Este jogo está agora disponível no Steam!

Agradecemos a tua ajuda em selecionar este jogo para ser distribuído pelo Steam. Mais informações, incluindo um link para a página na loja Steam, podem ser encontradas abaixo.

Guncraft
Darknuke  [autor] 25 Set, 2012 às 8:24
Developer Q&A
Hey,

I'll be answering any questions you have about Guncraft. Post them here and I'll update the OP with a list of all the questions and answers.

I will start off with a few quick ones...

Is the game free to play?
It will be free to play until the game is released, then it will be $15.

When will the game be released?
Hopefully before the end of the year. We don't have an exact date yet.

Will it be coming to Mac/Linux?
It will once MonoGame finishes porting their engine. Until then, we don't support those platforms. Sorry.

How many players will the game have? 64? 32?
We wish we could support 32-64 players, but with all the stuff we have going on (destruction, construction, vehicles, shooting, etc...) we can't do it. Right now we support 16 players. Perhaps as time goes on, we'll optimize more to be able to support bigger matches.

Is everything in the game destructible? And can any weapon cause destruction?
Yes, the game is 100% destructible (though we do have options to turn off destruction as well as place indestructible blocks). All weapons can blow up blocks, including pistols, rifles, explosives, and vehicles.

WIll there be a demo mode after the release? Like no making servers, only 3 other classes you can make, and no chatting? A demo mdoe would be a nice addition to the game after its release. Also constantly ads pop up that want you to buy the game after every battle or when you start the game itself?
Yes, we'll have a demo mode. It's still not entirely set in stone what we'll allow, but it will likely be preset classes, restricted mode access, no map sharing (but you can make a map), and no friends list or clan access. We may or may not have ads in game to buy it... We'll see.

Is the game going to have Mod support?
We will be open as much as possible to mod support, but it does have to be limited. Because of the fact that this is a competitive game, we can't just allow every little thing to be changed or we could severely affect balance.

Would It be possible for you too add bots in freeplay mode?
We likely won't have bots in Guncraft. They are far too complex to program, due to the always changing environments. However, Onslaught mode is a coop defense mode (can be played alone too) that has simple bots. Onslaught mode supports up to 4 players.

Will you have a creation feature? Eg, something similiar to Cubeworld or 3D Dot Game heroes?
Like a design your own weapon kind of thing? Probably not. We have a ton of plans for post-release stuff, and that's on the list, but it all depends on how successful Guncraft is. Get your friends to buy copies and we'll be more likely to implement it ;).

Are there any plans for 3+ team combat in post release (going all the way up to a free for all type of mode), or is that changable in the current version.
We have plans for 3+ team matches, but that's kind of low priority compared to other post-release features.

Did you pay kuledud3 to pay your game?
No we did not. He just really likes our game :).

Hey when this game comes out will you update your sound because the only thing I don't like that I see is the poor audio... Thanks! :)
There will be sound tweaks even before release :).

Will there be different game modes (Eg, CTF, TDM, Survival, etc?)
Yes, there are lots of modes. DM, TDM, CTF, Lava Survival, Spleef, Siege Mode, Onslaught, and several others that are concepted that we hope to have time to implement.

Will you have attachments for guns, so silencers, grips, and sights?
Unlikely, but possible as a post-release feature. We need enough weapons to justify such an expansive upgrade to our weapons system, first.

Will there be more maps and weapons added into the game after release?
You can make your own maps if you really want to. We aren't going to supply you all with maps forever. It's up to you guys to create your own custom content. That's why we've given you such an open-ended environment. As far as weapons go, we will be adding new weapons over time.

will it have a survival mode similar to minecrafts where its freeroam?
No. We aren't that kind of game. We do have Onslaught Mode though, which is our coop survival mode, similar to horde mode.

If I pre-order via the Exato GunCraft site ( http://exatogames.com/Guncraft/ ), will I get a Steam key if/when it gets Greenlit?
Yes you will :).

Can you make a free version that has ads and other stuff for people who cant pay
Probably not for a long while. We may do that when the game starts to die off, but even then, it's unlikely. Sorry =/.

