コミュニティがこのゲームを Greenlit に選びました!

コミュニティがこのゲームに関心を示しました。Valve はこの開発者がSteamでのリリースに着手するよう働きかけました。

Rebirth
Rico  [開発者] 2012年9月26日 18時23分
Ideas for usable gear: I want yours!
I recently added functional gear slots to the game. This means thing such as clothing, armor, and other equipment can now be added to your character and shown on their model. In addition, my plan has always been to allow players to equip what I call "functional gear" which is basically gear that doesn't just sit there and give you stats, but serves a purpose and can be used for some specific thing.

For example, flashlights or lamps. I can attach the lamp to any of the player's gear slots then allow you to turn it off/on using a key toggle.

There a lot of ways this kind of gear can be used. Some gear will be used to hide yourself from certain enemies in the game.

Do you guys have any suggestions for gear types of this kind that you'd like to see in the game?

1-15 / 130 のコメントを表示
< >
Gucci Mane Official 2012年9月26日 20時26分 
The inventory is an interesting question in survival games with an emphasis on realism. In a way, shooters like the Halo series are more honest in this respect; a person with basic "gear" (fully clothed) may be able to carry two large items (in the example of the generic shooter, these are obviously weapons), with one slung over the shoulder (and even this is only provided that the item has a shoulder strap of some sort) and the other carried. Aside from that, one can carry what will fit in one's pockets... which is basically spare change and car keys. DayZ approaches this with backpacks, though it already grants far too much inventory space. The backpack, and probably also belt pouches, would be an obvious choice to help the survivor carry all of the other stuff that one encounters and requires to make a game like this interesting. Aside from that, certain wearable gear with realistic passive bonuses comes to mind; camouflaged clothing to better hide the survivor, or padded sneakers to allow for quieter movement. Basic tools would be important - crowbars or hammers, which could double as weapons. In terms of essential non-equippable gear, renewable food and water are important (depending how hard you drive the survival aspect), so a filtration system would be interesting, particularly because this not a permanent item; filters need to be cleaned, replaced regularly. So there's some stuff.
Rico  [開発者] 2012年9月26日 21時03分 
Camouflage and sneakers are definitely usable ideas. One thing I want to mention is that I'm not going trictly for realism here, realism will be used to enhance the gameplay. Things like hunger, thirst and limited resources are things I've added from the get go simply because they provide me with one very specific benefit: To give players a low level objective right from the start, without making it apparent.

Hunger keeps you from camping a spot indefinitely, its something I can use to keep the player moving, without directly "attacking them", which is what I really like about it.

Another thing I'm toying with is gas masks and such. Environmental dangers are something I've had on my design docs from day one, so areas with toxic air and such would make for some interesting gameplay. I can limit visiblity, as well as provide the player with some frantic forward momentum to get in and get out, since their air filters could potentially only work for so long, effectively also making them need to scavenge for additional specialized items.

Regarding backpacks and gear:

The current plan is to limit gear carried not using a backpack, but by weight. This reduces the tedium of backpack organization, in the sense of "making it all fit" but still allows you to organize it in your own way (the current inventory acts like a bag in Ultima Online, drag and drop anything you want inside in any spot and it stays there). Backpacks are also a planned item, but they are likely to provide an extra "boost" to the amount of weight you can carry, thus giving them a reason for existing while still maintaining the gridless inventory I currently have in place.

Tools are one of those things I've always thought should make you vulnerable when you use them. A hammer, is something I'm likely to force the player to have to equip in a weapon slot (based on size, primary or secondary). I just think it would add more to the tension, and give players an extra decision to make before they go on and use the tool.

Regarding filtration systems for water, that's a neat idea. The survival and building aspects of the game are one of those things I want to continue exploring over the life of the game. Things like the ability to plant crops, and such, are something that I thought would be neat to do later on. Its a very low priority future thing, but definitely something I've considered. I didn't think about water filtration systems, but that's also something that would definitely fit into that idea.

Grimstock 2012年9月27日 5時42分 
I think a Body armor would fit fine. but only one area it could apply to: Chest. Also some pounchs where you could fit a small carteen of water and few other items like foods and ammunitions.
Tactical 2012年9月27日 7時23分 
something like toxic suits, and gas mask that you need to refill would be cool
[Au_uF]Sanchez420 2012年9月27日 9時08分 
Traps to secure the area you are passing by would be awesome, just like stones in tins that are hanging from one side of the wall to another (in case you are in a building off course) to make enough noise to warn you that someone or something is approaching you. Surely to be found in nearly all areas, it could be build Bear Grylls Style to improve chances of survival.

