This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Sunshine & Rainbows Jan 15, 2013 @ 6:54pm
Is this still a possibility?
I haven't heard anything lately. I want to give this game a spin, but I don't have a smart phone or DSi/3DS.
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
< >
Rurounin Jan 16, 2013 @ 2:42am 
I have faith that this will happen, i am sad to see it didn't make the latest batch though.
Last edited by Rurounin; Jan 17, 2013 @ 7:03am
Sunshine & Rainbows Jan 16, 2013 @ 7:25pm 
Hm. I hope there's a playable demo. After one too many bad purchases, I need a taste or two before making a commitnment, especially if this game is going to cost about $15, which I susupect it will. Ah, the price of not owning a smart phone.
MetalKnick Jan 19, 2013 @ 9:17pm 
If you're knowledgeable of Game Boy emulators, you can always try out the original Shantae for the Game Boy Color to see what it's all about.
Sunshine & Rainbows Jan 19, 2013 @ 11:55pm 
I actually have the original Game Boy Color game. I've heard that the difficulty in Risky Revenge is a little lower, which I hope is true because I'm at a part in the game where I can't even get back to town because I keep getting killed.
MetalKnick Jan 20, 2013 @ 8:50am 
You have the cartridge?? You're sitting on gold, my friend. Those are as rare as it gets. The difficulty is a bit lower I think. It's still hard though.
Sunshine & Rainbows Jan 21, 2013 @ 7:30pm 
I don't know about it being gold, as the box has been cut in sections to save space. I also don't know where the instructions are. I originally bought the game because I'm a guy who likes to play as gals (though I have yet to buy Mirror's Edge).
Neon Jan 29, 2013 @ 11:35am 
Sure there is. You have to let other people know about it though and tell them to vote. You really can't just sit back and wait for something you want to happen. I've had several friends of mine vote for it.
Wallet Inspector Feb 20, 2013 @ 4:50pm 
The original Shantae was one of the best games for Game Boy Color, and if sequel is anything like it, it is worth the $15. Even at that price we'd probably see it discounted on Steam Sales.
hadrianofthedead Mar 15, 2013 @ 9:16am 
Well I was bidding for a cartridge only copyand it went up to £75! It's pretty saught after in any official form.

I've had this for eShop and it's excellent but I would happily buy it again so I can play it on a larger screen, especially if they put effort into "HDing" it up.
Last edited by hadrianofthedead; Mar 15, 2013 @ 9:17am
Melodia Mar 16, 2013 @ 1:23pm 
I'd rather pay $15 for Steam than $12 on 3DS.
Let's hope they actually have it ported and are just waiting for the 'green light'....
Last edited by Melodia; Mar 16, 2013 @ 1:24pm
Syragar Mar 19, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
I have this on the 3DS. It's very similar to the original game, but (if my memory of the original is correct) it is quite a bit easier. I played through the original (more than once), but it's been years ago. Sadly, I don't know what happened to the cartridge (which I know is worth a lot right now)... and I'm sure I no longer have the box and instructions.

If you liked the original, but thought it was a bit too hard, you'll probably like this game. They are short games, but they are a lot of fun.
Sunshine & Rainbows Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:20pm 
Don't feel too bad, Syragar. I just found out Arkista's Ring is somewhat of a rarity and I can't find my cartridge of that game either.
B͜lk͝_̢Ma̷ge͟_̷Ct͝ypȩ Mar 31, 2013 @ 4:11pm 
I'm surprised that this hasn't been greenlit yet.
smoothshadow Apr 1, 2013 @ 3:22pm 
I wonder if there is anything we can do to get this game out sooner. The support is here and the negativity is low but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I wonder what this game is missing exactly.
Sunshine & Rainbows Apr 1, 2013 @ 7:22pm 
Can we drop this already?! I'm sick of all the troll replies!
Last edited by Sunshine & Rainbows; May 22, 2013 @ 2:01pm
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50