This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Elsword
Cappuccino Sep 20, 2012 @ 8:20am
Whats YOUR opinion on elsword being introduced into the Steam network? How do you think this will impact the current community?
Personally, i'm excited about the new portal opening up to draw in potential players. Elsword, in a sense, isn't very well known and is argueably overshadowed by Grand Chase although most would claim Elsword is far superior. I believe that our player base will expand (for better or worse...) And bring a more vibrant life force to the community. And you know, hopefully more people who avidly speak english/speak at all. I'm interested to see what would be in the starter pack however, i'm guessing it'll be an exp token, res stones, enchantment stones, and some other remedial items.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
RL Link Sep 20, 2012 @ 10:23am 
I sorta tried asking them about this via Twitter a while back, glad they decided to capitalize on it. Mostly excided about this because new players will jump in, more specifically, more people I know will jump on it... or so I hope. Would give me a reason to continue playing at least.
MasterEro Sep 20, 2012 @ 4:05pm 
I would very much would like this to happen. It would so help Killer Combo in bringing better services and content to the current and future community. Like i.e. the current community are desiring to have seal removal on the Ice Burner items like the Korean counterpart server has done, but KC cannot implement it due to the needed revenue that comes from the IB sealing system right now. Once this game gets on steam, in effect opening itself to more players and increased cashing, that dream will soon become a possible reality.
Other than the increased streams of trollers, gold sellers, hackers, etc. coming into game (but then again what else is new?), this would be a win-win for everyone. Steam being one of the most highly known and recognized community would definitely help create a lot of opportunities for this game, its developers, and its fanbase.
evandragon6 Sep 22, 2012 @ 5:46pm 
its fine and all if ppl come, but elsword isnt in all tht great a shape as it is, with constant dissconnets and over croweded channels, itl take alot to support the game if steam get in on it, and alos there will be ALOT more ppl spamming wish their k-ching only stuff and selling it on the megas. Dont get me wrong i love the game, but it can and will cause problems if allowed on steam
Cappuccino Sep 22, 2012 @ 7:23pm 
@evandragon6

I completely understand your position, however I have to say i disagree. The Elsword team wishes to provide the most pleasureable experience to all players, and to do this the best move would be to widen the playerbase and ease of access to all. By doing this, we can hope to grow together as a community with a constant stream of fresh blood running through our veins. Also, it is very likely more servers will open up (or atleast channels) to accomidate the new playerbase. In short, have high hopes heroes!
Klarth F Lester Sep 27, 2012 @ 10:03am 
As HUGE as steam is I wouldn't be surprise if NA catches up to Korea, content and revenue wise.
Osuten Sep 29, 2012 @ 11:58am 
Originally posted by Chris<3:
Personally, i'm excited about the new portal opening up to draw in potential players. Elsword, in a sense, isn't very well known and is argueably overshadowed by Grand Chase although most would claim Elsword is far superior. I believe that our player base will expand (for better or worse...) And bring a more vibrant life force to the community. And you know, hopefully more people who avidly speak english/speak at all. I'm interested to see what would be in the starter pack however, i'm guessing it'll be an exp token, res stones, enchantment stones, and some other remedial items.
Yes, I'm excited about Elsword being on Steam as well. A little curious about what's going to be in the starter packages. Hopefully, the Sub-Classes will get released sometime after Elsword gets on Steam..but that's just a hope. I personally don't think they will come out 'till sometime around December.
Osuten Sep 29, 2012 @ 12:00pm 
Originally posted by Chris<3:
@evandragon6

I completely understand your position, however I have to say i disagree. The Elsword team wishes to provide the most pleasureable experience to all players, and to do this the best move would be to widen the playerbase and ease of access to all. By doing this, we can hope to grow together as a community with a constant stream of fresh blood running through our veins. Also, it is very likely more servers will open up (or atleast channels) to accomidate the new playerbase. In short, have high hopes heroes!
I don't care what people do, Elsword will always be a great game. They're bound to add new servers in eventually. Just because Elsword is going to get on Steam doesn't mean that it will start to get worse.
AF2 | RuinerZ Sep 29, 2012 @ 12:08pm 
the 1st day elsword is released on steam * Le Player base Flood *
Osuten Sep 30, 2012 @ 7:11am 
Originally posted by AF2 | RuinerZ:
the 1st day elsword is released on steam * Le Player base Flood *
Yush
Last edited by Osuten; Sep 30, 2012 @ 7:12am
Hawkstein Nov 10, 2012 @ 2:29pm 
Well, this discussion is saying that Grand Chase overshadows this. I'm no fan of both games but at least I know one of the reasons: IP block (the reason why GrandChase is more popular). Also IP blocked games are less likelly to get a home on Steam (since Steam is for all).
Last edited by Hawkstein; Nov 10, 2012 @ 2:30pm
Snake Eater Dec 17, 2012 @ 8:58pm 
" overshadowed by Grand Chase although most would claim Elsword is far superior. " You made a mistake. It's called "Elsword players say Elsword is far superior."
pienation Dec 22, 2012 @ 9:32pm 
rysinger, frankly thats just opnion based in the end. i play both, but i play both for different reasons. Elsword is fun for just running around and blasting things with over powered skills and making things go boom. i play grand chase for the oversized cast of characters and (quite frankly) the art style. i wouldn't say either one is "superior", though, while grand chase is adopting quite a few of elswords features, its unique enough as is. so, i don't think either one is "superior". (though i do think KoG puts more effort into elsword then GC atm)

also, to OP, "whats my opinion on elsword being put onto the steam network"?

i want steam to burn to the ground and valve to go bankrupt and disapear. but thats just me.
HorusDeathtouch Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:22pm 
Oh my, I agree that Elsword is far superior to Grand Chase. Do people actually still play that game?
HorusDeathtouch Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:26pm 
Originally posted by Chris<:
@evandragon6

" Also, it is very likely more servers will open up (or atleast channels) to accomidate the new playerbase."

Like how Vindictus has 200 Channels.....
xLohengrinx Dec 24, 2012 @ 8:03am 
I hope they can fortify the servers if new peeps come to play, had 2x Exp and Drop event recently and the lag was very noticable.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50