This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

The Treasures of Montezuma 3
Amateur Oct 31, 2012 @ 1:02pm
Treasures of Montesuma is the action-filled puzzle [discussion]
I've compared Bejeweled 3 and Treasures of Montesuma. Well, ToM has much *much* more dynamics than Bejeweled. ToM made me play every evening and night for some weeks just to train my attention and reaction (not to say earn some in-game achievements) while Bejeweled 3 have gravely bored me after 5 minutes.
If you have anything to add - feel free to post here. The only requirement is, please, try this game first via demo or something.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
DarkGriffin Dec 24, 2012 @ 8:49am 
I played the first ToM 4 times through. It was that awesome. I have played Bejeweled 1,2 (my favorite),and 3(ice mode is awesome for inducing heart attacks). In between each one, the Treasures of Montezuma kept calling me back to play again.

In short, the thing that keeps drawing me back is the late game levels past mid-game. I love how you simply do not have enough time to finish the level without using the time clock boost, and the dynamic of carefully cycling the colors to give yourself more of the colors you need. Bejewled has this dynamic but kept it simple and built into other gameplay directions instead. Treasures perfected it by simply giving each color a completely different power over the field when matched up. You can lose simply by matching the wrong colors too many times in a row, and that adds a subtle, but distinct amount of weight and depth to each match you choose to make. Yes, it's often cruel, but that element of chance is exactly why I keep coming back for another round.

I missed out on 2 and 3, I didn't think they would make a series of it. Assuming they kept the late game mechanics of saving up extra time tiles and keeping track of future matches being nessessary for success, this would be an instant buy.

I'd love for there to be a "complete collection" on Steam with all three games in a pack for a small discount. It would give Steam a bit of an edge, and let old fans like me catch up in one purchase.
Last edited by DarkGriffin; Dec 24, 2012 @ 8:51am
Rainbow Dash Feb 4, 2014 @ 5:12am 
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50