This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Heroes & Generals
Viper Dec 6, 2012 @ 3:47pm
Opinions? H&G or WW2OL?
Heroes & Generals
vs.
World War Two Online (also listed in Greenlight)

Which warrants a greenlight more? Similar concepts, with differences I notice as follows:

WWII Online is one single entirely open world, whereas Heroes & Generals creates 12v12 (soon 16v16) battle-rooms for each battle.

Heroes & Generals looks better, generally gets better framerates, and has better netcode than WWII Online.

WWII Online has extensively realistic ballistics and physics (armament vs. armor calculations) involvement, whereas Heroes & Generals is less realistic.

Heroes & Generals Free2play gives you more than WWII Online's Free2play, and H&G costs less on the highest subscription level.

WWII Online has been around since 2002 (constant development since then because it's an MMO), Heroes & Generals is brand new (also likely to be long-term constant development endeavor).

Opinions? Corrections? Thoughts? Let's hear it!
Last edited by Viper; Dec 6, 2012 @ 3:47pm
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
< >
JedZeppelin Dec 7, 2012 @ 10:02am 
Heroes and Generals at the moment is 16vs16 players but will increase over time and heroes and generals isn't released yet so it is unfair to compare the two.
Bruin Dec 7, 2012 @ 12:07pm 
The only thing is WWIIOL has the factions (coutrys) and thats one of the main reasons why people like it so much. But ya this is still a beta you still have so much time to make improvments.
MasacruAlex Dec 14, 2012 @ 9:30am 
WWII is kinda like planetside 2 except set in WWII, realistic, and even a MUCH BIGGER MAP!!! , you can walk in that game for 10 minutes and still be far from where you wanna be while heroes is more arcade compared to WWII online.
Levesque727 Dec 15, 2012 @ 3:02pm 
playes bate and for me wwiionline is
10x better
Viper Dec 15, 2012 @ 7:25pm 
I agree WWII Online is better
Gus the minion Dec 29, 2012 @ 4:30pm 
wwii online have to update game for ages no good graphics machine is an old game and to play if you dont have money you dont get in
Dondergod Dec 31, 2012 @ 1:35am 
WWIIOL had more potential, but it's not used. Therefore I find H&G better.
King of Kings Jan 7, 2013 @ 6:05pm 
i would say Heroes & Generals are better, you waste MUCH time (like 30 mins) on traveling then u get 5 mins of action, u die and start over in WW2 OL.
Last edited by King of Kings; Jan 8, 2013 @ 5:57am
MasacruAlex Jan 8, 2013 @ 2:38am 
I just want this one on steam already for now!
Last edited by MasacruAlex; Jan 8, 2013 @ 2:39am
Strike1Delta Jan 9, 2013 @ 2:55am 
BOTH great games but with the open development of H and G and a clean slate it will take over. I played WW2OL for a while it's great too. It's outdated, but the scale of the map is the key. If H&G ever goes that route it will bury W2OL. I love WW2OL community due to it's maturity and I hope a bunch of 12 year old cod players flood the game. Keep the community standards up.
Gaffy Jan 9, 2013 @ 6:03am 
Have played both. H&G has far greater potential, basically everything we wanted fixed in WWII Online, but that is still a bit off. Remember, it's far from done and in beta, but still campaign play is a joke at best so don't expect much there. It should improve as more campaign features are implemented though. The FPS side is far better than WWII but I do miss the size of the maps sometimes and the maneuver options it provides.

The place where WWII wins is in playability now (Duh, several years live vs Beta) and Dev, Admin, Moderators. The Rats seem far more attentive to their customers. H&G not so much. Admins and moderators seem to act based on their whims vice any set of rules. Note, all admis and moderators appear to be Axis players and the 'enforcement' of rules tends to show that. The reason that irks me is because I'm also an Axis player and we don't need that kind of help to beat the allies on a constant basis.

But like any game that wants money over a long period, that too might be worked out. Again, the game is worth a try, just know what it is you are getting into. As for the decision of which to play now? First answer, do you want better potential but more headaches now or a game ready to play in all aspects but one that probability will never reach that next step in gaming?

Happy gaming.
Tomppelix May 8, 2013 @ 11:41am 
Originally posted by Strike1Delta:
BOTH great games but with the open development of H and G and a clean slate it will take over. I played WW2OL for a while it's great too. It's outdated, but the scale of the map is the key. If H&G ever goes that route it will bury W2OL. I love WW2OL community due to it's maturity and I hope a bunch of 12 year old cod players flood the game. Keep the community standards up.

u hope to ruin the community of wwiiol by 12 years old cod fats?? or did u forgot one word between there??
Tomppelix May 8, 2013 @ 11:50am 
my answer is WWII Online, i am pretty sure that someone has hacked the games netcodes and like that so stats stopped working and for while new accounts cannot been made and etc...
now we have 238 Heroes / 300 in WWII Online community, and with those 300, CRS will get a coder and start to fixing the game`s bugs and then development new things and remake what we loved!

and what comes to the community? half of the deside for wwii online is community, it is awesome, NO OTHER like this! i can talk to the DOC in the GAME instead of trying to get answer VIA email which will never get tou you...

also the scale of the map is one reason why i like it... some times.. MASSIVE PARADROP!!
i loved to see 70 men in same paratrooper drop, but sadly... the bugs and those got 80% of the players to move, but what i have heard, they will return when the game is fixed! thank you!

also! you can fly a plane from england to axis factories and bomb them and then axis side will have slower supply income! that one thing what i love in it too!!

and.. when using different bricade`s tanks, they have different LOGO for the bricade! AWESOME!!

WWII ONLINE FOR EVER!!
MasacruAlex May 8, 2013 @ 4:24pm 
WWII ONLINE FOR LIAF!
Viper May 10, 2013 @ 6:08am 
Cornered Rat Software. The name is so appropriate, now more than ever. How many times have these guys been cornered, and pushed through to make the game THEY wanted to make? The core staff has been fighting an uphill battle since way before WW2OL even - like the mid '90's - and they are still here, still fighting. My money is still with CRS and WW2OL because they have a proven track record of hard work, unparalleled dedication to their craft, and listening to their community.
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50