This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Rebirth
Rico  [developer] Feb 5, 2013 @ 6:28pm
What should we call these enemies?
What should we call a potential enemy that has no eyes, and can only find you by the noises you make?
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
< >
Mab Darogan Feb 11, 2013 @ 2:04pm 
I think something like that would lend itself to hunter/stalker, but does it have any other characteristics that survivors (laypeople going from their experiences) might call them? They could be identified because of their movements (shufflers/lurches) or a noise they make you can hear as they get close (whisperers/cacklers), or based off of other physical characteristics (the Pale Blind/Eyeless) which can even be something humorous as we will often use humor to cope (Dumbos if they have obviously large ears).
Rico  [developer] Feb 11, 2013 @ 7:28pm 
The plan is, that these guys will be sort of slow (won't run at you) and that once they find you, they will alert nearby enemies by making loud noises, which will attract any enemies nearby to that location.
Deaddropping Feb 11, 2013 @ 7:41pm 
Well, calling them anything seems kind of a bad idea, because even whispering might let them know where you are if they are close. But as for names, prahaps Slenders or The Blind, or The Watchers.
Rico  [developer] Feb 12, 2013 @ 6:23pm 
No slenders :-P

There are no slendermen in this game. We are trying to create our own universe.

If you like good horror you should check out scp-wiki, far creepier stuff there than any number of slendermen ;-)
Wrecker (NigNog Inc) Feb 15, 2013 @ 9:45am 
How about a wraith?
Alligator Blood Feb 17, 2013 @ 5:54am 
how bout a banshee since they make so much noise
Grimstock Feb 17, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
What about a creature that can hunts you relentlessly at night and it is killable only by heavy weapons that uses powerful ammunitions? E.g, SCP-106. and you need the weapon equilent to HID turret or something more powerful to bring it down.
Last edited by Grimstock; Feb 21, 2013 @ 5:40pm
Granberia Feb 17, 2013 @ 3:52pm 
Voids
Listeners
Echoes
Mole(men/creature)s
Bat (Beast/Creature)s
Antimutes
Alert Ones
Ramblers
Sirens
Yearners
Shrieks

Just some ideas :P
Prophet of Bliss Feb 22, 2013 @ 10:03pm 
I would go with something like Lurkers. It's simple, but the feeling you get from being in this game's atmosphere and the name combined would make you feel like they're always there...
Last edited by Prophet of Bliss; Feb 22, 2013 @ 10:05pm
jmc1999 Feb 25, 2013 @ 3:44am 
scary
predators sorry can't spell
=[TEO]= TeQnautiQ Feb 25, 2013 @ 4:33am 
this is a game about a outbreak right kinda like zombies but more scary so im thinking something like the poisoned or the remainders the nighteaters or the changed or the haters lol joking but maybe the walking nightmare for one of the unique creatures and the general mutant would be the flesh criers or from my interactive book the "family" or the family of damned oh or how about fear mongrels. i get alot of nightmares so i have a ♥♥♥♥ed up mind when it comes to beasts.
Last edited by =[TEO]= TeQnautiQ; Feb 25, 2013 @ 4:34am
9th Doctor Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:35am 
Pedobear is what is shold be called
Sulphuric_Glue Feb 27, 2013 @ 1:35pm 
Need ideas? I've got a few

The Twisted Ones
Ancients
People With No Eyes But Very Acute Hearing
M@ssive_Headwound_Harry Feb 28, 2013 @ 11:05pm 
Decayed
Souless
Lifeless

Although if I imagine myself in that setting I think I'd be more likely to call them Screamers. Afterall that's the real danger they pose. They alert others to your presence with their loud and unnerving calls. Any name referring to their movement is not too compelling because they're slower than you. What scares the bejeezus out of you is when their buddies are arriving from all directions wailing at the top of there lungs. My vote is on Screamers.
Lelupula Mar 2, 2013 @ 8:18am 
Eyless
Blind ones
Hearing ones
Hearers

theres the few
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50