This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stardew Valley
Scorcher24 Jan 3, 2013 @ 1:55am
So how is the game doing on Greenlight?
Rankings etc? Any chance for being greenlit this month?
Give us some details ConcernedApe :D.
Showing 1-15 of 256 comments
< >
NoxiousRaven Jan 3, 2013 @ 3:15pm 
It's weird, there used to be some stats visible by all. Did Steam remove that some time ago?
ConcernedApe  [developer] Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
They show me the percentage toward making the top 100. Right now Stardew Valley is 70% of the way there! Even if the game isn't greenlit I will put it on desura, so you'll be able to play it one way or another.
Terror Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:20pm 
I put it on Reddit and its getting some attention. Hopefully that helps :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/15wdqr/stardew_valley_a_harvest_moon_type_game_on_steam/
Scorcher24 Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:32pm 
Originally posted by ConcernedApe:
They show me the percentage toward making the top 100. Right now Stardew Valley is 70% of the way there! Even if the game isn't greenlit I will put it on desura, so you'll be able to play it one way or another.
Thanks for your answer :). I'd highly prefer it on Steam (Steam Achievements ho :D) but if it is not gonna be greenlit I'll buy it elsewhere for sure.
Last edited by Scorcher24; Jan 3, 2013 @ 6:32pm
Benguin Jan 4, 2013 @ 2:59am 
He could add achievements without steam though \o/
[PWNY] Fluttersnipe Jan 4, 2013 @ 10:24am 
I swear Steam is being shady with Greenlight ever since they removed the progress bar... There is no way this game or Unepic have not been greenlit yet.

And the fact that it's Stardew Valley and Unepic make me even more distrustful of Steam since both games may have a slight copywrite issue. Unepic for example, had parody items from other games/stories you could get in game, and is based on Dungeons & Dragons. And about Stardew, let's be honest, Natsume pretty well has the market cornered on Farming games of this type. I really want both games on Steam, I will buy them regardless mind you. But it still makes me think somethings up...
Last edited by [PWNY] Fluttersnipe; Jan 4, 2013 @ 10:27am
Circle Nine Jan 5, 2013 @ 9:45pm 
I don't think Natsume is paying Steam to keep Stardew Valley from being greenlit, as PC is a system that they have not once developed a game for in the past like 20 years or however long HM has been running now.

Not to mention that Natsume has the market cornered on this type of game because it's super super niche and they have huge name recognition and nostalgia going for them.
Last edited by Circle Nine; Jan 8, 2013 @ 7:27am
[PWNY] Fluttersnipe Jan 8, 2013 @ 2:02pm 
Originally posted by Circle Nine:
I don't think Natsume is paying Steam to keep Stardew Valley from being greenlit, as PC is a system that they have not once developed a game for in the past like 20 years or however long HM has been running now.

I wasn't saying Natsume is making Valve keep it off Steam. I meant that Valve may be worried about being in the middle of some kind of copywrite issue because of the similarities with the HM series, just like Unepic may have issues being to closely tied into Dungeons & Dragons.

NoxiousRaven Jan 8, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
Does Natsume even deal with intellectual properties protection? I think they deal more with localization. The developer is Marvelous Entertainment.
Last edited by NoxiousRaven; Jan 8, 2013 @ 4:31pm
Scorcher24 Jan 8, 2013 @ 8:13pm 
Originally posted by PWNY Fluttersnipe:
Originally posted by Circle Nine:

I wasn't saying Natsume is making Valve keep it off Steam. I meant that Valve may be worried about being in the middle of some kind of copywrite issue because of the similarities with the HM series, just like Unepic may have issues being to closely tied into Dungeons & Dragons.
You cannot protect a game idea. Simple as that. And it is not a 1:1 copy, it has its own art style and it's own ideas.
Mark Jan 16, 2013 @ 2:51am 
Has this been on kotaku yet? I don't remember reading an article about it.

Get it on their site with a positive review and you'll hit 100% in a matter of minutes.
ProfRiles Jan 20, 2013 @ 12:18am 
TAKE MY MONEY!
Coats Jan 20, 2013 @ 3:14am 
I want this game on Steam, please.

I think you need to get the word out a bit more somehow.

When people are able to make "Let's Play" vids the sales will sky-rocket.
monkeypunch87 Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:05am 
Originally posted by ConcernedApe:
I would love an update on these percentages. Could you tell us the the progress on being greenlit?
ConcernedApe  [developer] Jan 22, 2013 @ 9:00am 
Stardew Valley is now 85% of the way to the top 100.
Showing 1-15 of 256 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50