This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Black Mesa
TheKing2002 | CSGOFAST.COM Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:15pm
Should they make a remake of half life 2?
The creators of black mesa did great! but what if they did half life 2? and complain to gabe to count to 3!! and give us half life 3!
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Super Toaster Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:27pm 
Honestly, a remake of HL2 sounds like a awful idea.
HL1 pretty much died, and the graphics were awful, so the Black Mesa devs remade the game in a new and amazing way. HL2 has some awesome graphics, even by todays standards, So I can't see any reason to remake what was already fine. Besides, they can't really improve HL2 by much.

I wouldn't be suprised if the people who made HL3 were the Black Mesa dev team.
Vic Apr 29, 2013 @ 11:33pm 
I agree with Super Toaster, but a Blue Shift remake would be nice :D
La Pichila Asesina Apr 30, 2013 @ 2:41am 
Valve tendria que hacer Black Mesa Source , Operation Black Mesa Source , Blue Shift Source... pero no , Valve no hace nada... dejaron Half Life 3 de lado.... no creo que lo vallan a sacar :( osea que no va a haber Half Life 3 ... los de Valve creo que no quiere terminarlo o el nuevo Motor Grafico es mejor.... nose... espero que sea mejor y tenga mas graficos... (que valga la pena la espera) .... o bueno... que los creadores de Black Mesa Source hagan Half Life 3.... que sigan ellos la historia... :)
anon Apr 30, 2013 @ 5:03am 
remake half life 2? Why? Half Life 2 is already on the source engine, why would they remake it?
Zako Apr 30, 2013 @ 1:42pm 
Originally posted by Vic:
I agree with Super Toaster, but a Blue Shift remake would be nice :D

Guard duty. And before anyone says opposing forces Operation Black mesa (opposing forces source). I think opposing forces is on greenlight so vote for it :D. I thought half life 2 is now on the portal engine which massively made the graphics better. I got into half life 2 a few months ago and I was amazed at how good the graphics are, although I did kind of play it after just getting into half life 1 which to be honest wasn't half as addictive to me due to graphics and a few more stuff (I had to play with no sound for example, as it didn't work) so thats why I like black mesa.
Last edited by Zako; Apr 30, 2013 @ 1:45pm
Joe Apr 30, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
No Valve games have a 3 at the end.

Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2
Portal 2
Half Life 2
Dota 2

and probably more. Don't bank on a HL3.
anon May 1, 2013 @ 3:45am 
the third games will come with the new engine.

Goldsource: Half-Life, Team Fortress, Counter Strike etc.

Source Engine: Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2 etc.

And when they release their new engine they will release their third games.
๖Crafty The QuintonBot May 3, 2013 @ 5:56am 
Team Fortress Classic was on Goldsource.
Team Fortress was just on the normal Quake Engine.
๖Crafty The QuintonBot May 3, 2013 @ 6:02am 
And yes, I agree with super toaster. The graphics were way ahead of it's time (2004) and they still live up to todays standards. But by 2025 people would see it as "Old" graphics. So it might be nessassary for a remake. And also the source tech will be more advanced then and will be easier to make and even more talented people (Eg. Creators of Black Mesa) could be involved in it.
๖Crafty The QuintonBot May 3, 2013 @ 6:05am 
and by "Even more talented people" i meant more people. As smart as the people who work at VALVe (The Black Mesa Team will be there by then i rekon)
Ar-Khey May 3, 2013 @ 11:59am 
Originally posted by Super Toaster Otaku:
Honestly, a remake of HL2 sounds like a awful idea.
HL1 pretty much died, and the graphics were awful, so the Black Mesa devs remade the game in a new and amazing way. HL2 has some awesome graphics, even by todays standards, So I can't see any reason to remake what was already fine. Besides, they can't really improve HL2 by much.

I wouldn't be suprised if the people who made HL3 were the Black Mesa dev team.

awful graphics? hahah
MindWeb May 5, 2013 @ 2:26am 
We have evidence that they are delaying HL3 and all the other 3s to develop the Source 2 engine, be patient.
coprav May 5, 2013 @ 9:27am 
anon May 5, 2013 @ 11:33am 
"This project has gone non-public. I'm really tired of the braindead comments about optional HD
models. Shall all the whiners create something better. CM has become a just-for-fun project again."

Thanks everybody. This is what happens when you all ♥♥♥♥♥ about a free mod. You guys do the same and it wouldn't surprise me if they made the final version of Black Mesa private too.
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50