This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Folk Tale
Thjálfi Nov 2, 2012 @ 6:43pm
A Suggestion
I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place for this, but I'd like to propose (if possible) that the climate of your town can be selectable, and each one has different pros and cons.
Like a winter climate might have more difficult farming, but far more numerous wild animals. That sort of things.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Games Foundry  [developer] Nov 2, 2012 @ 7:44pm 
Makes sense, and something that could be achieved by selecting a game map. It would be difficult to add variable climates to all maps, e.g. snow storms in a desert map.
Thjálfi Nov 3, 2012 @ 1:57pm 
Instead of snow storms, they might get a locust storm.

Edit: To expand a little...

Climate: Temperate
Pros: Abundant game and resources. Easy farming.
Cons: Goblins don't mind Temperate climates.
Disasters: Blizzards, Hurricanes.

Climate: Alpine Tundra
Pros: Vast Quantities of game and other resources. Goblins don't like the cold that much.
Cons: Farming is far more difficult, houses must be built to withstand the biting cold.
Disasters: Blizzards, Frosts.

Climate: Desert
Pros: Goblins HATE the sand and the dryness and the heat. Migratory game is common.
Cons: Farming is limited to select floodlands.
Disaters: Locust swarms, sand storms.

Climate: Marshland
Pros: Farming is incredibly easy and bountiful
Cons: Disease runs rampant, and the Goblins are at home in the murky swamps.
Disasters: Floods, insect attacks.

Something like that, maybe? If I'm coming off as arrogent, I apologize.
Last edited by Thjálfi; Nov 3, 2012 @ 3:16pm
Games Foundry  [developer] Nov 3, 2012 @ 5:25pm 
There are a number of suggestions here that can be developed. The scope of the demo is now fixed, but certainly after that we'll add these ideas for inclusion in the next team review meeting so that they may be incorporated into the full game. Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas.
GninjaGnome Nov 6, 2012 @ 6:22am 
Goblins do hate the sand. It gets everywhere.
These do sound like fun ideas :)
Pwnaqe5 Dec 2, 2012 @ 7:25pm 
Yes, Seasons i think should be implemented at some point. And i do think they should have Effects on Farming, Combat, Etc.
Trilion Dec 14, 2012 @ 12:30pm 
I'd love to see an option to actually start at a certain climate but also that seasons are implemented into the game which does effect various ingame factors such as combat, farming etc. But one of the most important things that I wish to point out, is that if seasons are implemented. Please, please do so we can change the duration of each season.
iowastate Jan 13, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
depending on where you go in the land you could be in a Yorkshire village or farm or elsewhere in the Island from Wales to Scotland with the various climates and of course seasons.
or is it mainland Europe.
bvshark89 Jan 16, 2013 @ 9:14am 
If climates can have seasons it would be great too, a normal year season rotation. They will have to stock food to winter and preparing themselves to get trought the hard season, probably when hungry goblins would attack O: (sry for grammar, hehe)
iowastate Jan 18, 2013 @ 6:24am 
I have noticed a few games have conditions that require you to dresss warmly in certain areas and some have seasons that show rain or snow over over the land depending on where you are but for the most part the seasons have little or no effect on the game and I reckon because it is either prohibititvely difficult or would raise the cost of the game too much to implement said effects
bvshark89 Jan 18, 2013 @ 12:51pm 
Yeah, but It is great when implemented, gives a lot dynamics and management options O:
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50