This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stardew Valley
Cassie Oct 25, 2012 @ 7:55am
Relationships?
One thing I'm curious about is the relationships - I'm already glad that I'll be able to play a girl, but will there be any possibility of girl/girl or boy/boy relationships in the game, or can you only woo/marry the opposite sex? Either way the game looks terrific, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the release - been a Harvest Moon addict since N64/PS1 and this looks like a fantastic PC successor to that series.
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
< >
ConcernedApe  [developer] Oct 25, 2012 @ 9:48am 
Yep, same-sex dating/marriage is absolutely supported in Stardew Valley. Woo and marry whoever you like!
Cassie Oct 25, 2012 @ 11:09am 
That's super awesome! You rock! <3 Now I just need an alpha I can throw money at you for. ;D
SabotageTheFool Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:23pm 
I'm so happy to see someone already asked and it's a possitive answer ^_^ Loving it so much.
Benguin Nov 25, 2012 @ 8:01pm 
Fantastic.
R3D24 Jan 5, 2013 @ 7:39pm 
No offence to ANYONE but i if the mentioned above is true, i would like to see a option too disable it, as it is against my belefs. Again NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE MENT!!!!!!!!
R3D24 Jan 5, 2013 @ 7:43pm 
Ohh btw the reason i said the above is i don't want to woo a guy, and get strange looks from my brother next too me >.>
Cassie Jan 5, 2013 @ 8:31pm 
It's entirely optional, if I remember correctly from the forums you have to give a member of either gender an item to initiate romance. There will be no accidental gay flirting if you're sensitive about that.
ConcernedApe  [developer] Jan 5, 2013 @ 8:32pm 
Before any of the datables will say anything overtly romantic to you, you must first give them a bouquet to indicate you want to date them. This avoids any unwanted affectionate dialogue from the wrong person... not only for someone interested in a boy/girl relationship but also for those interested in pursuing same-sex relationships. So you won't need to turn anything off; If you only pursue people of the opposite sex then you won't really encounter anything else.
天诛 Jan 25, 2013 @ 10:26am 
You said that you will add mods to it. Or at least leave an option to mod the game. Can I change graphics then, to suit my style :d Avatars ( Dialogue ones ) and even pixel art ( the look of my character ). I'm pretty sure someone will add armor/shield mods after release :D
nz000 Jan 25, 2013 @ 11:24am 
Can you pursue (and successfully finalize!) multiple romances at the same time? Gathering our own harem would be soooo cool :D And you'd probably be the first one to realize such option in such genre...

I mean, if same-sex relationships are in here, why not enable polygamous ones as well? :D
Runica Jan 27, 2013 @ 3:17am 
I was going to ask the same thing. Can you woo and marry the entire town?
天诛 Feb 2, 2013 @ 4:14am 
Originally posted by Runica:
I was going to ask the same thing. Can you woo and marry the entire town?

Oh yeah sure, don't forget to add sexually transmitted diseases, old folkes looking at you as a loose gun, society looking at you badly ( not selling you stuff ). Y'know just to make it more real. The whole post is a joke mate. I vote for no to multiple marriages.
variablenonsense Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:35am 
I'm very happy to see same sex support~ However, I would also be another + for polygamous options as well. It would be amazing to have a game that supports many different romantic options.
Caesyit91 Feb 11, 2013 @ 10:40am 
Is it possible to have a divorce?
Kisaki Roi Feb 13, 2013 @ 12:48am 
hmm, is it going to have for the multiplayer, the option to date and marry in it awsel, mostly meaning you and friend both have wife/husband living in same farm with them? :P
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50