This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Path to the Sky
Pomf Jan 5, 2013 @ 8:14am
Steam achievements?
I just thought of something; will this game come with Steam achievements? I hope it does because it is always a nice touch to have in Steam games, and I am a sucker for Steam achievements in games I like. I know many times I have replayed or played a game longer just to get certain achievements after playing through the game normally.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
dek  [developer] Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
Achievements sound like something that a lot of people enjoy (and some hate). If this gets on steam, I am pretty sure I can implement some. Thanks for the suggestion!
Pomf Jan 5, 2013 @ 4:11pm 
Cool, good to know, and would be much appreciated. I know some people hate achievements, but I don't understand why as they don't hurt anything, especially not in a single player game. However, I never heard anyone say they still wouldn't get a game they wanted just because it has achievements in it. On the other hand, I have heard of people admit to buying games (even though they didn't really want the game that much) JUST because they had achievements in them.
Although I am not that extreme about them. I only really go for achievements in games I really enjoy and love, because as I said, they extend the life of a game, which if you love a game, of course you want to find ways to play it more, achievements help solve that dilemma without taking up too much of the devs time.
dek  [developer] Jan 5, 2013 @ 5:58pm 
Its a good point! I guess the most people really hate these comments because they think, to themselves at least, that the gamedevs are just trying to generate cheap replay value. Well, I guess they are right, but as long as some people have fun with it, I dont see a problem. I do agree however that the developers should not praize them as anything too big and amazing, or even a main feature of the product. It should be exactly what you said. A thing for people that really fall in love with the game. A thing to give them some extra reason and reward for spending some more time with it.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 15 30 50