This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Folk Tale
Peaches Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:02am
Sounds like...
Sounds like all the dialog is done by one person. Feels too, friends in a basement decided to faceroll a game.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Druox Sep 27, 2012 @ 1:58pm 
Oh really? I didn't realize the game was already released-oh wait. It isn't. It isn't even in Beta yet...

Sounds like someone is talking out of their butt if you know what I'm sayin'...

What you're hearing are called "place holder lines." People who "know what they're doing" tend to use these so they can test a game's interactions and they can even animate cutscenes before the "real" voices are recorded and implemented later. This allows them to keep building the game and test what they're building without having to wait on every voice actor to record their repective lines.

Hopefully this will help people who see your ignorant and uncalled for malice understand what is going on with that, and why it is that way. The footage is a work in progress, it's all alpha stuff. Just because it's on greenlight doesn't mean it's released and ready to go. it means it wants to be on Steam. In this case, it wants to be on Steam when it is finished and released.

You're welcome! Don't forget to vote for Folk Tale!
Peaches Sep 27, 2012 @ 2:11pm 
So then what your saying is, I was right.
Druox Sep 28, 2012 @ 1:19am 
No. I've said you're wrong, backed it up with facts, and now I'm saying you can't read.

Another reason to disregard your drivel. You don't know what you're talking about. You can't read. Oh, and you're wrong too.
Last edited by Druox; Sep 28, 2012 @ 1:19am
Peaches Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:28am 
So pretentious.
Last edited by Peaches; Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:29am
Druox Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:46am 
You don't know what the word "pretentous" means. Nice attempt at sounding smart, though! What other big words did you learn at high school today? :)
Last edited by Druox; Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:49am
Peaches Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:49am 
Originally posted by DRUOX:
You don't know what the word "pretentous" means. Nice attempt at sounding smart, though! What other big words did you learn in high school today? :)
Pretentious - Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
Druox Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:51am 
Oh look, his ego is showing. So you have a superiority complex, surely anyone who is smarter than you is simply pretentious because you are the smartest being on Earth, and no one could ever know more than you.

Also, proving you wrong with information isn't "being pretentious" it's being "informative" maybe if you would stop trying to insult people and take in some information for once you can sound as smart as you think you are.

You must be trolling with logic that flawed. lol. Have fun with that.
Last edited by Druox; Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:52am
Peaches Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:02am 
I type 47ish words and you go nuts, unbelievable. Its unfortunate there isn't anybody else who is interested in having this game either accepted or denied being put on steam. These forums always make me laugh, SOMEONE always has to take things to a new level, so bold on the internet. But my mind given all your information stays unchanged. This game is in its current state FAIL.
Last edited by Peaches; Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:05am
Druox Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:10am 
Good thing plenty dissagree. :)
Peaches Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:11am 
Alright well haha peace out bro.
Games Foundry  [developer] Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:15am 
Ignoring pretty much all of the above, yes, the current WIP ( work-in-progress ) videos that are posted do feature the voice of one actor. But as suggested, they are placeholders, and the main title description has for some time indicated that we have expanded the actors roster and each character will be getting it's own unique voice.

With regard to your second comment we can't possibly hope to appeal to everyone, and we appreciate you at least taking the time to take a look. The title is in development, and it's typical during that time for quality to increase as time passes. There will be a demo soon ( via the beta signup ) which we encourage you to try to form a more rounded opinion of the game.

I would like to point out that Folk Tale is made by a very small team with a typically miniscule indie budget, and I'm very proud of what the team has achieved so far. Unfortunately we don't have a multi-million dollar budget with hundreds of staff to achieve the quality that you might be comparing us to.
Peaches Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:26am 
Originally posted by Games Foundry:
Ignoring pretty much all of the above, yes, the current WIP ( work-in-progress ) videos that are posted do feature the voice of one actor. But as suggested, they are placeholders, and the main title description has for some time indicated that we have expanded the actors roster and each character will be getting it's own unique voice.

With regard to your second comment we can't possibly hope to appeal to everyone, and we appreciate you at least taking the time to take a look. The title is in development, and it's typical during that time for quality to increase as time passes. There will be a demo soon ( via the beta signup ) which we encourage you to try to form a more rounded opinion of the game.

I would like to point out that Folk Tale is made by a very small team with a typically miniscule indie budget, and I'm very proud of what the team has achieved so far. Unfortunately we don't have a multi-million dollar budget with hundreds of staff to achieve the quality that you might be comparing us to.

You really should put some of that info in the description Games Foundry. What I noticed at first glace is exactly what I commented on. Had I know from the begenning much of what you just said, I dare say my comments would have been different. I have no idea what goes into a game voice acting or otherwise in its development stages. So like I said I called it as I saw it. I play the games, not make them.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50