This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stardew Valley
Capitty Aug 6, 2013 @ 8:18am
Farming, spelunking, or both?
Which do you imagine yourself focusing on more in this game? Hardcore farmer, out to grow and raise every sort of crop/farm animal imaginable? Or maybe the hardcore explorer? Perhaps, both!

Honestly, I will probably do a bit of both, but I will be strictly farming at the beginning until I can get my farm well established. Then, when I feel that is all settled, I will venture out into the great unknown! I just like to make sure that my livelihood is solid first, haha. Definitely looking forward to the farming co-op and the adventuring co-op!

Just interested in what others are interested in focusing on in this long awaited game. (:
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Lucky The Donkey Aug 6, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
Farming for 3 seasons, spelunking for Winter. Of course with plenty of relationship building in between! Or at least thats how I always played HM. I am looking forward in taking pride in how my farm looks and grow more than the mines / dungeons, but don't get me wrong I think they're a brilliant inclusion.
Terrax Aug 6, 2013 @ 2:08pm 
In rune factory I normally focus more on the farm and then later the crafting and only go spleukling when I need something for my craft recipe. but since it still import to progress the plot in rune factory I normally try to clear the dungoens asap. In SDV I'll probably do more farm work than everything else. Except during the winter. That'll be my time to go speulking. Still can't wait for this game.
Troll Aug 7, 2013 @ 5:56pm 
Been a heavy miner in Rune Factory myself and Harvest Moon on PS. I doubt it will change much in Stardew Valley.
Maybe fruit farming with an orchard while mining pickaxe in hand.
If possible, I'd go in alcohol production with the orchard.
Capitty Aug 8, 2013 @ 11:43am 
Oh, man, I always wanted to make wine to give to the blonde chick in the one Harvest Moon. Rick always made me angry so I didn't want her to marry him. D:< lol

(Karen! That was her name, I think...)
Magzilla Aug 13, 2013 @ 10:07am 
Yeah, her name was Karen. She loved wine, too. :)

I'm mainly going to be focusing on the farming aspect of the game. I will dungeon delve and all of that, but I really want to build up my farm and then get my character married. I'll probably only go to caves mainly on rainy days, since my work day will be pretty non-existent at that point. That's what I do in HM: Animal Parade, anyways. :D
Thomas Octavious Sep 26, 2013 @ 10:27pm 
I haven't played a real Harvest Moon since A Wonderful Life, so I'll try to stay away from monster fighting as long as possible, I assume that includes spelunking.
Capitty Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:35am 
Doesn't have to include fighting. Maybe you just want to farm cave resources. (:
Thomas Octavious Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:01pm 
Yeah, but the cave has monsters in it. Got to fight them off.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50