Also gun maintaining equipment would be pure gold imo. It could save you the nasty jamming of your gun and with that could save you from an unpleasant encounter.

First Aid Kits which can be used step by step instead of repeatedly, i.e you have a nearly complete medikit in which you just missing..let´s say a syringe, an npc or another player may have one in exchange for one of your bandages etc. A completed Medikit must have a larger healing bonus than an incompleted one.
Skooma 2012年9月27日 11時51分 
I think something that could be useful is a type of portable storage like a crate or a chest. With a weight system, you won't have the luxury to carry everything you need. If you're out and about building or renovating, you're going to need a place to put extra supplies. I suppose you could just throw stuff on the ground in a solitary location, but that can get messy really fast. It would also make traveling more organized if you could manage all the weight of the storage and anything inside of it.
Oddwaffle 2012年9月27日 16時16分 
I think certain survival items are extremely important and players should collect these items at the start.

#1 Water. Generally, you need about 3-4 L of water a day if you are in active survival mode. You can survive for less if you are really focused but not for long and your efficiency drop over time without water. Unless you're a soldier of some sort, it's hard to carry around a gallon of water so I think a slot for a small 1000ml tin bottle of water is ideal. However, you need to find a way to replenish your water bottle. Oh, I think it's extremely hard to get a decent amount of water in the wild unless you run into a water source like a stream/pond or some sort of water tree/fruit. In fact, the greatest challenge in survival is finding a source of water.

I wouldn't go with the filtration system unless you are asking the player to plan for something long term for survival. In fact, it's better to let the player have some small items act as a temporary source of water until they can actually find a good source. For example, I remember there are some pills that can turn polluded water into drinkable water if you drop it into the water and stir. This can be a temporary solution until the player find a stream, well or river.

#2 Multitool. The best survival tool. It can be used to prepare food, prepare for a fire as well as prepare for shelter/camp. I think this item must occupy a small slot somewhere as it is a critical tool. You might be able to use this tool to break into some small locks or cut through some wires. In desperation, it can be used as a decent weapon/fishing tool if you can attatch it to a pole to make a spear of some sort. Can also open canned food or as a surgical knife in some cases.

#3 Short Axe Or Hammer or Machete or Knife. I think other than the multitool, these items can occupy a tool or weapon slot depending on their uses. Axe > Long Knife > Machete > Hammer in order of usefulness in survival. Axe works well in all environments and particularly effective in snow area as it can cut into tree for fuel. It can also be used to break doors, locks, wires or other things. If you can sharpen the blade, it can be used as a tool to cut food or other things. The Knife can serve as a tool making item as well as collecting items from the wild. I doubt that it can break through doors and locks unless they are small or fragile ones. Machete is similar to a long knife but make up for the lack of finess for its ability to cut through jungle and I think it's a much better weapon. The only use for a hammer imo is for digging and smashing stuff.

Inventory wise, the 3 items above should fit into the player's inventory slots without taking up much weight or looking bunky. You can make it so that the player will move slowly if they carry too much stuff. It would be a trade off between mobility and utility. Should a player wear armor, equip with rifles and ammo and prepare to fight or should the player go with a small hand gun, some tools and wear light clothing so he can run away?
最近の変更はOddwaffleが行いました; 2012年9月27日 16時26分
Rico  [開発者] 2012年9月27日 18時37分 
s0ne4ever の投稿を引用:
I think something that could be useful is a type of portable storage like a crate or a chest. With a weight system, you won't have the luxury to carry everything you need. If you're out and about building or renovating, you're going to need a place to put extra supplies. I suppose you could just throw stuff on the ground in a solitary location, but that can get messy really fast. It would also make traveling more organized if you could manage all the weight of the storage and anything inside of it.

Containers are something planned for sure. I was working on them at one point but I got sidetracked working on something else, but they're on my TODO list for sure (I keep giant sticky notes in my monitor that I check off as I implement features, they're in there)

Skooma 2012年9月27日 18時59分 
Rico の投稿を引用:
s0ne4ever の投稿を引用:

Containers are something planned for sure. I was working on them at one point but I got sidetracked working on something else, but they're on my TODO list for sure (I keep giant sticky notes in my monitor that I check off as I implement features, they're in there)

