This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stardew Valley
BigFatJuicyMonkeys Mar 10, 2014 @ 3:03am
I'm actually starting to care less and less about this game.
Not gonna give a life story here, but I was extremely excited when I first heard about this game. A year has gone by and honestly, even if this game won't ever come out, I wouldn't be sad. So much time has gone by with very little information given very sparsely.

CA, hire some people to help produciton with the game or, if you're hurting for money for staff, release an early access so you can get some funds to hire some people. If your turnaround time for this game stays the same for when the game is released, if it ever is, debugging and additional content will be a ridiculous wait.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Wargarbler Mar 10, 2014 @ 5:34am 
I'd rather have a finished game than yet another early access title on steam. I am eager for more updates, but I don't think this is a full time thing for the developer. It's not like this game is trying to hit any kind of release schedule, and I've been waiting so long for a game like this that it doesn't really matter when it comes out, I'll be happy to have it.

I just hope it's as great as my expectations have made it seem.
Jedo Mar 10, 2014 @ 7:49am 
Too bad you feel that way.

I'm glad I'm not affected by that kind of impatience. I've got lots of other stuff to play while waiting for this game.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/something-wrong.74212/#post-1863555
Last edited by Jedo; Mar 10, 2014 @ 7:55am
BigFatJuicyMonkeys Mar 10, 2014 @ 9:46am 
Originally posted by Wargarbler:
I'd rather have a finished game than yet another early access title on steam. I am eager for more updates, but I don't think this is a full time thing for the developer. It's not like this game is trying to hit any kind of release schedule, and I've been waiting so long for a game like this that it doesn't really matter when it comes out, I'll be happy to have it.

I just hope it's as great as my expectations have made it seem.
It actually has tried to reach a release goal in the past, which it did not reach, twice I believe. First in summer 2013 and when that was not reached, "before 2014".

I'm actually a very patient person but with such little information for so long, this is one game I can't wait for.
Jedo Mar 10, 2014 @ 10:52am 
You act like it's killing you inside just waiting for it for this long.

Here's a tip, forget about it until something concrete is announced. That's what I do.

Not all deadlines are met. And it is exactly because of post like yours that a lot of developers are VERY reluctant to set a release goal.
BigFatJuicyMonkeys Mar 10, 2014 @ 11:10am 
Originally posted by Jedo:
You act like it's killing you inside just waiting for it for this long.

Here's a tip, forget about it until something concrete is announced. That's what I do.

Not all deadlines are met. And it is exactly because of post like yours that a lot of developers are VERY reluctant to set a release goal.

Yeah, sure I do. *eye roll* I'm tired of waiting, and that's it. I don't have a "i'lldieifthisgamedoesn'tcomeout disease". (cookie for reference)

I'm not the only one and you act like this lone developer issue isn't an issue.

Obvoiusly I'd forget about the game for a long time and do something else. It's the fact that checking up on the game after the last checkup several months previously produces again, very little info.
Jedo Mar 10, 2014 @ 11:17am 
Well good luck being hot and bothered by all this.
BigFatJuicyMonkeys Mar 10, 2014 @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by Jedo:
Well good luck being hot and bothered by all this. :squirtheh:
Good luck with your condescending attitude in life.
Jedo Mar 10, 2014 @ 11:20am 
The only thing this thread accomplished was you trying to pressure a developer by showing a snobby attitude.

And it's not life in particular that I am condescending to. It's impatient people.
Last edited by Jedo; Mar 10, 2014 @ 11:21am
BigFatJuicyMonkeys Mar 10, 2014 @ 11:27am 
I'd be genuinely surprised if I actually managed to pressure anyone. I made one simple statement about how this game's pace could change.

There's a difference between impatience and being left in the dust. It's only been very recently that I grew impatient. I've been just as excited and been looking forward to this game as much as anyone else for as long as if not longer than most of the people here.
#Sweat.Alexis Mar 11, 2014 @ 12:06am 
In a modern society full of instant gratification and babying, it's no wonder so many people flock to forums to hope like-minded individuals will take their "call to arms" as a developer's kick in the ♥♥♥ to "publish a game." For every child who wants his cake and to eat it, too, comes a mature and empathetic gamer who just wishes to take a load off. I'm sure you're content with kicking and screaming, then being hushed to bed by the lack of care by the rest of the community, but I think I, alongside plenty of other people waiting patiently, will be fine if this game comes out in 2015, '16, hell, 2020 could roll around and Stardew Valley can stay in "Dev Hell." Do you have something better to offer? You're a consumer, plain and simple, and as long as you stay such, you have room to complain, but it will fall onto deaf ears.

Go play a more hardcore game if you're going to sit here and post threads about it's release date. It's probably not meant for you.
Capitty Mar 16, 2014 @ 8:48pm 
I do hope that you realize that CA is posting updates on stardewvalley.net; they just aren't being posted here. Honestly, I am more excited by each post. I wait with baited breath for the next installment. I am quite content to continue waiting. There are plenty of other games to play in the mean time. (: (Just got Dungeon Defenders for free on XBL!)
guubear Mar 17, 2014 @ 11:45am 
http://stardewvalley.net/

Patience is a virtue. What is with the instant gratification attitude nowadays?
rcjenn40 Mar 19, 2014 @ 12:00pm 
Well, Wild Season was just successfully Greenlit, and has a listed release date of August - November, so at least it is nice that several Harvest Moon'ish games are coming our way on Steam.

Not sure if there are any others hidden in the Greenlight forest. In any case it looks like we'll be able to get our Harvest Moon fix on the PC someway, somehow this year, so keep the faith.
[!X] Miss IvanPuff Apr 10, 2014 @ 7:28pm 
Have some patience. One guy making everything and continually updating it to make it more glorious takes time! Everytime you can fix bugs or add something new, you can cause more bugs which take time to iron out. I'm happy to wait a while for what will be a nice, polished masterpiece than an early-access bad game. Your loss, buddy.
Big Macintosh Apr 17, 2014 @ 1:08pm 
(just saying) why is early-access a bad thing we all could pich in and also tell him about bugs and give him ideas about what to put in the game am i right or no?
Last edited by Big Macintosh; Apr 19, 2014 @ 6:56pm
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50