This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Black Mesa
Cpt Bel Sep 25, 2012 @ 2:02pm
Decay: Source? Maybe a co-op mode in the future?
Hello guys, heres a little idea by me. Half-Life Decay was (for me) a really nice co-op mode in Half-Life 1 only relased for the Playstation 2 version of the game. You don't think it would be nice to get a co-op mode in BMS? I know you guys are hard working for us (thanks a lot, BMS is awesome!) but maybe you think about it. Maybe as your next project (when Xen and DM are finished)... it's just a suggestion of myside. Black Mesa is still awesome. Whether with a coop mode or not. ;-)
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Steiner Sep 25, 2012 @ 2:05pm 
Decay is the only one I haven't been able to get my hands on, so I'd be good with this. ^_^
Cpt Bel Sep 25, 2012 @ 2:40pm 
Originally posted by DoubleD45:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/hazard-team1
Oh thank you! Thats really cool... but maybe the BMS team could cooperate with the hazard team devs? That would be a good idea I think.
Mgalekgolo Sep 25, 2012 @ 4:18pm 
Synergy was great, I heard you could connect through hamachi and manually join games with black mesa, though I have yet to test it.
PenguinwithPie Sep 25, 2012 @ 8:26pm 
since the Black mesa developement team finished first, the should team up to make the other teams to finish these remakes:

Operation black mesa (opposing force)
Guard duty (blue shift)
Hazard team (decay)

so that once a half life source mod is finished, the team should help the other ones finish
Ninto55 Sep 26, 2012 @ 9:12am 
I'm pretty sure they've all decided to kind of do their own thing. People have talked about this idea a lot in the past.

Also, if you want to play Decay now there is a Half-Life 1 mod available now that you can play. It can also be played single player, using a key to switch between the players. Not as fun as coop though.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-decay
Cpt Bel Sep 26, 2012 @ 9:38am 
Originally posted by Ninto55:
I'm pretty sure they've all decided to kind of do their own thing. People have talked about this idea a lot in the past.

Also, if you want to play Decay now there is a Half-Life 1 mod available now that you can play. It can also be played single player, using a key to switch between the players. Not as fun as coop though.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-decay
I already know that. Also I played the original version for the ps2 much years ago... but thanks!
The whole point is that a source re-creation would be nice.^^
42:nd Sep 26, 2012 @ 5:10pm 
They've already decided not to develop anything else. They all go their separate ways, with good memories from these years, but they won't continue working together.
Clock_Work Sep 27, 2012 @ 12:59am 
Originally posted by 42:nd:
They've already decided not to develop anything else. They all go their separate ways, with good memories from these years, but they won't continue working together.

And what's your source for this? Considering they have plans for a few future unreleased chapters (involving Xen) I honestly doubt this is true.
Hatate Himekaidou 『LAB』 Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:55am 
Originally posted by GuyWithPie:
since the Black mesa developement team finished first, the should team up to make the other teams to finish these remakes:

Operation black mesa (opposing force)
Guard duty (blue shift)
Hazard team (decay)

so that once a half life source mod is finished, the team should help the other ones finish

You're going to have to cross out the Operation Black Mesa team for that. They said they won't use Black Mesa's assets since it'll require them to scrap a lot of their work and they see creating it from scratch as part of their portfolio.
jback901 Jan 17, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
also if it is released it will be on the PlayStation 3 using PSN splitscreen change character or online
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50