Yay sticky notes~

Back on topic, what about fishing poles or baskets to help with scavenging from the environment? Assuming the environment is clean enough to gather food sources from, you could possibly build/find/use these tools to help speed up the gathering process. At the same time, this could play into your vulnerability scheme with having to choose what to give up in terms of gear you can carry at a given time while foraging.
Spector3 2012年9月28日 16時18分 
#1) There should be the choice of holding out in an area if he/she is well enough to handle themselves(not a good idea for when you have little equipment or low level?
#2) Do bring into gameplay toxic air in areas but give little to no notification to the player anything about radiation poisoning for more of a "I should have noticed the barrels of toxic IN FRONT OF ME" affect.
#3) Bottles/canteens, pocket knives, candy bars, and a certain # of bullets {Ex:12 slugs} found should be a 0.5 since they are just that light
Skooma 2012年9月28日 20時15分 
demon35620 の投稿を引用:
#1) There should be the choice of holding out in an area if he/she is well enough to handle themselves(not a good idea for when you have little equipment or low level?
#2) Do bring into gameplay toxic air in areas but give little to no notification to the player anything about radiation poisoning for more of a "I should have noticed the barrels of toxic IN FRONT OF ME" affect.
#3) Bottles/canteens, pocket knives, candy bars, and a certain # of bullets {Ex:12 slugs} found should be a 0.5 since they are just that light

Er...not saying your ideas are bad, but these aren't really suggestions for usable gear xD However, your third point is interesting to note at least. I do think certain small items shouldn't equal the weight of something that is bigger than it. For example, I don't think a bottle of water should have an equal carry weight of 1 with, say, a hammer. They may be the same size, but the hammer is probably going to be heavier.
silber42 2012年9月28日 21時12分 
Rico の投稿を引用:
s0ne4ever の投稿を引用:

I would be so happy if inventories had seperate groups for different supplies. It's tedious to organize everything (if you have whole lotta things) in the inventory.
silber42 2012年9月28日 21時31分 
Here is a list of gears you might include:
  • infrored/night vision goggles,
  • weapon attachments (scopes, bayenettes, etc.)
  • binoculars
  • rocks (useful for making distractions)
  • maps, gps
  • explosives
Skooma 2012年9月29日 7時37分 
I really wanted to suggest modern techologies like infrared/night vision goggles and gps, but I really don't know how far up the technological ladder the dev wanted to go. Also, I feel like technologies like that should either 1) be extremely rare/limited/extremely difficult to come by or 2) not be in the game. I know in other survival games, DayZ for example, you had an extreme edge on everything around you as soon as you received certain tools and technologies.

For this game, I want to feel like I'm doing everything I can to survive not like I'm surviving with little to no threat of me dying because I have awesome stuff. If I ever fall into the category of surviving with no possibility of enemies killing me, I want it to be because I worked hard and built my shelther/defenses effectively and armed myself efficiently.

I do like the idea of customizable weapons though. If I have a knife and a rifle, I really feel like I should be able to just put the knife on the rifle and poke stuff that way.

Distraction items are always a plus. It's something that seems like it would be an essential idea in survival horror, but it becomes an overlooked idea in a lot of games. Amnesia, for example, has objects all over the place you can pick up and throw as distractions, but you can almost always outrun or slip by an enemy without it noticing you nullifying the game mechanic of 'distraction to survive.'
最近の変更はSkoomaが行いました; 2012年10月5日 10時36分
Spector3 2012年9月29日 14時22分 
s0ne4ever の投稿を引用:
I really wanted to suggest modern techologies like infrared/night vision goggles and gps, but I really don't know how far up the technological ladder the dev wanted to go. Also, I feel like technologies like that should either 1) be extremely rare/limited/extremely difficult to come by or 2) not be in the game. I know in other survival games, DayZ for example, you had an extreme edge on everything around you as soon as you received certain tools and technologies.

For this game, I want to feel like I'm doing everything I can to survive not like I'm surviving with little to no threat of me dying because I have awesome stuff. If I ever fall into the category of surviving with no possibility of enemies killing me, I want it to be because I worked hard and built my shelther/defenses effectively and armed myself efficiently.

I do like the idea of customizable weapons though. If I have a knife and a rifle, I really feel like I should be able to just put the knife on the rifle and poke stuff that way.

Distraction items are always a plus. It's something that seems like it would be an essential idea in survival horror, but it becomes an overlooked idea in a lot of games. Amnesia, for example, has objects all over the place you can pick up and throw as distractions, but you can almost always outrun or slip by an enemy without noticing you nullifying the game mechanic of 'distraction to survive.'
Maybe (for the weapon thing) have tape+knife+rifle= bayonetted rifle
And the whole #1 & #2 thing for the "area to live in" and toxic gas idea I forgot to quote the other guys.
1-15 / 130 のコメントを表示
< >
ページ毎: 15 30 50