This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Cradle
TsaebehT Nov 9, 2012 @ 8:23am
3D Vision/AMD HD3D/Stereoscopic 3D (& Controller) Support?
I have to say this game looks absolutely incredible, I didn't have to think twice about greenlighting it. It would be a shame if the game didn't display properly in stereoscopic 3D. It looks like the type of game you should just kick back and relax and soak all the atmosphere up in, I would definitely want to play this in 3D Vision ... now ... and possibly the Occulus Rift in the future.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Flying Cafe for Semianimals  [developer] Nov 19, 2012 @ 11:39pm 
Hi Tsaebeht,

Thanks for your support of the game, appreciated! As of now, we do not have support of 3D Vision in the game, but we'll consider the adaptation when time permits.
soaringraku Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:52pm 
I also use 3d Vision, and would love to see Cradle support it. :o)
Tomoko Kuroki Jan 2, 2013 @ 2:36pm 
I use HD3D myself and would love to see support for it.
Last edited by Tomoko Kuroki; Jan 2, 2013 @ 2:36pm
s.b.Newsom Jan 3, 2013 @ 12:01am 
Honestly, I'd prefer Oculus Rift support as primary 3d. That will offer a better selling point than traditional 3d which you can get with any game if you have up to date graphics card drivers.
TsaebehT Jan 3, 2013 @ 11:00am 
I'd imagine for a game's effects, pixel and vertex shaders, to display properly on an Oculus Rift they would first have to display properly in stereoscopic 3D, as there are still 2 separate viewpoints with both technologies.

I wish all it took was up to date graphics drivers for games to display properly in 3D, but unfortunately it's not that simple. People like Helix and Eqzitara, both here and, over at http://helixmod.blogspot.com/ have been working hard trying to fix games after they've been released and there's only so much they can do.

3D, whether S3D or Oculus, should really be addressed during the development process and if it is then it will be a selling point. Personally I do most of my gaming with 3D glasses on, I love the tech. Currently I'm playing Skyrim and it's phenomenal in 3D but it's no thanks to Bethesda that it is, it's thanks to a community that fixed it. [helixmod.blogspot.com] There's other games, such as Bioshock, that either haven't been fixed or for some reason or other can't be fixed after development. Other games like Trine 2 and Avatar fully support the tech with 3D options within the game itself. Anyway, my point is I'm much more cautious, as are others, about buying games now. If I know a game will work properly in 3D it becomes more of an impulse buy, but if it doesn't it becomes more of a waiting game to see if it's fixed or not. I want to play polygon games in S3D, just like when the Rift comes out I'll most likely want to play FPP games on that and if a game like this one already displays properly in S3D then I'd imagine it's one step closer to working on the Rift.

@Flying Cafe for Semianimals
I'm sure you could get the community to help you beta test the S3D aspects of your game, HD3D, TriDef, iZ3D, and 3D Vision users like myself.
RUSSIANPLAYER Jan 18, 2013 @ 12:29am 
Gamepad (Xinput) support?
Palidore Apr 1, 2013 @ 5:09am 
Late to the party, but I have to agree that Oculus Rift support would be amazing. It's such a natural fit for a game like this.

From a purely business perspective, I see there as being a lot of incentive for indie developers especially. Come 2014 when the consumer version of the Rift presumably launches, it's going to be a largely unsaturated market with thousands of eager gamers looking for new games to experience on their shiny new Rift.

It's definitely an opportunity to consider.
Last edited by Palidore; Apr 1, 2013 @ 5:10am
Le0 Jun 2, 2013 @ 3:07pm 
I concur with the above on oculus rift.
Can be added at a later date with a patch, if it requires a big effort.
TsaebehT Jun 3, 2013 @ 9:10am 
Originally posted by TsaebehT:
There's other games, such as Bioshock, that either haven't been fixed or for some reason or other can't be fixed after development
It has since been fixed by mana84/HeliX using the HeliX Mod.
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/02/bioshock.html

@Flying Cafe for Semianimals
Since some games just work well, and or only need minor adjustments and others (some DX9 games) can be fixed [by the community] why not let a 3D gaming website such as http://www.3dsolutiongaming.com/ preview Cradle? You can get feedback on how the game runs in 3D as well as possible suggestions to fix any undesirable effects and or elements, and you'll even get even more coverage for the game.
WormSlayer Jul 16, 2013 @ 7:00pm 
It's also worth pointing out that Unigine, the engine this game is built on, now supports the Rift natively. I can guarantee at least one sale to me if you add Rift support. Please don't half-heartedly tack it on at the end of development though, it could enhance a game like this so much, I'm surprised you are not already working on it!
TsaebehT Jul 16, 2013 @ 8:02pm 
Unigine? That could be great news, the Unigine Heaven Benchmark works absolutely flawlessly with NVIDIA 3D Vision. :)
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50