This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Elsword
This topic has been locked
Ryu Kaiser Dec 17, 2012 @ 4:12pm
Not voting yes until they remove Stamina.
This has been a day 1 gamebreaker for me. I even did a series way back when of Battle Journals to document how long it took me to get from start to end game... never finished due to boredom. Once I got into the 30s, my stamina bar drained in about 2 hours, and I finally said screw it and went back to DFO.

Elsword isn't a terrible game. It's not supergreat, but it's not terrible. I actually WANT to vote yes... but not until they adapt to an American audience, and remove stamina. I am a grown man. I can tell when to stop playing a game. Even Nexon wisened up, and everyone acts like they're the frelling Dark Lord himself.

I doubt the creators will read this. I even posted this on their facebook page. Elsword, you will not get my vote until you wisen up and remove stamina. Until then, I can, and will, send all my friends, all the people I meet, to Nexon, for DFO, and for Dragon Nest (both of which are scheduled for updates with new classes, actually). So... either make a good business decision, or don't get on Steam. It's that simple.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
LemonLime Dec 17, 2012 @ 5:09pm 
Are you the guy who was also boycotting spiral knight before and called everybody white knight? ..... Good luck on you crusade sir.
The Unicorn Wizard Dec 17, 2012 @ 9:04pm 
The stamina is annoying as heck, yep.
Kongou desu~ Dec 18, 2012 @ 1:23am 
there's a reason why stamina is there. to keep you from sitting in front of your PC grinding for 2 days n die.
Ryu Kaiser Dec 18, 2012 @ 6:02am 
... Wow Killer. Wow. You are SO RIGHT OMG HOW COULD I EVER BE SO WRONG. They're just thinking of my best interests! 2 hours out of my time off is PERFECT, and I certainly won't just turn it off and go play Dungeon Fighter Online instead!...

Seriously. Just don't. I'm an adult, and if I determine I'd rather die in front of a game happily playing rather than being dragged through months of endless suffering and hell in a hospital bed while doctor's just "kinda" treat what's wrong with me only to die a slow, miserable death like my Grandmother did, more power to me, and the gamers that go out that way.

Honestly though, I don't game that much. Sometimes I really get into a game and I just wanna chew on it for about 6 - 8 hours. You and a bunch of Koreans have no right to tell me what my limit is.
Last edited by Ryu Kaiser; Dec 18, 2012 @ 6:03am
NightmareWarden Dec 18, 2012 @ 1:00pm 
I noticed that you were complaining that the unlimited stamina weekends were ending soon. Due to this greenlight project, they have been extended for another 6 months, and if we are fully greenlit, we will get an additional year. Just thought that should be cleared up.

Also, as a long term player of the game, stamina is only really noticeable in certain situations, like new content releases, where the use of stamina is validated as a whole because it reduces the potentially overwhelming demand on the servers. That being said, if you need to kill some time while playing the game, you can just make a new character, since stamina is character dependent. And if you're really that desperate to waste 8 hours on the same character, various event quests, etc., can get you potions that increase your stamina meter by 30%.

And for the record, I like Dungeon Fighter as well.
Ryu Kaiser Dec 18, 2012 @ 3:08pm 
Lovely, so they're holding the stamina hostage, both to get you to buy potions, and to get you to vote for them. Y'know, I'd vote yes if they'd remove stamina forever. I might even THINK about it if stamina were only used for item drops, which is what DFO did to stop farming. Thing is, though, I see no reason to vote for, or play the game, if I can get equal enjoyment from another game that doesn't have those rules. In fact, holding such things hostage just enrages me more.

I can appreciate you liking both game. I like them both as well. I've clearly stated the only thing holding this game back is the stamina. I will not, however, be giving them my business, much less my patronage, until they stop trying to screw up my gaming by making it ok to have stamina systems, that games can still be popular while having a nanny system in place. If servers are the problem, then they should get with it and buy new servers, do some upgrades.

I played the crap out of Grand Chase. I've unlocked every character up to Rufus, every class up to his 3rd. I played till it got boring, and loved every minute of it. Why the heck do they have to ruin the sequel with such an idiotic system? Greed. They want you to buy up them staminas potions, and use the lowest class servers they can afford to use. It's cheap, slimy, and makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

The fact we all begged them to remove stamina at the end of beta test (I was a closed beta tester) shows they won't even listen to their testers. Much less make your class costume you EARN permanent. It's just Greed.
Last edited by Ryu Kaiser; Dec 18, 2012 @ 3:11pm
xLohengrinx Dec 18, 2012 @ 3:43pm 
I honestly have no qualms with the stamina, dunno why your so worked up about it. Play till the bar is empty, do some pvp maybe. Do something productive maybe? You are an adult and you know your limit you say? The last message you posted shows that you don't clearly, since you so called played the crap out of Grand Chase... -_- Just saying.
NightmareWarden Dec 19, 2012 @ 6:43am 
I can understand your frustration about the stamina, but at the same time, I can see why they won't do away with it, as well as not giving perm. class costumes (I'm equally miffed about that one, as it would be amazing...). In the end though, I don't think their holding these hostage, as they will find a way to give the players small parts of what they want, while keeping enough available in through other that they can function financially as a company... not that it matters to you, though.

