This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
♥Scurve♥ Nov 3, 2012 @ 8:18pm
Changes for the Steam Version?
I'm wondering if there will be any changes involved for the Steam version.

I'm guessing that there will be a different pricing plan than $40 for 6 licenses. Is it safe to assume that licenses via Steam will be sold one at a time? (A 4-pack/6-pack would also be handy.)

Also, the official website lists that there some online multiplayer capabilities have been implemented, but will there be Steam-based matchmaking available?

This looks really neat. I hope this one gets greenlit.
Last edited by ♥Scurve♥; Nov 3, 2012 @ 8:19pm
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Necroscourge Nov 6, 2012 @ 10:50pm 
How Steam works is you purchase a copy of a game just as you would at the store. Like any other game that supports larger groups of players, Artemis will likely have options availible to purchase multiple copies of the game for friends.

The last time I checked, Artemis lacked matchmaking for the obvious reason. Why would you want to automatically be paired with strangers in a game you play with people in the same room?
♥Scurve♥ Nov 6, 2012 @ 11:06pm 
I'll try again with less loaded language, then.

* How much will the game cost? Currently a single license sells for roughly $6.67.
* Will 4-pack (or 6-pack) bundle purchases be available?
* Will users without interested friends have the option to join to a game via a matchmaking system?
pvtnum11 Nov 8, 2012 @ 9:42pm 
Although I think playing over-the-net to be less than ideal (I've done it once), it can be done. Would be neat if there was a "find a crew" feature on Steam. Pick what position you want to do, find a crew that needs that position, and bam, jump into things.
brian.sommers777 Nov 16, 2012 @ 11:28am 
I love this! wow.. it needs to be able to do exactly the same thing but over the internet..one person on each station forms a crew.. then everyone can form up and have multiple ships/crews or it can be a freee for all.. ..I think this sim as amazing potential
xColdxFusionx Nov 30, 2012 @ 10:35pm 
My guess is 1 copy will be $7.00/$7.50 and a 6-pack will be $40.
Also, as mentioned above, a matchmaking feature would be interesting, and would definitely make buying one copy at a time a more feasible option.
KaosReigns Dec 16, 2012 @ 10:12am 
You guys are misunderstanding how the 40$ works. You dont get 6 actual licenses.

You get 1 license and you share that 1 between the 5 other people. If the OTHER people decide they like it and would like to host their own bridge, they must purchase a copy of their own.

@Brian.sommers777 - There is a net function for it, but the main idea of the game was to create a lan bridge and role play out a scenario. The net function is based off 1 person hosting a server, and the others logging in over their pcs, communication is done through a program like Teamspeak or Ventrilo. It honestly takes away from the effect its trying to create when played over the net.
Last edited by KaosReigns; Dec 16, 2012 @ 10:15am
♥Scurve♥ Dec 16, 2012 @ 2:13pm 
One license shared with six other people, who are expected to buy their own license to host their own bridge? That sounds not quite in line with Steam's product delivery system (also you won't find too many $40 games around here that aren't AAA titles.)

Which is why I asked in the first place what kind of pricing the devs had in mind.
A88mph Dec 16, 2012 @ 7:46pm 
I would imagine Artemis on Steam would cost about $7 with a $35 6-pack available.

It would also have Steam's account DRM stuff.
Last edited by A88mph; Dec 16, 2012 @ 7:47pm
JSilvanus Jan 1, 2013 @ 7:46am 
Perhaps two kinds of licenses/games, like Captain version for a bigger sum and Bridge Console version for bridge officers for a small sum.
Bozworth Jan 4, 2013 @ 6:44am 
it's very simple... $40 for the game SERVER which then has open 6 slots for players to join. you could have spectator slots as well.
Last edited by Bozworth; Jan 4, 2013 @ 6:45am
A88mph Jan 4, 2013 @ 10:18am 
Originally posted by Bozworth:
it's very simple... $40 for the game SERVER which then has open 6 slots for players to join. you could have spectator slots as well.

maybe, but Artemis, as it is now, is not really a spectator game.
techbear  [developer] Jan 17, 2013 @ 9:53pm 
--* How much will the game cost? Currently a single license sells for roughly $6.67.
--* Will 4-pack (or 6-pack) bundle purchases be available?

Valve has never contacted me to discuss such things, and until Artemis gets greenlit, I have no idea what pricing and sales structures would be like. I can assure you it won't be out of line with my existing prices.

--* Will users without interested friends have the option to join to a game via a matchmaking system?

Valve has that tech, and if they want to share it with me to make a better Artemis, I'm gonna listen.
♥Scurve♥ Jan 17, 2013 @ 11:17pm 
<3

Thanks for responding! This is probably the Greenlight game I'm most excited about. I've got a few friends coming by in a couple months and am scrambling to get a borrowed projector for the occasion, but having a wider playerbase would probably make it simpler to get a game together.
SnarfFu Feb 16, 2013 @ 9:19pm 
I get it's for LAN, but without well intagrated internet support this game will die. Please don't half ♥♥♥ it. I really wana play but I would have to find an internet crew.
DarkMonkey Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:24am 
It certainly wouldn't be impossible to offer the game for the standard $40, but through the magic of steam have it delivered as six gifts to be distributed as you please
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50