This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Blockscape
bryantz95 Aug 2, 2013 @ 11:40pm
Can I Play It?
I just found this game on Greenlight a couple days ago and eagerly await its release on Steam (when will this happen?). The demo of Blockscape ran with a bit of lag but otherwise OK, but something they are calling "Snapshots" aren't running so well. The older ones ran with lots of lag and crashing, while the newer ones ran like the demo but crashed randomly. I don't have a great computer for gaming: it has 4gb of RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics card and an i3 processor which runs at 1.80GHz. I don't know a lot about gaming with computers, as I usually play on consoles, and the requirements aren't released (as far as I know) because it is still in development. I read on the devlog that he was working on th engine so that it would run more efficiently using 1.5GB of main memory (is that RAM?) and 300mb of graphics memory (I think my graphics card can run it?) on max view distance. Will the real game run better? Before I buy it, I'd like to be sure I can play it at all.

EDIT: My computer is a laptop, if that makes a difference.
Last edited by bryantz95; Aug 2, 2013 @ 11:42pm
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
[Lethalvriend] Aug 27, 2013 @ 5:23am 
I think your best bet would be to wait for the new 'build' and see if you can run without too much lag. The crashes are simply because the game is a work in progress so there are going to be errors with the code that should get fixed over time.
Last edited by [Lethalvriend]; Aug 27, 2013 @ 5:23am
=/DR\= Gooplux Aug 27, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
ehh hard to say i dont know much either but that 4 GB of ram sounds like a problem you want at least eight for most games twelve GB's for newer ones. (saints row IV, PAYDAY 2, etc)
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50