This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Black Mesa
Morolian Jan 26, 2013 @ 12:16pm
Black Mesa should be free to the owners of Half-Life do you agree?
I think that the owners of half-life should be able to download Black Mesa for free because they waited for ♥♥♥♥ models and physics even half-life source the same so the people who where disapointed with half-life's ♥♥♥♥♥♥ models and physics deserv Black Mesa for free plus they bought Black Mesa's sorce (half-life) so they have payed for it (sort of) do you agree with me?
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
< >
Sandvich18 Jan 26, 2013 @ 12:35pm 
WTF man, noone has to pay for it.
Chicken's Headgear Jan 26, 2013 @ 2:37pm 
Are you ♥♥♥♥ing stupid to read this game's/mod's description.
&Sam Jan 26, 2013 @ 4:16pm 
No one has to pay for Black Mesa, and when Half-Life came out in 1998, its models were probably the best of any game so I don't think anyone was "disappointed." And with the effort and time that went into Black Mesa, no one really "deserves" to get it for free, but it is anyway. If you still think Black Mesa costs this late after it was released, and that people deserve free games, you probably shouldn't be talking about it.
AUTISTICALLY AUTHENTIC! Jan 26, 2013 @ 6:17pm 
Yea i argee with you. I dont even know how to get the souce base code thingy you need
StickNik Jan 27, 2013 @ 7:15am 
Are you trying to ask for it to be a free mod for HL1? Because it is modded of the Source engine SDK
9tdf Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:09pm 
Originally posted by The Derpy Pie!:
Yea i argee with you. I dont even know how to get the souce base code thingy you need
open steam go to tools download source base 2007
when downloading Black mesa it is best to use the installer download is
the black mesa torrent you will need bit torrent to download it
when using the black mesa installer EXE click right on the mouse
when the menu comes up click run as administrator
then click run what till done restart steam or your computer and you might want to run source base 2007
at least once
Last edited by 9tdf; Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:11pm
9tdf Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:13pm 
black mesa needs source base 2007
on ifs ands or buts
Firask Jan 27, 2013 @ 11:34pm 
read the description dumbass
Kai0was Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:04am 
Not sure if trolling or just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥....
The Winter Soldier Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:58am 
First off, it's not Valve making it, so they don't have to make it free to you just because a DIFFERENT group of developers didn't give you what you wanted. Second, it IS free for EVERYONE. It sounds like you didn't read the description, huh? AND if you had done some research on Half-Life Source you would've known it was just better physics and water, and you wouldn't be complaining now.
Totenkopf Jan 28, 2013 @ 10:49am 
Absolutely YES!!!
Mefu720 Jan 29, 2013 @ 1:31am 
Gawd. It's free for all.
Unlimited Funyarinpa Works Jan 29, 2013 @ 6:15pm 
You don't even know what you're talking about. Don't just go off rambling in the Black Mesa community when you obviously don't know anything about what you're talking about. First off, no one who bought Half-Life upon it's release thought it's models and physics were dissapointing, because they were great for it's time. Secondly, nobody deserves Black Mesa for free. But it's free anyway. For all the hard work that the developers went through, they deserve some money, but they're nice enough to release it for free anyway. Another thing, your grammar is extremely bad and I didn't understand a lot of what you said, so let me try and interpret it: "plus they bought Black Mesa's sorce (half-life) so they have payed for it (sort of)" Black Mesa's "source" was Half-Life 2, not Half-Life 1.

Plus. Mod developers aren't even allowed to charge money for Source mods because Valve's policy is that it HAS to be free, except for certain exceptions in which Valve starts working with them to create a Retail version (ex: Garry's Mod, The Ship)

TL;DR: You're an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about.

PS: Very immature username. "A flying ♥♥♥♥"

Probably a troll, but I don't care.
Captain Goodnight Jan 30, 2013 @ 1:33am 
This post gave me cancer
Ulman Jan 30, 2013 @ 3:39am 
Originally posted by &it'sSam:
No one has to pay for Black Mesa, and when Half-Life came out in 1998, its models were probably the best of any game so I don't think anyone was "disappointed." And with the effort and time that went into Black Mesa, no one really "deserves" to get it for free, but it is anyway. If you still think Black Mesa costs this late after it was released, and that people deserve free games, you probably shouldn't be talking about it.

This means nobody deserves Steam to get it free. This means nobody deserves a mod to get it free. This means nobody deserves anything to get free. Not even a patch. Because everything has an "effort". This means we need to pay for everything. Right?!!!!

No.
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50