Is this an Ace of Spades/Minecraft Clone?
No this is not a clone. We developed this game prior to knowing Ace of Spades existed, and our association with Minecraft ends at the fact that we share similar voxel styles. We are an entirely different game and experience and if you play, you'll be able to see that for yourself :).

Will levels be editable as easy as Minecraft?
The map editor won't be as robust as Minecraft's, simply because there are 1000's of users creating mods for it, daily. We do our best and will be adding to it all the time, but there's no way we can compete with Minecraft's immense community. We do have the prefab system to help you create a set piece that you can stamp everywhere too. There is no near-infinite world, but within a pretty large chunk of space we do let you use, you can create whatever you want (we have Winterfell's castle, which is HUGE).

Will guns be moddable and usable in ranked matches?
Weapons will be 100% customizable, but will have stat limits so you can't create god weapons. They will be allowed in ranked matches (when we have a ranking system).

Can players make their own skins
Players will be able to make their own skins, but both skins and guns will need approval from our moderators before they can be used online (for fairness/vulgarity reasons).

Can players make their own tilesets
Tilesets are one thing we have not worked towards sharing yet, for logistics reasons. We have no function for it, not because we choose too, but more because of a lack of time and resources. If more people buy the game, we will likely change this, but for now, we control the tilesets 100%, since that is easier and cheaper. However, you could theoretically change the file out for a file with your own tileset art and that would give you a local change (which you could also tell people to download and do too).
Última alteração por Darknuke; 22 Jan, 2013 às 9:03
A mostrar 1-15 de 75 comentários
< >
Tofu 25 Set, 2012 às 22:29 
How many players will the game have? 64? 32?
ptpanhead 26 Set, 2012 às 12:07 
Is everything in the game destructible? And can any weapon cause destruction?
FutureStarter #270 27 Set, 2012 às 9:20 
WIll there be a demo mode after the release? Like no making servers, only 3 other classes you can make, and no chatting? A demo mdoe would be a nice addition to the game after its release. Also constantly ads pop up that want you to buy the game after every battle or when you start the game itself?
Última alteração por FutureStarter #270; 27 Set, 2012 às 9:22
FutureStarter #270 27 Set, 2012 às 12:04 
Should this Q&A have a "One question a day" thing? CUz their should be in case someone is asking something more than once, like me. xD
Darknuke  [autor] 27 Set, 2012 às 13:20 
I don't mind answering as many questions as you have. It's good for everybody.
Chemo 29 Set, 2012 às 16:03 
Is the game going to have Mod support?
Última alteração por Chemo; 29 Set, 2012 às 16:06
JoshtheRoman 30 Set, 2012 às 21:08 
Hey, Dark Josh here. Would It be possible for you too add bots in freeplay mode?
JoshtheRoman 1 Out, 2012 às 14:27 
Ahh, defense mode :C Could you allow up to 4 players? Would you be able to have preset classes? That's all I have for now... MAKE THE LIST BIGGER!
Matthew 2 Out, 2012 às 20:44 
Will you have a creation feature? Eg, something similiar to Cubeworld or 3D Dot Game heroes?
Dominic the Cannibal 9 Out, 2012 às 14:42 
Are there any plans for 3+ team combat in post release (going all the way up to a free for all type of mode), or is that changable in the current version.
abcdefghijlmnopqrstuvwxyz 19 Out, 2012 às 6:17 
Did you pay kuledud3 to play your game?
Última alteração por abcdefghijlmnopqrstuvwxyz; 19 Out, 2012 às 14:38
Smithers 19 Out, 2012 às 14:53 
Hey when this game comes out will you update your sound because the only thing I don't like that I see is the poor audio... Thanks! :)
JoshtheRoman 19 Out, 2012 às 15:44 
@Smithers

Come with me, Alpha, Alpha
OutrightPine7 26 Out, 2012 às 5:31 
just wanted to say lov the game dont mind them minecraft fans who say this is a copy its totally diferent just wanted to support im going to try and pre order it and good job wit the game sorry if this doesnt qualify as a question :3
Matthew 26 Out, 2012 às 7:39 
Will there be different game modes (Eg, CTF, TDM, Survival, etc?)
A mostrar 1-15 de 75 comentários
< >
Por página: 15 30 50