In short, yeah, stamina can suck a little, but the game has grown to the point where its a near moot point for most players at this time.
☆Tsukiki☆ Dec 19, 2012 @ 11:44am 
I've never even drained Stamina unless I really wanted a newly really class of some sort.... otherwise I'm fine with it, I would like to see it drop down at a decreased rate at some point, but I don't see any reason why it should be removed entirely.
Totenkreuz Dec 19, 2012 @ 5:34pm 
"Why the heck do they have to ruin the sequel with such an idiotic system? Greed. They want you to buy up them stamina potions"
That comment right there kinda through me off. If you bothered to play more than 3 days, you'd know that you are not able to buy Stamina potions. Also, they put the stamina system out so people won't spend all day on this game. Yes, the stamina system was a little bit of a problem when I first joined because I was so excited to actually play and all but was sadly halted by the stamina. But after you play for a good 2 weeks, you'll get used to it. It's not that big of a problem. If you run out of stamina you can easily go and PvP maybe. Or go and learn new combos for your class. Can easily go and make new friends by just chatting with random people. Or even just get off for the day and find something else to do for the time being. It's truly not a big problem the way you're putting it. If Kill3rCombo was truly greedy they would've increased the stamina lost in each dungeon run and put up stamina potions in the Item Mall for 1000 K-Ching each. Hell, they're even giving us Unlimited Stamina on weekends and it was extended for another 6 months. And on top of that, they're still giving us events and things to do to keep us busy if we're capped or just bored on the game. If the stamina system is truly that much of a problem then why complain? Just go back to whatever game you were playing before.

Two, the Class PROMOTION costumes won't be permanent just for the simple reason that it's for promotional reasons. Not to act as a permanent costume. Yes many people like the costumes but it's promotional for a reason. They do enough events to where you can get a free Item Mall costume/accessories or even free accessories in-game if you just work at it.
But, to each his own.
ZeroKitsunei Dec 19, 2012 @ 8:28pm 
It would be bearable if they didn't make you wait till 3am PST. Now I could see them keep it if it was like: you play for like 4 hrs, then stam is 100% after an hr. AND this isn't like the people boycotting Spiral Knights. In SK it was a machanic that is used to make people spend money on CE. In Elsword you just straight up can't play.

I would even rather see the Rusty Heats mechanic where after the "stamina" bar is empty you get less exp. No oh you just can't play. News flash Im not on the game to "connect to an online community" "chat after doing a few runs". Im here to play your game, usually with friends, that are just as turned off by this mechanic just as much. The people who wanna say "oh they made the weekends free" you can go ♥♥♥♥ right off! How about I play the game in my time! I have things to do on the weekends.

All I wanna do it play your for a few hrs after work or something and if you wont let me i'll take my free cash and go find something else.
Ryu Kaiser Dec 19, 2012 @ 8:52pm 
Toten, I was told that they were now selling Stamina Pots. My information misleads me. I did however play for almost 2 weeks to get to 30 something. Also, I was speaking of the class costumes you got from changing class, the ones that look like the artwork. I literally fought for that costume, did the long, stupid missions, and I got them taken from me, and there's no way to get them back. No thank you.

For you, Zero Kitsunei, a brofist.
Chamurai Dec 19, 2012 @ 9:23pm 
The stamina bar is an issue that does get annoiying when an event is going on i guess. For one it keeps you from lvling up in 1 day which is possible to do 1-40+ lvl if you party up and use the channel bonus or you buy a doulbe exp medal to even speed you up more.(Lets not forget the MVP bonus also.) They have noted players dislike the stamina system so they did the party up thing which is have a party of 2-4 and your stamina drops even less then doing runs by yourself.
Stamina potions im not sure about them actually selling them it was sorta rare to get them unless from an event where i got 12 at most (Not limited amount given) I could say also the job change costumes should have a way of getting them perm because in honest opinion most them item mall costumes are bad but not all. But what can you do? You just play the game , enjoy it and have fun and if you cant there are sites that can show you other games to play
JCgamer18 Dec 20, 2012 @ 4:39pm 
who cares about the stamina you can have multiple characters and once you get to higher levels it lasts for several hours not to mention unlimited stamina weekends and its a good thing for stamina because it gets me to do something else like work out. It really doesnt bother me and to me the game is still really good even with it dont vote on one issue because its stupid its like if i dont want to vote for knights online because i dont like the chat system its not a smart way to vote
Walnootje Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:34am 
I am amazed Skillz even bother to reply to him even when he is using threats.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
Per page: 15 30 50