This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Neighbours from Hell Compilation
†Gadeon†[WarpFire] Jan 15, 2013 @ 12:05pm
Ver for mac)
If the game is approved, could you port it to the Mac.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
artyomgamer0 Aug 9, 2013 @ 9:27am 
ONLY PC ONLY HARDCORE
ollie299792458 Oct 3, 2013 @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by artyomgamer0:
ONLY PC ONLY HARDCORE
Why, oh, why, this is why I regret switching to PC, having to put up with fellow idiots on my OS (mac does have idiots, but a more polite kind).
xChalas Oct 3, 2013 @ 9:04pm 
Originally posted by ollie299792458:
Originally posted by artyomgamer0:
ONLY PC ONLY HARDCORE
Why, oh, why, this is why I regret switching to PC, having to put up with fellow idiots on my OS (mac does have idiots, but a more polite kind).

He is being sarcastic. No need to get jumpy. Anyway all hail the PC master race. Nothing for those mac heretics!

:)
RANDOM EXPLOSIONS Oct 4, 2013 @ 5:29am 
I would love to see a multi platform version for Windows, Mac and Linux. This is not about who has the "best operating system" but about the gaming community
ollie299792458 Oct 4, 2013 @ 9:09am 
Originally posted by BkG»Cybergast:
I would love to see a multi platform version for Windows, Mac and Linux. This is not about who has the "best operating system" but about the gaming community
I agree
inferno986return Oct 4, 2013 @ 10:15am 
Originally posted by ollie299792458:
Originally posted by BkG»Cybergast:
I agree

I agree for Linux!
Traingineer Oct 4, 2013 @ 8:42pm 
Can't you use bootcamp?
inferno986return Oct 6, 2013 @ 8:44pm 
Originally posted by Traingineer:
Can't you use bootcamp?

That's a little bit beside the point. These days SteamPlay is sort of a standard in many games and it's a great way for the developers to "appeal to a wider audience".
inferno986return Oct 6, 2013 @ 8:59pm 
Originally posted by BaH:
People on Macs make up about 3-4% of steam users. That's not a much wider audience.

If someone with an x86 mac wants to play games, especially older ones originally developed for windows only, then bootcamp is certainly the best way to go about it.
WINE based solutions are workable but often imperfect, vitalisation has limitations and overhead and re-writing a game to run natively often isn't financially feasible for the developer.

I guess it depends on what game engine the game is using as to how much effort it takes to port over. Using technologies like MonoGame (or XNA), Unreal and Unity can be ported without too much effort as shown with many games using those technologies.

In my experience WINE (and WINE-like) solutions only work best with uncomplicated and old software which can talk to the compatibility software best.
BaH Oct 6, 2013 @ 9:07pm 
Haha, deleted the post in case it came across confrontational but you got in quick :)

You make a good point regarding more modern engines being easier to port, thankfully more games are cross platform these days.
There's been a few people just on this steam forum for the game having issues running it even under win7/8 x64, albeit with a fairly easy config file fix. I guess supporting a translated version could be an issue but if it sells enough copies why not.

Personally I'd much rather just dual boot and run windows on the bare metal and avoid additional complexity or possible issues, but I guess for some a non native version is preferable to rebooting to game.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50