This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stardew Valley
Dan vs Gabe Newell Feb 21, 2013 @ 3:23am
Аbout the house
In this game, you can build a house, or he'll be ready?
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
NoxiousRaven Feb 24, 2013 @ 10:05am 
Speculation: You get a house from the start that you can upgrade.
Valbarz Feb 24, 2013 @ 12:07pm 
Speculation: You start with really little house and you can modify it as much as you want to, or build another in a different place
Shattermaw Apr 26, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
I really hope that the house doesn't simply have a series of cookie-cutter upgrades. I hope we can add rooms and work with the dimensions. I'd love to be able to lay it out the way I want. Does anyone know how the furniture system is going to work out? Is there a limited set of furniture or can we craft a bunch of different pieces? I saw in the co-op video the two players rearranging furniture which is exciting. The level of customization and freedom looks amazing!

I'm so excited about this game! I've been looking for a game like this for ages, thanks ConcernedApe!

As a side note, I really hope there isn't a cap on the number of animals we can raise. I always wanted to run a large-scale animal farm in games like Harvest Moon but they never let me keep more than a hand full of animals at one time!

This game looks exceptional! Keep up the great work, post more videos and let me know where to throw my money!
DarrellLeon Apr 30, 2013 @ 3:16pm 
Confirmed: The house will have upgrades and the inside of the house you are free to place and remove furniture wherever and however you want.

Speculation: The outside of the house currently is believed to have set upgrades that the player can buy. It increases in size and looks but sadly has no effect customisation wise outside other than that. Inside as stated before, it will increase in size with the house and give even more space to freely place furniture or move the furniture you already have.

A recent screenshot on the website also shows the new starting house model.
DarrellLeon Apr 30, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
Also:

@Shattermaw
The problem with Harvest Moon was they allowed limited building space and therefore only allowed the creation of each building once leaving limited space in your barn for animals.

Though there would still be limited space in each barn for animals meaning in essence there is a limit. You can built an almost limitless amount of Barns if you have the resources available and as a game that brags the ability to build almost anywhere, you're not going to run out of space any time soon either.
Shattermaw May 6, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
That sounds PERFECT :) Yes the limited number of barns was always irritating! I can't wait for this game, I hope it comes out soon! Thanks for your help man
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50