations, and this is one of them.

"Out of the hundreds of games I’ve reviewed, this is the first to utilize Adventure Maker as an engine. I can’t be certain if the problem lies with the coding and programming of the game itself or if the game is simply limited by the Adventure Maker software."
--> I believe that all the issues that are left in ASA are due to Adventure Maker. Though it's a great soft (easy to use), it has a lot of limitations and weird problems. I know that its creator is preparing new updates on my request, and I hope they will come soon.

" Judging by the content of that walkthru, there’s plenty of gameplay there to warrant the game’s price tag of $11.99."
--> $11.99 is on Desura (it is an up to date version), but you can also get the full game for $8 on the homepage aspaceadventure.fr and make the updates yourself, which shouldn't take a lot of time ;)
You can also try to win the game with the contest opened until April the 15th of 2013 :)
http://www.desura.com/games/asa-a-space-adventure/news/asa-contest
Saberwolf Mar 18, 2013 @ 4:56am 
Thanks for the correction on the first part regarding the save game instructions, I must have missed that. I went ahead and adjusted the article a bit so as not to mislead anyone.

Thanks for your patience and for sending the game, it's appreciated! :)
The icehouse  [developer] Mar 18, 2013 @ 6:25am 
:) You can count on me to send you my next games too ! ... if I don't forget lol
The icehouse  [developer] Mar 19, 2013 @ 2:54am 
Decided to list all review of ASA in a same article :
http://www.desura.com/games/asa-a-space-adventure/news/asa-reviews-list
Saberwolf Mar 19, 2013 @ 12:19pm 
Thanks Simon!
TheSneak Aug 28, 2013 @ 10:33am 
I did enjoy the Myst games, and I am a big fan of artwork intense games where the music and scapes are what create the reality. Whith the space adveture theme, I think the originality is it's greatest selling point, and also I think that even those without mega high end machines can enjoy the full artistic values without melting the GPU. I'll keep an eye on this. God bless the indies.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50