This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Cry of Fear
NOK3R Feb 28, 2013 @ 7:47am
Any update on steam release date ?
I have not heard any update about the release of this game on steam . Do you know when it will be released ??
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Splitz Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:00am 
It was originally going to be released on the 1st anniversary of Cry of Fear but the HL update ♥♥♥♥ed things up so now they're concertating on the mod so that they can fix the bugs.
NOK3R Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:08am 
oh ... i wonder how long it will take them to fix the bugs and be ready to release it .....
Splitz Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:14am 
Originally posted by ^9-{^5FTRG^9}-^2NoK3R:
oh ... i wonder how long it will take them to fix the bugs and be ready to release it .....
We don't know, all you have to do is wait
NOK3R Feb 28, 2013 @ 9:09am 
i know ... damn i have been waiting for this since the day it was greenlit ...
gusgreco7 Mar 1, 2013 @ 2:10am 
since it will be standalone why is it influenced by halflife update?
Splitz Mar 1, 2013 @ 7:24am 
Originally posted by gusgreco:
It's because if the Mod version is unplayable then there won't be any CoF to play :/
NOK3R Mar 1, 2013 @ 11:50pm 
because the standalone will be based on the mod
Eyeless Jack Mar 10, 2013 @ 12:47am 
guys i see there in no ♥♥♥♥ing way the will put it on steam we waiting for this here and 2 years ♥♥♥♥ this ♥♥♥♥
Zero Mar 10, 2013 @ 10:42pm 
Do you think it'll be out this month or the next?
NOK3R Mar 11, 2013 @ 4:39am 
i dont know ... well ... dayz will buy me some time ;)
Kiath Mar 12, 2013 @ 12:05am 
i hope they will release it soon and co op because i'm too scared to play alone >.>
janetmillsrice Mar 16, 2013 @ 6:16am 
looks good!
Plumtree Mar 20, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
Originally posted by gusgreco:

Originally posted by ^9-{^5FTRG^9}-^2NoK3R:

Yeah guys, it sucks and all, but you have to realize making a mod is not simple. This is a total conversion of half life, all from scratch. The Half Life update made changes to the engine, and totally ruined all half life mods. It will probably take a while to fix, but you must be patient. I know, the mod is freakin amazing, I love it, I beat it like 12 times, but they really are trying their best to get this mod out asap
riki noob Mar 20, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
AceOfSpades, that was well said. They have to find the new coding and place any new coding into the mod. Problem is, they used 'Spirit of Half-Life', a Source-code modification to do it, so they cannot do a simple 'Difference Checker' methood, it will all have to be hand-done, and the coder James said that the new update was full of steam crap.
DarkaneDReaper Apr 6, 2013 @ 2:54pm 
The stand-alone was anounced to be released this month.
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50