This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stardew Valley
wanabeswordsman Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:15pm
ConcernedApe: ETA for release/open beta?
I doubt you have a set date already in mind, but do you have any idea how long it'll be 'til you can release or do a public beta (if that's your plan)? Weeks, a few months, many months, even longer? Any indication would be hugely appreciated, 'cause I'm looking forward to this more than I am any other game at the moment and the wait is killing me.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Capitty Feb 15, 2013 @ 8:08am 
Definitely this^. My husband just bought me a gift card specifically for spending on this game--cause that's how much I love it. Even if it's a ways off, I GS for an online publishing company and I will wait for this game! (: <3
Scorcher24 Feb 17, 2013 @ 9:02am 
Agreed I wanna play it.
Let me preorder and then play :D.
Lhoto Feb 18, 2013 @ 9:10am 
Official site says 2013, but that isn't specific at all >.>. I know whenever it comes out, I'll be buying it.
NoxiousRaven Feb 18, 2013 @ 3:42pm 
ETA is summer 2013.
Capitty Feb 19, 2013 @ 3:41pm 
Originally posted by Cloakedboltz:
ETA is summer 2013.

Okay, this is what the Official site says:

"FAQ
What is Stardew Valley?

Stardew Valley is an upcoming country-life RPG that you can play on your computer.

Who is creating Stardew Valley?

So far, Stardew Valley has been developed entirely by ConcernedApe.

When is it coming out?

Some time in 2013.

What platforms will I be able to play Stardew Valley on?

PC is the only definite platform, but Mac and Linux are still quite possible.
Will it be multiplayer?

Yes! Stardew Valley will have support for up to 4-player co-op online and over LAN. There are no plans for a split-screen co-op yet.

What will it cost?

There is no set price yet, but it will be very affordable.

Will you release a public alpha/beta?

A closed beta is possible… but there are no plans for one yet. I want the game to be finished so that everyone has a magical first experience in Stardew Valley!

Can I talk about/post videos of your game on Youtube/Twitter?

Yes! Feel free to create any kind of videos about Stardew Valley. You have permission to monetize your YouTube videos featuring Stardew Valley content.

What language is Stardew Valley coded in?

C#."

So where are you getting your information for summer of 2013? I haven't seen that anywhere. /:
*Taylor-Whaley Feb 19, 2013 @ 6:00pm 
You didn't need to quote the entire FAQ page...

Also, he answers the question in an interview with IndieGameHQ here: http://indiegamehq.com/stardew-valley-interview-country-life-rpg/ (Where he states he's loosely aiming for a Summer 2013 release date)

As is said on the FAQ page (and I have confirmed by speaking with him) a CLOSED beta is possible but unlikely. That suggests there'll probably not be a public beta/alpha, which actually makes a whole lot of sense as those aren't very beneficial to the makers of the game anyway.

For now, you'll just have to rely on the press (such as myself) in order to get your Stardew Valley fix.
マイカル Feb 20, 2013 @ 8:53am 
I have this huge list of games im dieing to play.
This being one of the highest on my list. Beside Starbound lol.
And yet there all going for a 2013 middle release date...
Why is it they all have to be released at the same time D;
NoxiousRaven Feb 24, 2013 @ 10:08am 
Open Beta is unlikely but CA said there would be a very limited demo.
DarrellLeon Mar 12, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
Very limited demo will probably be released around the same time as the actual game. The objective of demos is more a try before you buy thing and allows the user to experience a small portion and grasping them in firmly before slapping an access denied, pay to continue sign in their face causing them to clumsily clasp for their wallets in an attempt to appease the game Gods and receive their full featured fantasy thrills.
ancientsandwich Mar 24, 2013 @ 9:55pm 
Originally posted by DarrellLeon:
Very limited demo will probably be released around the same time as the actual game. The objective of demos is more a try before you buy thing and allows the user to experience a small portion and grasping them in firmly before slapping an access denied, pay to continue sign in their face causing them to clumsily clasp for their wallets in an attempt to appease the game Gods and receive their full featured fantasy thrills.

In other words...shut up and take my money?
DarrellLeon Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:12am 
I just like wordy answers. -throws money at screen-
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50