This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Black Mesa
zXrshaver01Xz Nov 1, 2012 @ 4:07pm
Black Mesa Release on Steam
Ok, its now been just over one and a half months since this game was released. What I dont understand is WHY is it not on Steam yet?! The only way to get this game right now is to download it from the website with a bunch of other crap bundled with it! COME ON people! Its been over one and a half months now. Just let the Steam community have this great piece of work NOW!!!!
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
AKIMOV Nov 1, 2012 @ 4:23pm 
eee! Thanks from Russia! Black Mesa - very cool game <3
0veR Nov 1, 2012 @ 7:03pm 
Blame Valve!
DaggarHawke Nov 2, 2012 @ 5:33am 
hard to comprehend the purpose of "Greenlight" if it's just to greenlight (give permission for) the game to be offered somewhere else. no developer needs permission for that. i agree it most definitely should be available via Steam.
LiveWire Nov 2, 2012 @ 11:06am 
From my understanding, they aren't done with the final version, right? By final version, I'm talking about them not being done with all the chapters. I'm pretty sure that's what they're waiting for.
tetrisman767 Nov 2, 2012 @ 12:52pm 
or i just bet valve dosn't have the time at the moment from working on the big picture mode to upload these games to steam k
ME7ROPOLIS Nov 2, 2012 @ 12:56pm 
Originally posted by BakedPandaBear:
From my understanding, they aren't done with the final version, right? By final version, I'm talking about them not being done with all the chapters. I'm pretty sure that's what they're waiting for.

Yeah, that's what's going on, last I checked. You guys kinda got carried away with your speculation didn't you? Greenlight doesn't give permission for you to release a game outside of steam, that's absolutely rediculous and makes zero sense. The game is unfinished, as most of the greenlight projects are, and them being greenlit simply means they will be available on Steam upon completion. So, if you want to try out what's been finished so far, the team behind the game has ben generous enough to release what's finished, otherwise, wait for the entire game to be completed and released on Steam.

I personally can't wiat.
Nigga4Life 97 Nov 2, 2012 @ 2:07pm 
They are still working on XEN
Jew Nov 2, 2012 @ 3:27pm 
they are finishing the game quit your damn ♥♥♥♥♥ing!!!
zXrshaver01Xz Nov 2, 2012 @ 3:32pm 
I know they are working on more chapters but come on. The first version IS ALREADY OUT!
Eksevis Nov 2, 2012 @ 7:27pm 
I've been going on the assumption that they're going to release it on steam when Black Mesa finishes Xen.
djbe Nov 2, 2012 @ 8:36pm 
Well firstly thanks to the guys for putting this out at all - I'm really enjoying it. Maybe the rules have changed but Minerva was available in episodic form before completion
b4sh3rgames Nov 3, 2012 @ 9:01am 
Look Xen isn't finnished. I'm guessing the game will be done by March 2013
[WR'H] JohnSmith Nov 3, 2012 @ 11:58am 
I bet March 2013, 8 PM Valve Time.
VFerrari Nov 3, 2012 @ 3:47pm 
I think you guys all forget that Valve works in Valve Time. Probably this game will be released as a bundle with Half-Life 3, 10 years from now
Evil Puppy Cat Nov 3, 2012 @ 4:31pm 
This is like the 8th topic ♥♥♥♥♥ing about Black Mesa not being on Steam yet.
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50