This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

theHunter
Number One Stunnaaaaa® Nov 7, 2012 @ 12:55pm
poor!
i even saw it in the store in germany. didnt like it, its a season pass you still have to pay for shooting at animals! what a waste grapic are aweesome but who cares if you cant save o shoot animals (weapons are locked aswell)
Showing 1-15 of 98 comments
< >
Dreihorn Nov 8, 2012 @ 6:04pm 
that's simply not true! if you don't want to pay anything you still have access to one hunting ground, have the smallest rifle with the most basic scope, you get a caller and unlimited rounds for your rifle. you are only allowed to shoot mule deer, but you can spot other animals too.
if you want to invest money, because you like the game, then there are bundles for hunting all game ranging from three months to twelve months with a lot of equipment included. there are also day passes available for most species that are very affordable. taking into account that the dev team is constantly working on new species, hunting grounds and buyable items, readily gives tech support and really cares for the opinion and the thoughts of the community, it is quiet fair to charge money if you want to enjoy the game to the fullest, at least in my opinion.
Number One Stunnaaaaa® Nov 9, 2012 @ 3:48am 
like i said, weapons and animals are locked. season pass?? its world of warcraft /diablo 3 for hunters.

dont get me wrong i would buy the game if it was a full retail version.
Last edited by Number One Stunnaaaaa®; Nov 9, 2012 @ 3:49am
Monsieur Tortue Nov 9, 2012 @ 4:02am 
weapons are not locked if you don't have a membership , you stil can hunt with other weapons , just don't have a unlimited round for the other rifle

for me : it's just the best hunting game ever , i play this game for 3 year with membership and i'm happy

the devs are cool , they listen to the community

19$ for 3 month for all reserves and all animals + 2 guns + equipment + clothes and more , it's not extensive

sorry my bad english
BillytheCrayon Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:58am 
Not even $19.00 per month. it's $14.99 per 3 months. literally $5.00 per month. The price of renting a game once per month from Blockbuster. I'd rather pay that, than pay $60.00 for a game that will probably never be updated or looked at by the devs ever again.

Just my opinion.

Edit - I wrote this wrong. It's 14.99 every 3 months. Not every month.
Last edited by BillytheCrayon; Mar 19, 2013 @ 12:31pm
StonerDude Nov 14, 2012 @ 8:18am 
The game has weekly updates, new equipment, new guns, new maps, bug fixes, updates to tracking skills, the list goes on for the updates that are released.

Also the devs do actually care about the game and community more than any other dev team that I know of, just check the active forum and find out for yourself instead of spouting nonsense.
Last edited by StonerDude; Nov 14, 2012 @ 8:21am
2ugly Nov 14, 2012 @ 6:47pm 
Probably one of the best outdoor renedered digital environments I've seen in any game. The price is not worth the game as it stands, but if you purchase it you are promoting the developement of it. I got the Trailblazer package, but considering what you get for only a year there are plenty of AAA titles that offer a lot more for one price, you can play anytime you want, and have full access to the content you paid for. The tent system in this game makes absolutely no sense, and is a waste to be included in any package for the price. The camp makes sence, and should have been what was included instead of the tent for the price, but they got me there. There's a kinda buyer beware element. The good stuff will still cost you even if you paid the full price. If they don't put more content in soon for those who paid I'm out. Right now it's just a dev demo showing off the engine with minimal content, but I'm sure from listening to the dev team it will only get better. Let's hope it does.
Number One Stunnaaaaa® Nov 15, 2012 @ 5:27am 
i would buy it for 50euros if i get a full and i mean FULL version. i hate games which sell guns backpacks animals XD tents. dont you get it?? they want to make more money thats it.
Esso Nov 21, 2012 @ 7:00pm 
@Woodman
Its a free to play game with a cash shop. What the ♥♥♥♥ did you expect? Go and troll someone else. The game is amazing and well worth the money. The graphics are gorgeous, environments amazing, animals realistic and the weapons feel authentic. I purchased the compound bow about 6 months ago and its the best spent 5$ i have spent online in a looooong time. If you dont like the business model of the game, ♥♥♥♥ off and stop putting people off from an excellent product.
ECO | The Skull Nov 23, 2012 @ 1:47am 
Its funny Woodman, you never played any other F2P game? And yes, this game is F2P (free to play). Online shop is just for you if you want more content thats it... And yes, I played a bit of this game aswell, I like it its awesome specialy when you are finished and can see how you killed each animal and no I dont like killing animals in RL thats why I played The Hunter :) (Played cus I dont play it anymore no time for tracking animals .P)
Number One Stunnaaaaa® Nov 23, 2012 @ 1:54am 
i play tf2. i even bought a hat which looks like a christmas tree. but i am allowed to shoot every enemy with every weapon even if i didnt buy the stupid hat. it would suck if one had to.
Last edited by Number One Stunnaaaaa®; Sep 9, 2013 @ 2:19pm
Number One Stunnaaaaa® Nov 23, 2012 @ 1:59am 
this game is a ripoff. deutsche wälder which is sold in germany is a season pass. wtf is that? print it in bigger text size. then i will stop thinking that the developers are not trying to rip people off....just saying
Archangel Nov 24, 2012 @ 2:03pm 
I've enjoyed this game with the free membership and paid membership. Worth every cent.
deLiGHT Nov 27, 2012 @ 4:14pm 
This game is fantastic. The person complaining that it's not really free to play is just incorrect. It's free to play, but if you want access to hunt more types of animals, in more locations, and with more weapons you need to pay for those additions. That's fine. As a free-to-play option, the ability to hunt mule deer on a very large land is perfectly acceptable for the moniker "free to play." The free offering is very good, and the paid offerings are even better. All in all, this is the best hunting video game ever made, and needs to be on steam.

Once this game is on Steam and starts making the developers more money, we can also expect Multiplayer co-op to be added to the game at some point. This game would be one of the best games on Steam with multiplayer, so I would recommend everyone not just give this game the greenlight, but support it buy looking at their paid offerings as well. It's not a game for everyone (very slow paced), but for hunting fans with patience it's unparalleled.
Last edited by deLiGHT; Nov 27, 2012 @ 4:17pm
Im'ShoT Dec 14, 2012 @ 9:44pm 
this game is the best hunting game ever i put money into this game simply cause you will not find anything like this anywhere else it needs some things like multiplayer more call types hunting grounds animals and that type of thing but as we speak all that is going on so this game is worth the invest ment its kinda like buying deer hunter 2000, 2001 2002 2003 ya get me i mean 60 bucks will last you all year and thats the cost of a new game so yeah its like a new game every year like that
Kalahee Dec 29, 2012 @ 2:22pm 
I totally understand Woodman. I, too, like to buy a full game which I can appreciate at my leisure without monetary pressure from monthlies. Also, I feel insulted when Free 2 Play is closer to Free Trial with heavy Cash Shop requirement. You have missions that you have to use cash to get the requirement to fulfil them.

Much like World of Warcraft 'Free 2 Play' (much smaller font : Up to level 15). "One/Two environment, only the basics." That's what DEMOs are.

I love The Hunter, a hunting game done right, awesome graphics and environments, but is still a single player game which require an Internet Connection to play. More content? That's what DLCs are for.

BUT! On the cash shop system, you don't have to pay monthly. You can buy weapons, buy ammunitions and get licenses for reasonable prices. I wouldn't be bothered from paying a bit of money now and then if it actually allowed me to play with a friend.
Showing 1-15 of 98 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50