Эта игра уже доступна в Steam!

Спасибо, что помогли этой игре оказаться в магазине Steam. Более подробную информацию, включая ссылку на страницу в магазине, вы можете найти ниже.

Folk Tale
Army_turtle 29 сен, 2012 в 22:34
Multiplayer
how would the multiplayer and co-op work? would players be alowed to be different races or both be human, and in co-op would players get one town or have multiple towns and if not how would the recources be shared?
Показано 115 из 21 комментариев
< >
Games Foundry  [Разработчик] 30 сен, 2012 в 4:15 
In PVP, the current plan is to have one side play humans, the other side goblins, but it really depends on whether we design multiplayer-only maps. Placing human buildings in a swamp may look a bit odd, so to enable the player to select the race, the map would have to be fairly generic, which sounds a bit boring visually.

In co-op, both players would work on the same town. How we avoid conflicting commands to the same units is still to be determined. It could for example involve a split between roles of economy and military, with one player controlling the economy able to control buildings and units associated with that, and a friend defending the town with military units and buildings. It all needs to be play tested to find the most enjoyable setup.
OJCtheScourge 30 сен, 2012 в 19:03 
The only thing that could convince my brother to play is being able to play the Dwarves.
Poseyhead 3 окт, 2012 в 18:04 
For co-op, I think they should have a same resource pool, and the town is split in half, and each player could build into each others, but there would be no conflicting commands. Or something like that
Cock Goblin 4 окт, 2012 в 15:52 
This with multiplayer might be hilarious, because PVP would involve derpy goblins fighting humans wanting toast over their wives... Starcraft style. XP if PVP is to be made, I don't want it lasting as long as a real game would, such as a few hours or even days, you would have to think RTS or if its PVE then go ahead and keep it full-length as that would kinda make it like Civilzation where you build up your town, and have to either ally with other players to fight the common goblin threat, or just kill each other... and then be enslaved by the goblins XD
Games Foundry  [Разработчик] 4 окт, 2012 в 20:06 
PVP would have to be a bit more RTS orientated to keep the duration down as you highlighted.
Bamboo 5 окт, 2012 в 0:47 
I would say put a quick play option and a normal one so that the people who play could select eithr a short or one which you have to eliminate othr playrs that would be fun or you could put a speed up time control on there.
Moose 12 окт, 2012 в 18:20 
In Coop, you could have Player 1 have a Red sqaure or circle of the selected item (unit,building,resource etc) an then Player 2 make it Blue, then those players would know who is selecting what. an if both players are selecting the same thing the square/circle would turn bright purple or pink indicating that they selected the same unit, an one of them would have to unselect it. Just an idea.
Wighar 13 окт, 2012 в 1:01 
Изначально опубликовано PvM|Moose:
In Coop, you could have Player 1 have a Red sqaure or circle of the selected item (unit,building,resource etc) an then Player 2 make it Blue, then those players would know who is selecting what. an if both players are selecting the same thing the square/circle would turn bright purple or pink indicating that they selected the same unit, an one of them would have to unselect it. Just an idea.

Its an idea, however I would add scripting that the selected unit be exluded from being clickable by player2 until that unit has finished its ordered job from player1 by inidcating this with the flashing purple/pink indicator on the sprite to player2 until finished, that way less confusion building and less potential of possible abusive behavior from some less comfortable players out there, but its trial and error, one learns as on goes :)
Последний раз отредактировал Wighar; 13 окт, 2012 в 1:06
Games Foundry  [Разработчик] 13 окт, 2012 в 1:26 
Изначально опубликовано Wighar:
Изначально опубликовано PvM|Moose:

Its an idea, however I would add scripting that the selected unit be exluded from being clickable by player2 until that unit has finished its ordered job from player1 by inidcating this with the flashing purple/pink indicator on the sprite to player2 until finished, that way less confusion building and less potential of possible abusive behavior from some less comfortable players out there, but its trial and error, one learns as on goes :)

I'd be inclined to agree with this approach for unit control. Other areas for coop consideration are how to approach the resource pool ( iron, wood, stone, gold, food etc ), construction, and adventuring. For example, how we split control of a party during a quest, and how that fits with the hero system. Ideally we'd like to support 1 or both players joining in for a quest, so maybe its worth exploring ideas based around heroes and hirelings.
★Kongtona 13 окт, 2012 в 20:22 
Local and voice chat is a must, also a strong protection on HEX values to prevent script kiddies from altering the client to cheat.
Последний раз отредактировал ★Kongtona; 13 окт, 2012 в 20:29
SCP-049(ITA) 14 окт, 2012 в 13:40 
Personally, if there will be the co-op would be nice also a survival mode where you and your friend defend the villages(one for player) from hordes of enemies looking reassuring but ambiguous type teddy zombie or something like that.
(If I have done something wrong in grammar, sorry)
Последний раз отредактировал SCP-049(ITA); 16 окт, 2012 в 9:03
Necroscourge 16 окт, 2012 в 19:54 
Procedurally generated multiplayer maps, with spots for 3-4 different players towns? Depending on their race the area immediatly around the village will be different. There is quite a lot of potential for the game, especially because the game is going to be directly competing with Clockwork Empires when it comes out. And the key decider for me is which ones going to have more quality in the multiplayer game. Granted, with time I will likely own both but the one I play more is going to be the one where I can play with a bunch of people.
[T4G] YOLOSWAG4JESUS 17 окт, 2012 в 22:24 
Maybe having 2 smaller towns to start with, but they can share resources, people, and military through trade or something.
Wighar 19 окт, 2012 в 4:50 
Изначально опубликовано Uncle Remus:
Local and voice chat is a must, also a strong protection on HEX values to prevent script kiddies from altering the client to cheat.
You mean like a md5 check to see that the client versions are the same so no "fixed" clients cant be used to communicate with authenticated clients during Multiplayer I imagine?
Последний раз отредактировал Wighar; 19 окт, 2012 в 4:52
Micnatt 23 окт, 2012 в 15:17 
I love the idea of co-op and both players controlling the same town. One person with the military focus (what he needs to win, or defend), and the other trying to supply that to him. This would make communication a must. Even if there is no designation, i usually find myself and my friends allocating jobs in most co-op games anyways.
Показано 115 из 21 комментариев
< >
На страницу: 15 30 50