This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

The Stanley Parable
Computer Oct 28, 2012 @ 2:38pm
Please don't add "HD Remix" to the game's title
The game's title right now sounds like a reboot to it's original. I assume it is, but I wouldn't add "HD Remix" to Dear Esther. It just won't sound right. Maybe rename the mod "The Stanley Parable Mod"?

If you guys do it, I will literally buy each of you guys "Secret of the Magic Crystals" (http://store.steampowered.com/app/45100/) on Steam.
Last edited by Computer; Oct 28, 2012 @ 2:45pm
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Vaikaedin Oct 30, 2012 @ 1:34am 
Maybe you should name it "The Stanley Parable: Complete" because "HD Remix" just sounds like you added fancy graphics to an old game, but changed none of the content.
DariusRaider Oct 30, 2012 @ 1:41am 
I´d prefer "The Stanley Parable: totally like the mod but more expensive", but that is just me.
STAN Oct 30, 2012 @ 6:46am 
Well on the logo screen to the right we can see the stanley parable and that only. maybe he just call it remix so we don't think it's the same mod just on greenlight i don't know. but i like the nam. the Stanley parable
Cakebread  [developer] Oct 30, 2012 @ 7:14am 
No don't worry, when it releases we're just going to call it The Stanley Parable. The whole HD Remix thing is just for marketing purposes right now to differentiate it from the original.
Computer Oct 30, 2012 @ 6:19pm 
Originally posted by Cakebread:
No don't worry, when it releases we're just going to call it The Stanley Parable. The whole HD Remix thing is just for marketing purposes right now to differentiate it from the original.
So even if I don't give you "Secret of the Magic Crystals", you'll still do it?
Jewish Overlord Oct 30, 2012 @ 9:59pm 
The Stanly Parable: Rebirth
luukschagen Oct 31, 2012 @ 1:19pm 
the Raphael Parable!!!

Sounds good doesn't it?

Just as an honour to Raphael, great master of non-linear, narrative, choice driven, emotion evoking, logical and non-frustrating game design.
TJF588 Oct 31, 2012 @ 6:26pm 
I would love Raphael Parable DLC on April Fools'.
Bazooka Alan Nov 2, 2012 @ 12:36am 
Who is this, "Raphael"?
Manu Militari Nov 3, 2012 @ 4:48am 
Originally posted by President of the United Wake:
Who is this, "Raphael"?

Raphael is a cake.
Manu Militari Nov 3, 2012 @ 4:49am 
Originally posted by FABULOUS SECRET POWERS:
Maybe you should name it "The Stanley Parable: Complete" because "HD Remix" just sounds like you added fancy graphics to an old game, but changed none of the content.

Agreed. Unless you just added fancy graphics. But Stanley would not be happy, or that would puzzle him quite a bit.
Kasten Von Kätzchen Nov 3, 2012 @ 5:58pm 
In complete ignorance of Cakebread's comment: The Stanley Exemplum
Hiyu, Enjoyer of Coffees  [developer] Nov 8, 2012 @ 11:27pm 
Originally posted by Pax:
Agreed. Unless you just added fancy graphics. But Stanley would not be happy, or that would puzzle him quite a bit.
Pax, you're missing the point. Stanley is always happy.
Hideous  [developer] Nov 9, 2012 @ 10:25am 
Originally posted by Computer:
If you guys do it, I will literally buy each of you guys "Secret of the Magic Crystals" (http://store.steampowered.com/app/45100/) on Steam.

Oh god. Please don't. :D
Kaworu Nov 23, 2012 @ 2:26am 
Personally, I think that "HD Remix" is quite an interesting title. It has a remix (song) feeling to it and once it is understood that the game sprouts from a mod things fall into place quite right :) I wouldn't change the title.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50