This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Interstellar Marines
Ninjaman999 Jun 25, 2013 @ 8:56pm
Question about Spearhead!
Hey Bozar, can you elaborate on the Cancellation of the Vanguard program that you announced in the email to us backers?
Does that mean only Prologue will be released?
Will Prologue be the base game that will be expanded upon with DLC?
How will this work? Cause I've been looking around and I've found no info on the matter :(
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Chris Yukine Jun 25, 2013 @ 9:02pm 
From what I gathered so far, Vanguards will be upgraded to Frontliners and will be given a key for the game. As for the game itself, it seems like ZPS has merged all games into one and has taken the Minecraft approach and update the game as it's developed further.
Ninjaman999 Jun 25, 2013 @ 9:09pm 
Thats the vibe I was getting from the news. Hopefully the gameplay is solid and lots of content is made available :3
I wouldn't mind this decision as long as they make sure to give the single title alot of longevity. Full awesome SP and a bunch of co-op side missions with a connecting narrative throughout the missions to give the missions context and a good MP package and many of us are sure to be pleased :3
Hopefully we geta more clear and official explination.
ZPS.Bozar  [developer] Jun 26, 2013 @ 3:46am 
Originally posted by Ninjaman999:
Hey Bozar, can you elaborate on the Cancellation of the Vanguard program that you announced in the email to us backers?
Does that mean only Prologue will be released?
Will Prologue be the base game that will be expanded upon with DLC?
How will this work? Cause I've been looking around and I've found no info on the matter :(

Hey guys. We are currently making a public statement. Ill make sure to post it here too..
Ninjaman999 Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:04am 
Cool, thank you Bozar!
ZPS.Bozar  [developer] Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:13am 
ZPS.Bozar  [developer] Jun 26, 2013 @ 6:28am 
As for the prologue question. Prologue no longer exists. The game will now be Interstellar Marines only, from now on. Interstellar Marines will be updated with new content, meaning that Interstellar Marines will have all the future content in it and not in parts as originally planned.
Ninjaman999 Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:25pm 
Thank you for the update and clarification. Sadly I'm also one of the people who blundered and added the retail key instead of the Old School Spearhead key, stupid me -__-
I emailed you guys about it so I hope you can help me fix things. I feel like an idiot ;_;
ZPS.Bozar  [developer] Jun 27, 2013 @ 1:29am 
Thank you for the update and clarification. Sadly I'm also one of the people who blundered and added the retail key instead of the Old School Spearhead key, stupid me -__-
I emailed you guys about it so I hope you can help me fix things. I feel like an idiot ;_;

Don't worry. We will help you out ;-)
Ninjaman999 Jun 27, 2013 @ 4:09am 
Thank you Very much! :3
ZPS.Bozar  [developer] Jun 28, 2013 @ 5:31am 
Thank you Very much! :3

You are welcome ;-)
Keavon Jun 29, 2013 @ 11:15pm 
I think this needs a little better clarification: Prologue, First Contact, Worlds Collide, and Satellite of Saturn are all still planned as before. But instead of making them four independent titles, they will all be part of the same game: Interstellar Marines. This unifies everything, making a change to one system reflect across all games. It will also remove the problem of multiplayer only being in Prologue, and it will prevent the old games from fading away. All the names will also be removed, and the campaign will link together into one HUGE, epic campaign once the series is finished. The current plan is to give all owners the whole campaign, but raise the price for new players when they purchase the more complete game. The game is cheap right now but it will be very expensive once it essentially equates to four full games as originally planned. So fear not! We will all still get our Prologue and our Trilogy. Now they are just more unified!
Ninjaman999 Jun 30, 2013 @ 4:30am 
It might be a better idea to set expectations lower in terms of campaign length since I feel the unification of all the chapters is being done due to financial infeasibility instead of the aformented reason. I had a feeling 4 big chapters was already going to be quite a streach of a game and releasing a single title means they will only have one time to properly monitize the game.
ZPS.Bozar  [developer] Jun 30, 2013 @ 4:55am 
When we launch on Early Access then all this will be clarified..
Vedynn[Linux] Jul 10, 2013 @ 9:57pm 
Will there be a version for Linux released before the official release, and which languages ​​other than English will be added?
TimberedHarborHero Aug 3, 2013 @ 7:35am 
this game rocks
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50