This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

The Stanley Parable
Dr. SodlidDesu Bringus Oct 8, 2012 @ 7:00am
I'm so damn intrigued.
I hadn't heard about the original, but after seeing this, I'm just hooked to the idea.
I've been told nothing. I've been given a few pretty pictures. I saw an existenal conversation that skirted the issue of what this damn game is.

And I want it. I'm tired of the tried and true "give away the plot in the trailer and hope people still pay for it" so basically a game that just told me to sod off about all that and just expect me to pay attention to it... Worked.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
AniCator Oct 8, 2012 @ 11:31am 
Marketing!
FADING ECHOES Oct 14, 2012 @ 11:42am 
and bada$$ery
tgr Oct 15, 2012 @ 3:45pm 
Peter Molyneux style.
dharma_logos Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:55pm 
Amazing marketing. It sucked me in.
WeaselBiggs Oct 15, 2012 @ 5:44pm 
Originally posted by samorost:
Peter Molyneux style.

Oh, no. This is tons more efficient than anything Molyneux could ever put together. Peter Molyneux would've trolled us about his version of The Stanley Parable being a game-changer, something that's going to blow our minds and rock our very souls.

What we're seeing here is someone going "This is the broad, philosophical topic our game will cover. Seeing as our game deals with issues of choice and narrative structure, showing you anything story or mechanics-related would defeat the purpose of the game. Ergo, we'll make no promises and instead choose to riff on those who played the first game and didn't get the point of it at all."

This is tons more effective and much less hypocritical. Congrats, Cakebread. You've created an enigmatic little package that seriously begs to be opened and explored. As this is what I liked about The Stanley Parable - being given a main story on the surface level, along with the means to mess with it. There's obvious limitations thanks to level design considerations; but I felt pretty much free within the limits of the game. Free to get Stanley killed, to set his path straight or to see just how far astray I could push him.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50