This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Path to the Sky
Pomf Jan 5, 2013 @ 8:14am
Steam achievements?
I just thought of something; will this game come with Steam achievements? I hope it does because it is always a nice touch to have in Steam games, and I am a sucker for Steam achievements in games I like. I know many times I have replayed or played a game longer just to get certain achievements after playing through the game normally.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
dek  [developer] Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
Achievements sound like something that a lot of people enjoy (and some hate). If this gets on steam, I am pretty sure I can implement some. Thanks for the suggestion!
Pomf Jan 5, 2013 @ 4:11pm 
Cool, good to know, and would be much appreciated. I know some people hate achievements, but I don't understand why as they don't hurt anything, especially not in a single player game. However, I never heard anyone say they still wouldn't get a game they wanted just because it has achievements in it. On the other hand, I have heard of people admit to buying games (even though they didn't really want the game that much) JUST because they had achievements in them.
Although I am not that extreme about them. I only really go for achievements in games I really enjoy and love, because as I said, they extend the life of a game, which if you love a game, of course you want to find ways to play it more, achievements help solve that dilemma without taking up too much of the devs time.
dek  [developer] Jan 5, 2013 @ 5:58pm 
Its a good point! I guess the most people really hate these comments because they think, to themselves at least, that the gamedevs are just trying to generate cheap replay value. Well, I guess they are right, but as long as some people have fun with it, I dont see a problem. I do agree however that the developers should not praize them as anything too big and amazing, or even a main feature of the product. It should be exactly what you said. A thing for people that really fall in love with the game. A thing to give them some extra reason and reward for spending some more time with it.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50