Tato hra dostala od komunity zelenou!

Komunita projevila o tuto hru zájem. Společnost Valve je nyní v kontaktu s vývojáři, aby se věci pohly správným směrem a hra byla vydána ve službě Steam.

Crimsonland
Martoon 14. lis. 2012 v 3.38 odp.
Weapon balancing
In addition to making the blow torch useful, I'd like to see more weapon balancing overall. It seemed like the less interesting weapons like the plasma shotgun were the most effective, while the more interesting ones like the rocket launcher and ion gun weren't as effective. So high score chasing meant getting something like the plasma shotgun and keeping it through the game.

Maybe if there were an incentive to switch weapons more? Like if the weapon you were using very gradually became weaker, but then gradually ramped up again over time if you used other weapons (so there was a benefit to rotating between a variety of weapons).
Zobrazeno 1-14 z 14 komentářů
< >
10tons  [vývojář] 15. lis. 2012 v 12.57 dop. 
Overall weapon balancing is definitely doable. It'll probably be impossible to get all the weapons exactly equal for high scores, and it has crossed our minds that maybe each weapon should get a leaderboard of their own. We of course wouldn't dump the old game modes tough.

First things first though; let's get the game greenlit and on Steam!
[MM] WMan22 15. lis. 2012 v 2.59 dop. 
Some subtle weapon balance tweaks for the weapons he listed sound nice i guess, but not what he said about "Like if the weapon you were using very gradually became weaker, but then gradually ramped up again over time if you used other weapons (so there was a benefit to rotating between a variety of weapons)." What if i just want to use the jackhammer or shotgun version of the gauss gun the whole game? I'd hate to be penalized in any way for having a favorite weapon that i don't want to switch from, and i don't want to have to wait for a chance of getting a random perk that allows me to tell the game that "No, i do not want these guns to degrade. Let me keep using them with classic weapon balancing please."

It may be just me, but i like the weapons the way they already are, to be honest.
Naposledy upravil [MM] WMan22; 15. lis. 2012 v 3.05 dop.
Spydrebyte 15. lis. 2012 v 10.06 odp. 
Call me stupid but id love to dual wield pistols and uzi's :D ... just a random note :)
10tons  [vývojář] 18. lis. 2012 v 11.35 odp. 
Dual wield is definitely on the wishlist for a possible Crimsonland 2, and I guess it'd be natural to look into it as an update to Crimsonland. It's just one of those inherently cool things.
omeg 20. lis. 2012 v 8.07 dop. 
Yeah, plasma shotgun was the best thing for racking up high scores, but that's because in survival mode you had fire bullets constantly after some time. Then the moment you ran out of powerups you were overwhelmed. Would be nice if powerups affected some of the less favourite weapons in a better way.
DeeDoubleU 28. lis. 2012 v 3.31 dop. 
Possible Crimsonland 2?
People at your forums still waiting for it. Can you share more info or you tied by nda?
Anarchist Alarm Tech 16. pro. 2012 v 11.48 odp. 
Plasma shotgun was great but for survival mode the Jackhammer could be just as good if not better. Fire bullets + super high rate of fire = dead monsters.

The game really became about timing your powerups. A shield picked up to soon would ruin you.
Lucas 117 18. pro. 2012 v 2.51 dop. 
Whatever you do, please don't make the game more "accessible". Much of Crimsonland's charm (in my own humble opinion) comes from its difficulty, and the fact that it doesn't hold your hand.

And not that it really needs to -- it's a pretty self-explanatory game. Shoot stuff and don't die.
Martoon 18. pro. 2012 v 9.47 dop. 
Lucas 117 původně napsal:
and don't die.
Dammit, I knew there was something I was doing wrong.
Irobeth 19. pro. 2012 v 2.38 odp. 
Only viable weapons are Jackhammer/Gauss Shotgun and that's a technical limitation.

If the size of the bullet array were bigger, Plasma Shotgun would outclass both
pavelsavilov 16. čvc. 2013 v 3.26 odp. 
Plasma Shotgun + Jackhammer is the best! 27kk in survival mode =)
OttoNL 17. lis. 2013 v 12.42 odp. 
Imo the weapons are almost perfect as they are. I loved all ion weapons personally, they kicked ♥♥♥ but the slower ion rifles could have a sliightly higher rate of fire though. So I would prefer as little changes as possible.
But I wouldn't mind having the blowtorch removed personally as the flamethrower is basically the same thing and isn't even all that usefull as reloading is a dangerous situation with all the monsters so near to you.
MaxLightningUK 18. lis. 2013 v 7.44 dop. 
An upgrade system could also be considered. Upgrades are the main hook in most games anyway because the player wants to see what's possible. A bit of creativity with this aspect could take you a long way.
OttoNL 5. led. v 10.02 dop. 
Upgrades are already possible though the perk system. I'm not sure but I think you lose the +25% clip size bonus when you pick up a new gun for instance.

Some weapons will stay a bit crummy though, but if every weapon would be perfect you wouldn't be happy when a plasma shotgun drops.
Naposledy upravil OttoNL; 5. led. v 10.02 dop.
Zobrazeno 1-14 z 14 komentářů
< >
Na stránku: 15 30 50