This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Blockscape
Max Power Sep 10, 2013 @ 6:06am
Mobs & Gameplay
Does anyone know what the plans are regarding mobs/npcs and the overall gameplay?

I'm thinking about buying. The game certainly looks amazing, like minecraft with infinitely more detail. My concern is, that it will also play like minecraft: no real goals, extremely simple AI, very limited mob diversity, a rather static world overall...

So my point is, minecraft is an impressive sandbox engine, good for people who want to spend days and hours just building stuff, but the devs forgot to create an actual game on top of that. Do you think, blockscape will be more "playable", motivating and alive/dynamic?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Zamaszysty Sep 12, 2013 @ 11:19pm 
I think this will be more of a tool to create awesome, immersive worlds by players design. At least that is what I hope for. In such situation I would prefer NPCs to be available like any other object, so You can put them in specified spots and give them exact bahavior. Maybe some sort of simple scripting mechanism for NPCs that would include "where to go", "who o attack" and "what to say and who to talk with" is what I would prefer, but really it's all up to th devs ;)
lego.exe Sep 13, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
I agree.
Originally posted by Zamaszysty:
I think this will be more of a tool to create awesome, immersive worlds by players design. At least that is what I hope for. In such situation I would prefer NPCs to be available like any other object, so You can put them in specified spots and give them exact bahavior. Maybe some sort of simple scripting mechanism for NPCs that would include "where to go", "who o attack" and "what to say and who to talk with" is what I would prefer, but really it's all up to th devs ;)
Max Power Sep 13, 2013 @ 5:16pm 
As long as the engine provides the necessary functionality for creating complex npc behaviour, persistency and world interaction, I guess I wouldn't mind using mods that make use of it.

But IF the engine is capable of all that, I don't see why there shouldn't be any vanilla npcs&mobs for it, to be honest.
C0G Sep 14, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
the dev has plans to add mobs npc villages and so on but the game is still early in development and right now its just him working on it.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50